• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things Jim Harbaugh has done (it's amazing)

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a whole other topic that makes me question Harbaugh. Carrol as well as other elite coaches that took over teams built on tradition and success.. Turned their teams around in big part by utilizing the brand and history. The antics are unnecessary Whats the point in taking these risks that could potentially destroy the program?

USC can win big with California players. Michigan can't win big with just Michigan players. Harbaugh feels that he needs to be in Florida and the South, in Cali and Texas and Ohio and Jersey. Just saying "We're Michigan, play here" is only going to go so far. Hell, I couldn't tell you how many times before Harbaugh I read pages and pages of shit on message boards about how Michigan will never be great again by selling "We are Michigan" and here you are trying to say they need to just sell "We are Michigan". The "antics" keeps Micigan in the spotlight and keeps them on recruits minds. It seems to be working so far.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm simply debating points that I believe fall between inaccurate and absurd.

Like what? You insist on calling Florida a blue blood program yet before Meyer got to The Swamp they only had 1 Natty ('96) & 1 Heisman winner ('66). That in no way is blue blood material. Ya wanna diminish what Carroll did @ USC yet he took over a very mediocre program & returned them to greatness. Now has JH turned programs around? Of course he has. Has he returned any program to greatness? Not even close.

It'll be interesting to see you tell me what I just said is inaccurate or absurd.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now. You can keep repeating how bad USC was for, what, 3 years before Carroll was hired? They were still around .500 every single year. They were 5-7 the year before Carroll was hired. 6-6 the year before that. 8-5 the year before that. They only had 2 sub-.500 (2000, 1991) seasons in the decade before Carroll was hired. Stanford had 2 season over .500 in the 10 before Harbaugh. USC is a storied program in arguably the strongest highschool football hotbed in the country. Stanford was a train wreck for the vast majority of their history. Comparing turning USC around to turning around Stanford is absurd. I understand that when you're used to your team winning 10+ games every year a 6 or 7 win season seems like the end of the world but get a grip, Bro!

Yeah, USC had a lot of talent as always, but Paul "Can't" Hackett and Larry Smith before him, couldn't do anything with it. Pete came in and was able to get all of that talent developed and playing together.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC can win big with California players. Michigan can't win big with just Michigan players. Harbaugh feels that he needs to be in Florida and the South, in Cali and Texas and Ohio and Jersey. Just saying "We're Michigan, play here" is only going to go so far. Hell, I couldn't tell you how many times before Harbaugh I read pages and pages of shit on message boards about how Michigan will never be great again by selling "We are Michigan" and here you are trying to say they need to just sell "We are Michigan". The "antics" keeps Micigan in the spotlight and keeps them on recruits minds. It seems to be working so far.
SO you're saying you don't consider Michigan a blue blood? Teams of blue blood stature don't need gimmick recruiting. But I'm not impressed with harbaugh and michigan right now. Especially their SOS. One of the weakest schedules I've seen this year. Speaking of I'm going to be busy for a while working the SC/Bama thread. My mind will not change until Harbaugh proves himself point blank

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like what? You insist on calling Florida a blue blood program yet before Meyer got to The Swamp they only had 1 Natty ('96) & 1 Heisman winner ('66). That in no way is blue blood material. Ya wanna diminish what Carroll did @ USC yet he took over a very mediocre program & returned them to greatness. Now has JH turned programs around? Of course he has. Has he returned any program to greatness? Not even close.

It'll be interesting to see you tell me what I just said is inaccurate or absurd.

I don't recall calling Florida a blue blood. I don't even know what you're talking about. I haven't tried at all to diminish what Carroll did at USC. He had a run like not many coaches have had in the history of the game. But anyone trying to tell me that USC was at rock bottom when he got there is going to get a dabate. There were far worse situations that he could have walked into. Stanford would be one example.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO you're saying you don't consider Michigan a blue blood? Teams of blue blood stature don't need gimmick recruiting. But I'm not impressed with harbaugh and michigan right now. Especially their SOS. One of the weakest schedules I've seen this year. Speaking of I'm going to be busy for a while working the SC/Bama thread. My mind will not change until Harbaugh proves himself point blank

Not even sure how you got this out of what I said but whatever. You call his recruiting tactics gimmicks, I'd say a better word is innovative or maybe just outside the box. I'd like nothing more right now than for your new coach to start trying some of this stuff and see how you react. Harbaugh will prove himself. Just keep watching and obsessing!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall calling Florida a blue blood. I don't even know what you're talking about. I haven't tried at all to diminish what Carroll did at USC. He had a run like not many coaches have had in the history of the game. But anyone trying to tell me that USC was at rock bottom when he got there is going to get a dabate. There were far worse situations that he could have walked into. Stanford would be one example.

Hey my bad! You're right you didn't call Florida a blue blood, ralphiewva did. I got ya 2 mixed up for a moment.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Jam deserves his own national holiday.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy the Great is fixing the Ozone layer w/ every breath he takes.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Harbaughs the worst coach of all time. I don't know how he has a job. He's sooo tuurrribllllee

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Harbaughs the worst coach of all time. I don't know how he has a job. He's sooo tuurrribllllee

Hey maybe you should change your avatar to this...

imagesweqwqeq.jpg :D

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem upset. Go take a nap or something.

Ohhh my someone thought they were getting to mean?? Come on dude I can take it. It ain't that serious. You don't need to edit anythang lol

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even sure how you got this out of what I said but whatever. You call his recruiting tactics gimmicks, I'd say a better word is innovative or maybe just outside the box. I'd like nothing more right now than for your new coach to start trying some of this stuff and see how you react. Harbaugh will prove himself. Just keep watching and obsessing!
Sure if gimmick is the right word. He walks a very dangerous and questionable line. Hiring parents and high school coaches. Sleep overs...His recruiting methods are very borderline. And I see them coming back to haunt him or escalating

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhh my someone thought they were getting to mean?? Come on dude I can take it. It ain't that serious. You don't need to edit anythang lol

Huh? Nobody here is getting mean. I decided to say something else. Nothing more than that.