• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: There's no place like home: Rangers host A's 7/25-7/27

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar will play anywhere if it's permanent IMO, he might like SS more but that's largely irrelevant, I also think too much has been made of his comment

As long as he is retained by the Rangers, Im sure he will play where he's penciled in to the line up. I doubt he is the type of kid to demand a trade to play SS somewhere else. He is a talented kid and needs to have a consistent position vs moving all over the field. I don't think his feelings are irrelevant and i don't think the media is making too much of it either, however.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • The Rangers are exploring many trade options and have been linked to multiple teams, though they don’t appear to have had any “substantive talks” with the Reds, Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News tweets. Texas has been linked to Jay Bruce, and the right fielder could be a fit with Shin-Soo Choo constantly battling injuries and Prince Fielder gone for the season, though Grant seems to imply that the Rangers’ interest in Bruce didn’t get too far. Anthony DeSclafani would certainly the attract the Rangers and other pitching-needy teams if Cincinnati made him available, though DeSclafani’s breakout year may have also made him into a building block for the rebuilding Reds.

This is the package I'm far and away hoping for, although I think it's a long shot at best. DeSclafani is an ideal trade target because he's young, under team control for multiple years, and just discovering how good he is. He's a legit #2 and would be a long-term rotation foundation piece. Plus Jay Bruce has legit power and slots in perfectly in place of Choo in RF. If Profar were in the package, that would leave us with a playoff roster of:

DH- Choo
CF- Desmond
LF- Mazara
3B- Beltre
RF- Bruce
2B- Odor
SS- Andrus
1B- Moreland/Rua
C- Chirinos/Wilson

Darvish, Hamels, DeSclafani, Lewis

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrived there yesterday. Surf is great on North Padre.

Spent time with family there on Malequite. Waves good enough to do body surfing one afternoon. Even little girl learned to "catch a wave" as she put it. Miss the beach

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Guzman hit his 15th HR and up his average to .299.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any deals involving young arms should be taboo, that's why we never develop our own, we trade them away before they become anything
The ironic thing about that is that a lot of fans have wanted to get rid of several of the young arms we have hung onto over the last few years. Guys like Feliz, Holland, Perez and Chi Chi have caught a lot of grief from Rangers fans over the past few seasons.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think moving Odor is fine, question being with EA and Juri both on the team do you automatically stick Pro at 2nd without Odor there or do you possibly stick EA at 2nd. That would be a ton of money playing 2nd base and Pro says he wants to play SS
I remember us being so hesitant to move Soriano because he said he didn't want to play anywhere but 2B. So we traded him and his new manager put him in the OF.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar will play anywhere if it's permanent IMO, he might like SS more but that's largely irrelevant, I also think too much has been made of his comment
I wonder if he would have even said anything if he was being played at 2B on a regular basis.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roogie is at 18 HR so far. Kid might hit 30.
12 homers in 63 games is very doable. His seem to come in bunches as well. Would you put money on Desmond or Roogie hitting 30 though?

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 homers in 63 games is very doable. His seem to come in bunches as well. Would you put money on Desmond or Roogie hitting 30 though?

Wouldn't say either is a sure thing. I just figured Roogie might one day reach 20-25, but 30 would be awesome.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't say either is a sure thing. I just figured Roogie might one day reach 20-25, but 30 would be awesome.
I always thought Odor would be at least a 20 HR hitter bases on what he did at MB which is a tough place to hit HRs where he was leading in the league in doubles when called up to Frisco and then his short time at Frisco.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cubs To Acquire Aroldis Chapman

By Steve Adams | July 25, 2016 at 11:03am CDT

After months of being linked to power left-handed arms for the bullpen, the Cubs have landed the hardest-throwing pitcher in the game, reportedly agreeing to acquire Aroldis Chapman from the Yankees in exchange for four players, according to Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports (via Twitter). Shortstop prospect Gleyber Torres will head to the Yankees as the centerpiece of the deal, and the Yankees will also be reunited with right-hander Adam Warren, who is being included as part of the return for Chapman as well. Additionally, the Yankees will land top outfield prospect and former first-round pick Billy McKinney.

It appears the Cubs are trying to get Chapman to agree to a 4 year 60 million dollar contract in order to complete the trade as well

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im pretty interested in vince velasquez

I have been thinking he would be a nice acquisition, but did you read or see anything on him being on the Rangers radar?