• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thinking about Chris Paul

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thread title is unbelievably gay.
not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about last year but the year prior I believe when the rockets were up 3-2 on the warriors and Chris Paul got hurt and missed the remaining games then Harden missed like 16 3s the final game was the season I honestly thought the Rockets were going to win the chip.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a feeling by the time he's done in Phoenix the Nash vs Paul vs Kidd debate will be a heated one amongst Suns fans. They're the only team to have all three-- granted at different times of their careers.

He's just so damn good.

Reactions: DJ

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a feeling by the time he's done in Phoenix the Nash vs Paul vs Kidd debate will be a heated one amongst Suns fans. They're the only team to have all three-- granted at different times of their careers.

He's just so damn good.
And Kevin Johnson too, who doesn't get the recognition he deserves because of Magic, Stockton, and Payton being in the West at the same time.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,472.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he gets at least 630 more assists. He would have to play nearly all the games to do so, though. And he’d probably have to play next year, too.
Well he is under contract this season and has a player option for next season at 44 million.....I doubt he turns that down.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,472.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CP will probably play till he's 38 or so.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,472.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockets would have won the 'ship last season and easily beat the Lakers if they kept him. What do you expect from a loser organization like that one though. They always get a host of talent and somehow screw it up with a dumb trade or something. They take the Warriors to Game 7 and then just blow it up? Get rid of your star playmaker? LOL
LOL.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of the top 6-7 point guards of all time probably.

Nash or Paul for a career? Paul or Kidd?

the answer is probably Paul for both.

I think Bill Simmons has him at like #3 behind Magic and Isiah.

At first glance, I thought I'd take Nash over Paul...but I gave it a little more thought and yeah, probably Paul over both. As great as Nash was, he has to play in a fast paced system. I don't think he could play in a more half court, physical type system, whereas Paul could play in either.

So that gives Paul the edge, imo.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first glance, I thought I'd take Nash over Paul...but I gave it a little more thought and yeah, probably Paul over both. As great as Nash was, he has to play in a fast paced system. I don't think he could play in a more half court, physical type system, whereas Paul could play in either.

The big difference between Paul and Nash is defense. Here are the Defensive Box Plus/Minus of some of the all time great PG's, and then in parentheses is their overall Box Plus/MInus when you add in their Offensive BPM. Steve Nash is the only one listed here with a negative DBPM. According to BPM, Magic and Chris Paul are the greatest PG's, but we should note that that the stat is only available starting with 1973, so who knows what Oscar Robertson's BPM is for his entire career.

1. Chris Paul 2.2 (7.5)
2. Steve Nash -1.3 (3.0)
3. Jason Kidd 1.5 (3.8)
4. Gary Payton 0.5 (3.3)
5. Isiah Thomas 0.2 (2.6)
6. Russell Westbrook 0.6 (4.7)
7. Stephen Curry 0.3 (6.3)
8. John Stockton 1.9 (6.8)
9. Magic Johnson 1.6 (7.5)

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of the top 6-7 point guards of all time probably.

Nash or Paul for a career? Paul or Kidd?

the answer is probably Paul for both.

I think Bill Simmons has him at like #3 behind Magic and Isiah.

Tough question. Don't know tbh. I feel like he's on par with Nash. Kidd I think might have been a bit better.

Top PGs for me:

1. Magic
2. Oscar
3. Steph
4. Stockton
5. Payton
6. Kidd
7. Isiah
8. CP3
9. Nash

(Counting Jerry West as a SG)

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough question. Don't know tbh. I feel like he's on par with Nash. Kidd I think might have been a bit better.

Top PGs for me:

1. Magic
2. Oscar
3. Steph
4. Stockton
5. Payton
6. Kidd
7. Isiah
8. CP3
9. Nash

(Counting Jerry West as a SG)

I think Point God Chris Paul has to be somewhere in the top 5, arguably ahead of Curry. Bill Simmons is an idiot for having Isiah Thomas at number 2, if that is true..

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Point God Chris Paul has to be somewhere in the top 5, arguably ahead of Curry. Bill Simmons is an idiot for having Isiah Thomas at number 2, if that is true..

My tie breaker is post season success and highest team potential based on their play. Stockton went to back to back NBA finals. Payton took his team to the NBA finals. Both those guys lost to Jordan, which is understandable. Kidd's won championships, but he also took his Nets team to the finals being the man. Isiah won two titles. Even if we go the "hater" route and say Curry's 2015 championship doesn't count because of the injuries to the Cavs and discounting the KD years, he won back to back MVP's and lead his team to the NBA finals both years as the best player and the best regular season record in NBA history.

CP3 had a loaded Clippers team and continually underachieved. 2018 was his best shot to get to the finals with Harden with his teammate being the MVP of the league that year. Other than that he's had mediocre post season success. He's a great player but I have him lower on my list.

I don't see any argument that he could possibly be ahead of Curry, let alone a few of the others I have above him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not sure it is even that close to be honest.

Paul is also an elite defender. Nash was a turnstile. And I don’t think he was enough better offensively to make that up.