• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things Jim Harbaugh has done (it's amazing)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already explained it to you.

The only reason you act like this is due to Michigan man syndrome.

By saying OSU is the best of the 2nd tier of elite programs (essentially) the #3 program in the country is the Michigan Man syndrome?!?:lol:

Bama and Clemson have been to the CFP 5 of 6 years. Each have played in 4 national championship games. Each have won 2 national championships. They are 1a and 1b.

I don’t think you find a single person in the country outside of an OSU fan who’d put OSU on the same level as Bama and Clemson. Yet — I have Michigan Man syndrome for saying OSU is the 3rd best?!?:lol:

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is part of the game. Hate to see people get hurt though.

They are top tier but did not make it to the CFP.

Ohio State is top tier.

Meh, 31-0 in the first round says no. There is no shame in being the best 2nd tier team. One year doesn't make us worse than you, and 1 year doesn't make you our equal. We have 5 of the last 11 National Titles. You have 5 AP titles in the history of your program...

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, 31-0 in the first round says no. There is no shame in being the best 2nd tier team. One year doesn't make us worse than you, and 1 year doesn't make you our equal. We have 5 of the last 11 National Titles. You have 5 AP titles in the history of your program...

What was the score again......

Yes we are elite.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Harbaugh doesn’t give them 3 extra titles? He’s so good though.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the score again......

Yes we are elite.

Sure, you're elite, we're just eliter. I mean in the last 20 years Michigan has 3 conference champions and tOSU has 10, does that mean Michigan is elite too?

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, you're elite, we're just eliter. I mean in the last 20 years Michigan has 3 conference champions and tOSU has 10, does that mean Michigan is elite too?

Stay with it.

In reference to Michigan, we are all talking about the hype machine, Harbaugh.

Michigan can claim they are elite with their overall record.

What kind of word is eliter.......

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For being an OSU homer, I hate agreeing with @TrustMeIamRight, but he's mostly right. As I put it before:

1a/1b: Clemson and Bama
2: OSU

3: Everyone else

If LSU beats Clemson, they're a notch or two below OSU but ahead of everyone else. However, Clemson and Bama are at the summit alone while OSU is right behind.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay with it.

It's made up...kind of like tOSU's elite status.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Michigan most definitely isn’t and hasn’t been for a long, long time.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay with it.

There is nothing elite about UM’s program right now.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For being an OSU homer, I hate agreeing with @TrustMeIamRight, but he's mostly right. As I put it before:

If LSU beats Clemson, they're a notch or two below OSU but ahead of everyone else. However, Clemson and Bama are at the summit alone while OSU is right behind.

I would put it:

Tier 1 — the Elite of the Elite
Clemson
Bama

Teir 2 — Elite programs
OSU (top of the tier 2 programs, but a ways to go to get to Bama, Clemson level)

Oklahoma (no particular order for these last 3)
Georgia
LSU

Everyone else.

I realize OSU fans want to put themselves right under Clemson and Bama, but what Clemson and Bama have done over the last 5 years for Clemson and the last 10+ for Bama — OSU has quite a bit of catching up to do.

Clemson and Bama have played in 4 national championship games and have 2 titles each.

OSU had the great run in 2014-2015, but haven’t had a win in the CFP since, so it will take them a few years of CFP success to reach Bama and Clemson level.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would put it:

Tier 1 — the Elite of the Elite
Clemson
Bama

Teir 2 — Elite programs
OSU (top of the tier 2 programs, but a ways to go to get to Bama, Clemson level)

Oklahoma (no particular order for these last 3)
Georgia
LSU

Everyone else.

I realize OSU fans want to put themselves right under Clemson and Bama, but what Clemson and Bama have done over the last 5 years for Clemson and the last 10+ for Bama — OSU has quite a bit of catching up to do.

Clemson and Bama have played in 4 national championship games and have 2 titles each.

OSU had the great run in 2014-2015, but haven’t had a win in the CFP since, so it will take them a few years of CFP success to reach Bama and Clemson level.
In the CFP era (6 years):
Clemson: 78-7, 2 NCs
Alabama: 78-8, 2 NCs
Ohio State: 75-8, 1 NC

The next best team is Oklahoma at 66-15 with 0 NC. If LSU can win the NC, they'll be 59-19 with 1 NC. So, it is exactly the way I have it.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you're agreeing with me, why are you facepalming. Perhaps you are not happy with my narrow definition of elite...which would be Clemson and Alabama.

I would argue that LSU is on a plane below Oklahoma at present, slightly above Oregon and could jump to sole possession of 4 with a win. Oklahoma has played 4 CFP games and was very competitive in 2 of them. tOSU has played in 4 CFP games and was very competitive in 3 of them. The win separates tOSU from Oklahoma...but it's not 2 and everyone else. Oklahoma is a lot closer to tOSU than tOSU is to Alabama and Clemson.

Clemson has played in 8 CFP games and has been very competitive in 7 of them. Alabama has played 9 CFP games and was very competitive in 8 of them. A win next week would put Clemson above Alabama in the CFP era.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're agreeing with me, why are you facepalming. Perhaps you are not happy with my narrow definition of elite...which would be Clemson and Alabama.

