• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

These game plans are pathetic

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy with his genius play calling thinking he has a ground and pound team running in running formations on 1st and 2nd down. Then getting his QB killed on 3rd and long. He must be consulting with Bart Starr on game planning. This nonsense leads to...

Capers thinking his 2-4 game plan is something no teams can take advantage of. The linebackers are getting swallowed up by linemen and can't get off blocks leaving a 5 yard at minimum gain every time that lineup is on the field. I do understand that the Lions pass game is more dangerous than the run game, but why not go to 3-3 and get Jones off the field...he's pathetic anyway, so a good view from the bench is his most dangerous play making anyway.

I won't even get into the special teams, a guy who couldn't even catch a fucking punt while he was in Green Bay carved them up on his returns....

These coaches really think too highly of themselves, especially after reading McCarthy saying they have all this coaching talent....really, is he this fucking obtuse?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defensive players aren't exactly busting a gut to get to the ball carrier. When they get there they're using half-hearted arm tackles. It's as if they don't believe in the cause when Rodgers isn't there. You can complain about the gameplan all you want but the players aren't giving 100% effort.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose this game we can't lose again if we want to make the playoffs.

I'm now convinced that we have talent on defense but the scheme and coaching is holding us back. We have the players forthe 3-4 but I don't think we use them well enough

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D has been on the field all game...this entire game, probably from about the time the put in the game plan Monday is pathetic...these dudes all need to go away for about 2 days and not think about football...just go home and wallow in their patheticness...

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fumbled snap is such a fitting ending...if you can't even complete the most basic play in football...that's putting the football in play, the wtf can you do?

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the 49er game last year, I really thought that would be the final straw and that the organization would've made substantive changes in light of that humiliating debacle. Sadly, here we are again this year, seeing a very similar product on the field.

Today was yet another embarrassment - the type of game that most teams with annual playoff hopes just wouldn't stand for. Will today's pathetic performance finally be the catalyst for change that is needed, or will the administration come back with a bunch of excuses, and proclaim that they have the best coaches and personnel in the league?

I'm so disgusted right now. As a fan of this team for over 40 years, I have to say that it's been a long time since I felt this disgusted, sans last years 49ers game. I just don't think any substantive changes will come for this team as long as the same pathetic cast of characters are involved. This season is toast, and the future looks bleak unless the hammer finally falls and major changes are made for next season.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't even finish watching the game today...

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't even finish watching the game today...

I couldn't either. I was visiting the family and for the first time ever during Thanksgiving, I told my dad "let's go hunting, I can't watch this pathetic excuse of a football team." I think I said that right after the safety.

The Packers HAVE to fire Dom Capers. His schemes are completely ineffective and it seems like the personnel isn't buying into it as well. I thought that TD pass to Calvin Johnson summed it up perfectly. Half the defense was playing zone and half the D was playing man.

That was one of the worst all-around performances I've seen from the Packers. They were awful in all aspects of the game. When Tim Mastay would get my game ball, that's not a good thing...

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one of the worst all-around performances I've seen from the Packers. They were awful in all aspects of the game. When Tim Mastay would get my game ball, that's not a good thing...

MNF vs Ravens comes to mind... lost 48-3... however Packers had 5 turnovers in that game and offense was actually much better (yardage wise) than the offense vs Lions. I would consider loss to Lions more lopsided than Ravens loss despite score being closer because how inept Packers were on both sides of the ball. Other game I can recall (vaguely) is 61-7 loss to Bears...

This game vs Lions the Packers definitely got taken out to the wood shed and slapped around... heck, Lions even tried to show some humility by turning the ball over 4 times, but Packers just wanted to be slapped around some more.

This game could have easily been 50+ to 0.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason the game wasn't worse is because the lions are the lions. Thegame should have been much more lobsided.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EASILY the worst performance we've had in YEARS. That Ravens game was bad, but we were 4-12 that year...I'd like to think we've moved a number of steps ahead from Mike Sherman's swan song.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't either. I was visiting the family and for the first time ever during Thanksgiving, I told my dad "let's go hunting, I can't watch this pathetic excuse of a football team." I think I said that right after the safety.

The Packers HAVE to fire Dom Capers. His schemes are completely ineffective and it seems like the personnel isn't buying into it as well. I thought that TD pass to Calvin Johnson summed it up perfectly. Half the defense was playing zone and half the D was playing man.

I thought that myself. I always thought that the huge holes in coverage were caused by confusion more than anything. Maybe they just have reached the point where it's just snapped and guys are doing their own thing. If that's the case, it's really unfortunate that a professional football team has that issue.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason the game wasn't worse is because the lions are the lions. Thegame should have been much more lobsided.

Lions have not been a very good organization for a long time... they could be worse than the Packers that I grew up with in 1970/1980's.

Consider>
- Never won NFC North division crown
- Last divisional crown was 20 years ago in 1993
- Only 3 divisional crowns since 1967 (about 1 every 15 years on average)
- 1 playoff win since their last championship in 1957

Not a whole lot to get excited about as a fan.

I think they win NFC North this year.... if they do not, I cannot imagine what it would be like to be a Lions fan.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions have not been a very good organization for a long time... they could be worse than the Packers that I grew up with in 1970/1980's.

Consider>
- Never won NFC North division crown
- Last divisional crown was 20 years ago in 1993
- Only 3 divisional crowns since 1967 (about 1 every 15 years on average)
- 1 playoff win since their last championship in 1957

Not a whole lot to get excited about as a fan.

I think they win NFC North this year.... if they do not, I cannot imagine what it would be like to be a Lions fan.

They have talent all over the place...probably the most loaded team in the division overall. And they're relatively healthy. So it's not for lack of personnel if they don't make a run this year.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my Lord we may accidentally win one today

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still alive for the playoffs and it looks like Detroit and the Queens may help us out by losing today.