• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thibs is closing to taking full control of Wolves

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 mil a year over 5 years?

What your guys thoughts???

Huge hire but also really giving him carte blanche here.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 mil a year over 5 years?

What your guys thoughts???

Huge hire but also really giving him carte blanche here.

I think it's a great move for the T-Wolves. Thibs hiring would be paired with hiring the Spurs Asst GM, Scott Layden, if I read correctly.

Thibs had no control or say in anything that happened with the Bulls. He didn't get any input on personnel and was over-ruled in many cases. The Bulls fired Ron Adams, when Thibs practically begged them to keep him. Adams is now with the Warriors and considered the top assistant in the game.

Thibs will have a great impact on all the young players.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a great move for the T-Wolves. Thibs hiring would be paired with hiring the Spurs Asst GM, Scott Layden, if I read correctly.

Thibs had no control or say in anything that happened with the Bulls. He didn't get any input on personnel and was over-ruled in many cases. The Bulls fired Ron Adams, when Thibs practically begged them to keep him. Adams is now with the Warriors and considered the top assistant in the game.

O yeah I am definitely down with risking giving him the control. Also, as you said it looks like hes going to have some great assistance with Layden.

Hopefully the wolves really take off. They are considerably far behind the Vikes, Wild and Twins for my care and investment, but I would still love to see them break out.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O yeah I am definitely down with risking giving him the control. Also, as you said it looks like hes going to have some great assistance with Layden.

Hopefully the wolves really take off. They are considerably far behind the Vikes, Wild and Twins for my care and investment, but I would still love to see them break out.

I would think next year they're going to take a big leap. I have a feeling there is going to be some shuffling of power around the Western Conference.

The Grizz are getting older and Conley is a free agent. No one knows what Durant is going to do. Portland has cap space and could go in any number of ways. There could be some shake up of the Clips. Mavs are sliding downwards.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of control to hand over to him... but if that's what it took to get a solid coach, it will probably be worth it.

Wolves look to be a team on the rise for sure.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent hire here for the Timberwolves.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him.

I was hoping he'd become the Knicks head coach, but apparently zen shyster's ego and clueless rationale to stick w/ Kurt Rambis is beginning to look like Phil is suffering from senility +/or early onset of dementia.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis was railed by injuries so maybe not them, a healthy Conley-Gasol next year will help. But you get the point.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great move.

Minnesota is going to be scary…. maybe as soon as next year. With teams like Memphis, Dallas and Houston declining don't be surprised if they sneak in the playoffs.

Yeah I think they absolutely have to make a legitamate run at the playoffs next year at the minimum. As a 29 win team there's a lot that has to happen to make it, but wolves should definitely have themselves fighting for a spot. Can't enter another April with no shot at playoffs.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great move.

Minnesota is going to be scary…. maybe as soon as next year. With teams like Memphis, Dallas and Houston declining don't be surprised if they sneak in the playoffs.

Playoffs should be a realistic goal that Minny should try to achieve next season.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Risky.

But, I love it.

If he can get Shabazz and Zach to play defense, this Team could take a big step next year.

I think this will do wonders for Wiggins too.

Happy for my guy, @Win TWINS!!!

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About. Damn. Time.

Is there a risk? Of course. Nothing is guaranteed, but this is a risk worth taking. Minnesota should no longer be considered fly-over country for free agents.

:yahoo:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expectations for next year, still need to be tempered. They are such a young team that is learning to play with each other.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THIS.

It's a fantastic move for the Wolves. You can't blame Thibs for wanting FO say considering how Chicago kept cutting him off at the knees any time they could and he's going about it the right way; hiring a solid GM to do most of the FO legwork and he'll just have final say. It's exactly the same set up Pop has with RC Buford. There's no reason not to love this if you're a Wolves fan

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit and Utah have some terrific young talent, Orlando to a lesser extent.

But, The Teen Wolves have 2 guys who could be elite..plus, a top 8 pick in this draft.

Exciting times.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit and Utah have some terrific young talent, Orlando to a lesser extent.
But, The Teen Wolves have 2 guys who could be elite..plus, a top 8 pick in this draft.
Exciting times.

Especially because I think young teams struggle with defense more than offense. Wolves do need more shooting -- but I think a big improvement on defense can help them improve most quickly.