I would argue that LSU is on a plane below Oklahoma at present, slightly above Oregon and could jump to sole possession of 4 with a win. Oklahoma has played 4 CFP games and was very competitive in 2 of them. tOSU has played in 4 CFP games and was very competitive in 3 of them. The win separates tOSU from Oklahoma...but it's not 2 and everyone else. Oklahoma is a lot closer to tOSU than tOSU is to Alabama and Clemson.

Clemson has played in 8 CFP games and has been very competitive in 7 of them. Alabama has played 9 CFP games and was very competitive in 8 of them. A win next week would put Clemson above Alabama in the CFP era.
Not even remotely close. OU is 0-4 in the CFP, and I have no idea what 2nd game other than UGA you think they were competitive in. I guess you mean Bama 2 years ago when they were down 21 at halftime and Bama let off the brakes but still won by 2 scores? They have 0 CFP wins and no NCs. They were destroyed twice, beaten very soundly once, and blew it against UGA, and this years game against LSU could've been way worse. They have almost 10 fewer overall wins than OSU in the CFP era, while OSU is within 3 wins of both Bama and Clemson. This statement is just ignorant.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even remotely close. OU is 0-4 in the CFP, and I have no idea what 2nd game other than UGA you think they were competitive in. I guess you mean Bama 2 years ago when they were down 21 at halftime and Bama let off the brakes but still won by 2 scores? They have 0 CFP wins and no NCs. They were destroyed twice, beaten very soundly once, and blew it against UGA, and this years game against LSU could've been way worse. They have almost 10 fewer overall wins than OSU in the CFP era, while OSU is within 3 wins of both Bama and Clemson. This statement is just ignorant.

I never took you for a homer, lol, just kidding, we all know what color your PJ's are..when I look in the rear view mirror, I see Oklahoma and Ohio State back there in the dust, two peas in a pod over the last couple of decades, and I can't tell which is which, you guys might be ahead, but at this distance, hard to tell, hell I'm as worried about LSU and they are in our division. Clemson I have to look out the side window.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never took you for a homer, lol, just kidding, we all know what color your PJ's are..when I look in the rear view mirror, I see Oklahoma and Ohio State back there in the dust, two peas in a pod over the last couple of decades, and I can't tell which is which, you guys might be ahead, but at this distance, hard to tell, hell I'm as worried about LSU and they are in our division. Clemson I have to look out the side window.
Ok, well stats and records support my argument, but good job trying to be condescending, I guess.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the CFP era (6 years):
Clemson: 78-7, 2 NCs
Alabama: 78-8, 2 NCs
Ohio State: 75-8, 1 NC

The next best team is Oklahoma at 66-15 with 0 NC. If LSU can win the NC, they'll be 59-19 with 1 NC. So, it is exactly the way I have it.

Only reason I wouldn’t put OSU near Bama and Clemson.

CFP Era:

CFP appearances
Alabama 5
Clemson 5
OSU 3

CFP wins
Alabama 6
Clemson 6
OSU 2

CFP NCG appearances
Alabama 4
Clemson 4
OSU 1

IMO, if you want to be on the same level as those tier 1 teams. It takes consistency. OSU has been unreal over the last 5+ years, but they haven’t won a CFP game since 2014-2015. That’s why I say OSU is the top of the 2nd tier teams.

As far as LSU — I just added them because I think with the new offense — they will do some damage. They always seem to have elite WR’s and the new offense seems to have found a way to utilize them.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only reason I wouldn’t put OSU near Bama and Clemson.

CFP Era:

CFP appearances
Alabama 5
Clemson 5
OSU 3

CFP wins
Alabama 6
Clemson 6
OSU 2

CFP NCG appearances
Alabama 4
Clemson 4
OSU 1

IMO, if you want to be on the same level as those tier 1 teams. It takes consistency. OSU has been unreal over the last 5+ years, but they haven’t won a CFP game since 2014-2015. That’s why I say OSU is the top of the 2nd tier teams.

As far as LSU — I just added them because I think with the new offense — they will do some damage. They always seem to have elite WR’s and the new offense seems to have found a way to utilize them.
I've already said OSU isn't on that same level. They're right below them as the only other team to win more than 1 CFP game and to also win a NC. That NC is huge. Also, as far as appearances go, OSU has had 2 seasons with 1 loss where they didn't make the CFP. Bama and Clemson have gotten in every time with 1 loss (Alabama 3 times, Clemson 2 times). When you have a subjective committee, it makes that a bit of a moot point.

No other team has been as consistently good as OSU outside of Clemson and Bama other than OU, and they've embarrassed themselves in 3 of the 4 appearances they've made. Not only that, they have 9 fewer wins in the CFP era than OSU, while we're only 3 behind Clemson and Bama. Again, the total wins and CFP Titles echo my thoughts exactly.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, well stats and records support my argument, but good job trying to be condescending, I guess.

Like I said, you've both made played 4 CFP games, yes, you have two wins and they have none, but they've also made one more than you.

Clemson and Alabama both have 5 appearances in 6 years and have played 9 and 8 games versus your 4. They have both won 6.

They are closer to you than you are to us....as indicated by records....which clearly don't support your argument.

6 teams have more than 1 game in the CFP...

Clemson 9 games 6 wins (Their 9th game is Mon)
Alabama 9 games 6 wins

Big Gap

tOSU 4 games 2 wins

Gap

Oklahoma 4 games 0 wins

Gap

Georgia 2 games 1 win
Oregon 2 games 1 win