• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

These end arounds with Harvin

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are played out... Were trying that crap way to much... It's time to line up and let Harvin use his athletic ability down field... It's ok to attempt and end around on occasion but Dallas was absolutely waiting for it and it's not fooling people like it was... Defenses have adjusted and now we need to adjust... That's the NFL... And I'm not saying NEVER try it, but the tape is out now so we need to adjust accordingly... I"m tired of this dink and dunk offensive trick play BS...

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are played out... Were trying that crap way to much... It's time to line up and let Harvin use his athletic ability down field... It's ok to attempt and end around on occasion but Dallas was absolutely waiting for it and it's not fooling people like it was... Defenses have adjusted and now we need to adjust... That's the NFL... And I'm not saying NEVER try it, but the tape is out now so we need to adjust accordingly... I"m tired of this dink and dunk offensive trick play BS...

Welcome to what it was like being a Vikings fan with Harvin on the team and Bevel at OC a few years back (and later Musgrave for us). This is nothing new for Bevel.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to what it was like being a Vikings fan with Harvin on the team and Bevel at OC a few years back (and later Musgrave for us). This is nothing new for Bevel.

You want Bevell back? We'll trade him straight up for Ponder and promise to start Ponder if we ever play the Vikings.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want Bevell back? We'll trade him straight up for Ponder and promise to start Ponder if we ever play the Vikings.

Only if Bevell is demoted to selling beer in the stands at games. Hell, I wouldn't even trust the clown to manage that efficiently on a consistent basis.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if Bevell is demoted to selling beer in the stands at games. Hell, I wouldn't even trust the clown to manage that efficiently on a consistent basis.

Yeah he's not mr consistency... He has called good games, but he's also done things that have made me pull my hair out... Like 3 pass play's on 1st and goal when you have a running back that's probably the best in the league at short yardage... I don't mean to sound like a jerk either we won the Super Bowl with him as our OC, BUT we had a defense last year that kinda covered up mistakes so things didn't magnify ...

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not all on Bevell. I know he is an easy scape goat but the players have to execute. The first bubble screen is an easy touchdown if Kearse doesn't whiff on his block. There were two other times where Willson missed blocks as well. I don't like them as a featured part of the offense, I'd rather see them as a complimentary part. But the players get some blame to.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem will take care of itself if the Seahawks can make the S.B. this season. Some GM will be dumb enough to hire Bevel as a head coach. I pray for that day to happen.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the end around are getting old and used too much but the bigger question is why are they not using Percy more in games as a deep threat?. I read that he was only in 6 of the 17 final plays in the 2nd half, Walters is out there in Percy's spot in the 4th quarter. Is this because they want to try and keep him fresh or is Percy pulling himself out? His he just not a good deep ball catcher?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the end around are getting old and used too much but the bigger question is why are they not using Percy more in games as a deep threat?. I read that he was only in 6 of the 17 final plays in the 2nd half, Walters is out there in Percy's spot in the 4th quarter. Is this because they want to try and keep him fresh or is Percy pulling himself out? His he just not a good deep ball catcher?

That's exactly right.... Speed stretches the field so use it... Defenses will have to keep a safety over the top vs Percy on one side of the field... Percy opens up other opportunities just having him out there... But let's stretch the dam field sometimes and take our shots... If you go one on one with Percy with not help over the top you might as well chalk it up... NO db it's gonna keep up with him..

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly right.... Speed stretches the field so use it... Defenses will have to keep a safety over the top vs Percy on one side of the field... Percy opens up other opportunities just having him out there... But let's stretch the dam field sometimes and take our shots... If you go one on one with Percy with not help over the top you might as well chalk it up... NO db it's gonna keep up with him..

yep, maybe a wheel route or something. If Percy was out there on that 50 yarder to Kearse on Sunday that would've been 6

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly right!!! This is what I have been asking Bevell to do with Harvin. I don't understand how you have a weapon that can cause havoc down field and not use him. We all saw Harvin make that great play on the deep pass against the Skins yet Bevell doesn't go back to it. What film his he watching? Just frustrating.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The blocking on those outside plays has not been great either. That was a strength of Tates and they're missing that from Miller. Luckily, blocking is about effort and effort can be fixed with a little kick in the ass.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The blocking on those outside plays has not been great either. That was a strength of Tates and they're missing that from Miller. Luckily, blocking is about effort and effort can be fixed with a little kick in the ass.

Exactly right. Brock Huard went in depth on this yesterday too.

Those bubble screens and jet sweeps eliminate most of the field and rely on one or two guys to win one on one blocks. We're asking the likes of Luke Willson and Jermaine Kearse to win crucial one on ones, and they're not getting it done.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blocking may well be one of the reasons Harvin isn't on the field all the time as well. He's lacking in size to block, and doesn't always seem eager to try to block. He reminds me a little of DeSean Jackson when it comes to the blocking aspect of the game.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blocking may well be one of the reasons Harvin isn't on the field all the time as well. He's lacking in size to block, and doesn't always seem eager to try to block. He reminds me a little of DeSean Jackson when it comes to the blocking aspect of the game.

Interesting, I hadn't thought about that. It does make sense.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't seen enough to make that call. So far whenever he has been on the field for the Seahawks, he's played to balls to wall every snap. I dont see a problem with effort or caring, just execution. D-Jax is nowhere near as physical as Harvin.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Fuck... I guess I got my wish with no more end arounds with Harvin...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Fuck... I guess I got my wish with no more end arounds with Harvin...

See...carefull what you wish for. Just joking of course. I think the Seahawks will survive this and if at least one of the rookies steps up...could end up being a good thing.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See...carefull what you wish for. Just joking of course. I think the Seahawks will survive this and if at least one of the rookies steps up...could end up being a good thing.

I'm actually glad he is gone. Bevell tried so hard to get him going on this bullshit end arounds and trick plays he seemed to have forgotten the one man that REALLY makes the offense work and that is Lynch

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah man hopefully...Something was off though for sure... The guy wasn't making any play's down field and it was getting predictable... We just gotta trust in Pete...