• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This exists

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of people dont like that the best player in the world and the highest payroll in the league reside in Cleveland. Not what they are used to. This is not the NBA of 20 years ago though. No team is entitled to shit anymore.

MORE blah-de blah, STILL flopping is flopping. it's kinda why players get fined for it...

just funny that your Queen had the audacity to deny he did it...:heh:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of people dont like that the best player in the world and the highest payroll in the league reside in Cleveland. Not what they are used to. This is not the NBA of 20 years ago though. No team is entitled to shit anymore.

You have got to be a complete moron if you think having the highest payroll in the league is a good thing.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have got to be a complete moron if you think having the highest payroll in the league is a good thing.
It's fine as long as you get the ring. If not, it is not worth it.:2cents:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fine as long as you get the ring. If not, it is not worth it.:2cents:

Any moron with a check book can deliver. You give me $10 billion and I'll deliver a championship to the darkest parts of Alaska.

Cleveland got a championship because of lebron, nothing else.

A great GM trades Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol or Briant Grant for Shaq. All Gilbert has done is convince a former player and local to the area to rejoin their team - and I doubt Gilbert has much to do with lebron coming back anyway.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any moron with a check book can deliver. You give me $10 billion and I'll deliver a championship to the darkest parts of Alaska.

A great GM trades Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol or Briant Grant for Shaq. All Gilbert has done is convince a former player and local to the area to rejoin their team - and I doubt Gilbert has much to do with lebron coming back anyway.

Not quite true. This is not baseball, there are still restrictions even when you go over the cap. Gilbert still had to work pieces without breaking the rules. Kyrie and others may have had something to do with the ring too. If it were as simple as paying the top player the Lakers would have had more rings during Kobe's tenure.

I'm not saying that Gilbert is a great GM, but he (and more so LeBron) worked it well to get the pieces he needed together even if it meant paying some luxury tax.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite true. This is not baseball, there are still restrictions even when you go over the cap. Gilbert still had to work pieces without breaking the rules. Kyrie and others may have had something to do with the ring too. If it were as simple as paying the top player the Lakers would have had more rings during Kobe's tenure.

I'm not saying that Gilbert is a great GM, but he (and more so LeBron) worked it well to get the pieces he needed together even if it meant paying some luxury tax.
oh on its own payroll means very little. The Knicks and Nets have run up some of the highest payrolls in league history and have little and nothing to show for it.

You need to combine that ability to spend- with spending it on the right guys. Obviously LeBron, Kyrie, Love, TT, JR, Shump, RJ, Frye, etc.- were money well spent.

Again this year the Cavs will almost assuredly have the highest payroll in the league (once Smith signs). Hopefull they get just as much bang for their buck as last year- and that Gilbert and Griffin continue to turn over ever rock, and explore evry opportunity to make this team better.

Last year i thought the RJ and Frye acquistions were underated. This year- taking Dunleavy's 5M off the Bulls payroll so they could sign Wade- I think should work out well. After being over the cap it was moves like this that are someo f the only options for the Cavs- so when they pull them off it just goes to show you just how opportunistic, intelligent, and guided by winning (instead of making money) that the owner has instilled and let trickle down through the entire franchise.

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some?!?

Again, with enough money (and luck with three #1 picks in four years), you can accomplish anything in sports.

Signing Thompson for stupid money and trading Wiggins for Love were terrible moves.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the real thing:

What a little bitch. Most of those are in the playoffs too. Dude needs to go to the WWE in a few years.

He reminds me of Terrell Owens with the primadonna acting

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a little bitch. Most of those are in the playoffs too. Dude needs to go to the WWE in a few years.

he did do some great acting in "Trainwreck"....which coincidentally could also describe the Bulls under Fred Hoiberg...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The majority of this flops are when he's on defense too. This accounts to either laziness to play D or just pure foul play. It's disgusting.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he did do some great acting in "Trainwreck"....which coincidentally could also describe the Bulls under Fred Hoiberg...

Dog the current Bulls all you want but Lebron is a little bitch when he pulls shit like that. We didn't win championships by acting like Lambier or Divac.

LOL @ your 1 championship there boss :clap:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The majority of this flops are when he's on defense too. This accounts to either laziness to play D or just pure foul play. It's disgusting.

It's an attention thing. Creating drama around yourself and "acting" -- TO had to do it too. Was Lebron in drama class in HS?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes and no. There is no question that you have to have very deep pockets to put together a championship team. However, you also have to have the know how to spend that money wisely. Otherwise, you become what the Knicks were for years...a very expensive shit show.

While I agree that Lebron returning is the reason the Cavs are where they are and am loathe to ever compliment Gilbert because I think he's an opportunist more than the basketball guru that Cavs fans think he is. The fact is that if he didn't have the money available to pay Lebron and the guys Lebron demanded they get, they wouldn't be where they are now.

The Lakers have had the highest payroll or very close to it every year that they have won or come close to winning a title.

Last edited:

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to funny basketball videos... probably well behind the times here but this had me dying last night.. "I will fucking end you Magic Johnson"...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to funny basketball videos... probably well behind the times here but this had me dying last night.. "I will fucking end you Magic Johnson"...

Was that Larry Bird playing Larry Bird's Mom? Or was that woman just unfortunate enough to look just like Larry Bird?