• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things Jim Harbaugh has done (it's amazing)

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys screen name is literally RollTide and you say he is a Michigan man?!?:lol:

What's most painful is that I am literally the first person to respond with a Jimmy Jam slam when @Wamu started this slap fest over 3 years ago...Michigan Man...pffffff...as if.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, there are more games than just the playoff games you know what Oklahoma hasn't done...pretended to be a contender while losing embarrassingly by 30 points to mediocre teams...yet somehow they're Chokelahoma....sounds like something a largely pretty good, but not great team would do.
OSU is closer to Alabama and Clemson than Oklahoma is to Ohio State. This is a fact that is backed up by multiple data points. I'm sorry this scares you. You'll get over it, I'm sure.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's most painful is that I am literally the first person to respond with a Jimmy Jam slam when @Wamu started this slap fest over 3 years ago...Michigan Man...pffffff...as if.
That was before Jimmy had a sleep over with you and you came out of the closet as a Michigan Man.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma has been there because the Big 12 has been a joke and they have the brand recognition to get in. There's a reason they can't win in the CFP while OSU is 2-2, and should be 3-1.

And no, records don't suggest they're closer to OSU. They have 9 fewer wins than us in this era. We have 3 fewer wins than Clemson and Bama, while playing in a significantly better conference than Clemson, to boot. Ohio State is also 5-2 in bowl games in the playoff era while Oklahoma is (LMAO) 1-5, with their only win coming against an 8-5 Auburn team.

The gap between OSU and OU is dramatically larger than between OSU and Clemson/Bama.

The last team to beat Ohio State at home was Oklahoma.

Ohio State is 0-3 recently vs. Clemson, OU is 0-2. One of Ohio State's losses being a shutout. (LMAO)

Ohio State beat Alabama in 2014, Oklahoma beat Alabama in 2013.

You aren't on Clemson or Alabama's level and that's a fact, jack.

Ohio State: We're third best, probably.

In summary, your stats are trash and things can change dramatically from year to year. I.E. - LSU this season. Keep blaming the refs for that Clemson loss, though.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last team to beat Ohio State at home was Oklahoma.

Ohio State is 0-3 recently vs. Clemson, OU is 0-2. One of Ohio State's losses being a shutout. (LMAO)

Ohio State beat Alabama in 2014, Oklahoma beat Alabama in 2013.

You aren't on Clemson or Alabama's level and that's a fact, jack.

Ohio State: We're third best, probably.

In summary, your stats are trash and things can change dramatically from year to year. I.E. - LSU this season. Keep blaming the refs for that Clemson loss, though.
Whoa, someone's pissed about the truth.

Yes, OSU is the 3rd best team nationally in the CFP era. You are a distant 4th. nearly 10 wins behind overall (1.5 fewer wins per year) with a pathetic 1-5 mark in bowl games and 0-4 in CFP games, with your only bowl win being over 8-5 Auburn. These are facts. Deal with it.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa, someone's pissed about the truth.

Yes, OSU is the 3rd best team nationally in the CFP era. You are a distant 4th. nearly 10 wins behind overall (1.5 fewer wins per year) with a pathetic 1-5 mark in bowl games and 0-4 in CFP games, with your only bowl win being over 8-5 Auburn. These are facts. Deal with it.

Third best, and a distant third at that. Anything else is a loser argument trying to justify morale victories.

Ohio State has played easier bowl games, OU has not. OU also went 8-5 in 2014 so get hyped about being 'nearly' 10 games ahead of OU.

Oregon was also the easiest out in CCG playoff history.

More facts while we're facting.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Third best, and a distant third at that. Anything else is a loser argument trying to justify morale victories.

Ohio State has played easier bowl games, OU has not. OU also went 8-5 in 2014 so get hyped about being 'nearly' 10 games ahead of OU.

Oregon was also the easiest out in CCG playoff history.

More facts while we're facting.
Those are literally opinions, you tool. Man, you are ultra salty about this.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are literally opinions, you tool. Man, you are ultra salty about this.

I'm not salty, you're just wrong. Trying to say you're close to Clemson and Alabama when you aren't. You won once in 2014 and haven't done anything since and neither has OU. Sit down.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imagessdaasdasd.jpg

**adjusted to 2-16 for the '19 season. Lost to Ohio State (then # 1) & Penn State (then # 7). Beat ND (then # 8)**

giphy (2).gif

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will depend on who they have at QB behind Fields. Definitely don’t want him taking a lot of hits if they don’t have a backup they have a ton of confidence in.

Defensively — I think you guys will be fine. You can’t replace guys like Young and Okudah, but OSU has the depth to make it work.

