• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things that used to annoy me about fantasy football.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would get together and draft. There was always that moment in which there was dead silence for about 5 minutes. Player X would say, "Who's turn is it?" My response, "Yours." It never failed. The very person getting the most impatient and it was his dumb ass we were waiting on. This would happen even though I would announce who was next to pick.

Back then the telephone (or phone) was used to call in lineups. I had a guy who would call and say, "At QB, I'll play.................(10 second pause) Donovan McNabb and...........who are my RBs? Sorry man, I'm at work." Jesus Christ. What the fuck difference does it make if you're at work? You can't write down 7 or 8 names on a piece of paper and have it with you? JESUS.

Another would call and ask, "Can you tell me what teams are on bye this week? I haven't had time to look. We're at the zoo with the kids and well, they come first. We've also been Christmas shopping." Son-of-a-bitch. Give me your damn lineup. I don't give a shit if you're with the kids and all that shit. You ain't that busy to where you can't look at the damn schedule.

There would seem to always be this person---we're in the 6th or 7th round. "I'll take Le'Veon Bell." I used Bell as an example to show how stupid it is to think he would still be available. Back then, Randy Moss in 1999 would be a good example.

"Can you tell me if so and so is going to play?" No, I can't. It's your lineup not mine.

Not necessarily annoying since it's their team not mine...the person who would draft a guy who was declared out for the season a month earlier with a torn ACL and they pick him in the 3rd or 4th round. Dumb ass.

Memories.

Does anyone else have any stories in which there were people in your league you wanted to force choke? Feel free to share.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would get together and draft. There was always that moment in which there was dead silence for about 5 minutes. Player X would say, "Who's turn is it?" My response, "Yours." It never failed. The very person getting the most impatient and it was his dumb ass we were waiting on. This would happen even though I would announce who was next to pick.

Back then the telephone (or phone) was used to call in lineups. I had a guy who would call and say, "At QB, I'll play.................(10 second pause) Donovan McNabb and...........who are my RBs? Sorry man, I'm at work." Jesus Christ. What the fuck difference does it make if you're at work? You can't write down 7 or 8 names on a piece of paper and have it with you? JESUS.

Another would call and ask, "Can you tell me what teams are on bye this week? I haven't had time to look. We're at the zoo with the kids and well, they come first. We've also been Christmas shopping." Son-of-a-bitch. Give me your damn lineup. I don't give a shit if you're with the kids and all that shit. You ain't that busy to where you can't look at the damn schedule.

There would seem to always be this person---we're in the 6th or 7th round. "I'll take Le'Veon Bell." I used Bell as an example to show how stupid it is to think he would still be available. Back then, Randy Moss in 1999 would be a good example.

"Can you tell me if so and so is going to play?" No, I can't. It's your lineup not mine.

Not necessarily annoying since it's their team not mine...the person who would draft a guy who was declared out for the season a month earlier with a torn ACL and they pick him in the 3rd or 4th round. Dumb ass.

Memories.

Does anyone else have any stories in which there were people in your league you wanted to force choke? Feel free to share.
All of that has happened from time you time. . many of them multiple times. Gotten better with the internet spreading everywhere, and WiFi and smart phones especially, but still, there's always one guy....grr.

The only time i have any pity at all, is those damned Thursday games. I can relate to anyone having a 9-5, who isn't on the east coast, having issues getting things right on those days, before kick-off. But still. . you had lunch, smoke breaks, the morning before you went to work. .if it was a priority at all.. you'd have made time.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player scores a TD for his team. Fan of opposing team says "that's ok, he is in my fantasy lineup". What is the matter with you!?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player scores a TD for his team. Fan of opposing team says "that's ok, he is in my fantasy lineup". What is the matter with you!?

Lol those feels though when your favorite team scores a TD. But it's against you in fantasy

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"is our draft available through Xbox One?"

coming from the owner that never knows who his players are for keepers, or what their values are for the start of the season, even though it is emailed and texted to him

same guy has asked me at least 3 times what time our draft is.

It's Sept 4th at 9pm cst, in case anyone here was wondering, LOL

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raider fan who drafted all Raiders when the Raiders sucked. That was cool.
Bronco fan that drafted all Broncos when they sucked. That was cool too.
Both guise left the league before either team got better. That was the best part.

Harry Seaword

Hoopla Cash
$ 266.84
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have 1 guy in my league that would do this. 3rd year into it we made a rule. If you pick a player that is taken you take a shot. And not a good shot. I bring a bottle of Cutty Sark every draft.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 1 guy in my league that would do this. 3rd year into it we made a rule. If you pick a player that is taken you take a shot. And not a good shot. I bring a bottle of Cutty Sark every draft.
Never heard of Cutty Sark... must be pretty bad

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14871-540x335.jpg

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who ask for fantasy advise, then whine when it doesn't work out. :violin:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We always take a minute to regroup after offense and then do IDP. Reverse order of what offense was.

After about round two there are always three or four guys who don't pay attention. Or say next on the list. I hate that. Same guys we're trying to take Khalil Mack in the freaking 11th round. He was the first pick. It's a money league. And they suck. But still...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can always tell who the douche in high school was can't you? D&D is for nerds and fags.. meanwhile, in grandma's basement, he's a 12th level dungeon master. Only here its, fantasy football is for queers, meanwhile, the guy can't figure out how to submit a lineup and gets thrashed by D&D nerds every week

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see.... long time league little turn over so let me think of something... hmmm... I'd just say rules. A few owners out of 12 just never seem to memorize some rules and send text after text. It gets funny when they bring up a old rule from a year or 4 ago. Some how they remember that rule from that time period out of the blue but not the current one we talked about hahaha..

As far as draft it's a true frat party so it's all about getting the madness in order the whole draft... But it's also fun madness lol...

-DUB-