2 true freshmen.

CJ Stroud was the #2 Pro Style and Jack Miller was also a 4*

Inexperience but talent is there behind him.

Both are early enrolls though so that helps.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not salty, you're just wrong. Trying to say you're close to Clemson and Alabama when you aren't. You won once in 2014 and haven't done anything since and neither has OU. Sit down.
OSU in the CFP era: 75 total wins, 23 ranked wins, 2-2 CFP record, 5-2 overall bowl record, 1 NC

OU in the CFP era: 66 total wins, 15 ranked wins, 0-4 CFP record, 1-5 overall bowl record, 0 NC

LOL nah man, we're WAY closer to Clemson and Bama than we are to OU. Can't stop laughing that you're trying to say OU is close to OSU, wow...

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU is closer to Alabama and Clemson than Oklahoma is to Ohio State. This is a fact that is backed up by multiple data points. I'm sorry this scares you. You'll get over it, I'm sure.

Not this data point...

CFP game appearances Alabama 9, Clemson 8, Oklahoma 4, tOSU 4

or

this one:

CFP game wins, Alabama 6, Clemson 6, tOSU 2, Oklahoma 0

or this one:

Losses by two touchdowns or more in the CFP Era

Alabama 1, Clemson 3, Oklahoma 4, tOSU 5

I'll definitely get over it...I have all these National Championship trophies to assuage my anguish.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teague is a question mark. He had his first taste of big game action against michigan and Clemson, and it was obviously not his best showing, averaging 2 YPC. However, he was still only in his second year, and he'll have another full offseason. He's not Dobbins, you're right, but I think he's better than Weber. I think OSU is going to deploy multiple backs next year, though, so we'll see.

I'm not sure the drop will be that big. Wisconsin is going to still be good, Minnesota returns a lot, as does Penn State. Not as good as this year, but still the clear 2nd best conference in the nation. Unfortunately, you're right about this year's OSU. We'll always look back and wonder what could've been if so many things had gone different. I believe that with a healthy Fields and Dobbins and playing our best, we're better than any team in the nation hand down, but that's not how it goes sometimes.
JK Dobbins looked like crap much of his sophomore year, but when it was clear he was the guy, the light came on. I am hoping the same happens for Teague.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this data point...

CFP game appearances Alabama 9, Clemson 8, Oklahoma 4, tOSU 4

or

this one:

CFP game wins, Alabama 6, Clemson 6, tOSU 2, Oklahoma 0

or this one:

Losses by two touchdowns or more in the CFP Era

Alabama 1, Clemson 3, Oklahoma 4, tOSU 5

I'll definitely get over it...I have all these National Championship trophies to assuage my anguish.
CFP appearances are decided by a committee. Total wins, NCs, ranked wins aren't. Pretty simple.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JK Dobbins looked like crap much of his sophomore year, but when it was clear he was the guy, the light came on. I am hoping the same happens for Teague.
That's the hope, but I'm not worried. Even if we have more of a committee approach, I'm not going to be upset. With Fields (hopefully) healthy, we can run Teague as the lead dog with a healthy mix of Crowley and Chembers with maybe some Jaelen Gill mixed in, and I think the run game will still be solid. If one of them separates from the pack, I'll be even happier.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Stroud looked like he had wheels in the all star game on tv last week.
He does an incredibly good job at avoiding pressure while keeping his eyes downfield. We still have Gunnar Hoak back next year I think, but I wouldn't be shocked if Stroud was the backup with Miller as 3rd string.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was before Jimmy had a sleep over with you and you came out of the closet as a Michigan Man.

The thought of sharing a sleeping bag with that pasty white booger eating flesh bag should make anyone pop a chubby...

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CFP appearances are decided by a committee. Total wins, NCs, ranked wins aren't. Pretty simple.

Uhh...ranked teams are chosen by a very large committee...so by default so are ranked wins. Most are in-conference, so it would make sense for you to have more. Bowl records are also a function of who you play. You can pretend that Oklahoma would get rocked by USC and Washington...but the Pac-12 bowl record speaks for itself.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh...ranked teams are chosen by a very large committee...so by default so are ranked wins. Most are in-conference, so it would make sense for you to have more. Bowl records are also a function of who you play. You can pretend that Oklahoma would get rocked by USC and Washington...but the Pac-12 bowl record speaks for itself.
Why are you so upset about this? I've already said OSU isn't on the Clemson-Bama level.

There's also a big difference between picking 4 teams and picking 25. If you want to look at top 10 wins, the disparity between OSU and OU grows way more.