• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

There Will Be Problems

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This happens every year. The AH thing is extreme but it is still the loss of one guy. I'm beginning to think it is a good loss. The injuries, etc will happen. I would still rather be a fan of the Patriots who solve problems, move forward, and win games with what they have.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing Southie, at least with AH. I think Dobson and Bryce will really catch on and be difference makers on offense.

The resigning of A Talib and the addition of A Wilson will really shore up the back half of the defense.

The only big if is a double if...If Dennard is lost due to suspension, release, incarceration, I think Dowling can play starter, and may even be better...IF he can stay healthy.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be problems - that's an understatement. I can't remember an offseason like this in the Brady/Belichick era. I'm optimistic about Dowling too, but they need 3 CBs and I'm not confident about Arrington. And the offense... there's a bunch of potential there, but even if the new guys do catch on, it'll take time, and if they DON'T, they might have a mediocre offense absolutely, not just compared to what we're used to.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be problems - that's an understatement. I can't remember an offseason like this in the Brady/Belichick era. I'm optimistic about Dowling too, but they need 3 CBs and I'm not confident about Arrington. And the offense... there's a bunch of potential there, but even if the new guys do catch on, it'll take time, and if they DON'T, they might have a mediocre offense absolutely, not just compared to what we're used to.

To date we are currently one behind the arrests from last year.. the difference.. this time its in our own yard. Occasionally when you take shots with high risk there is fall out.. sometimes they work out great as in the past but people can only be reformed if they want to .. not even money will get stripes to change.. I still think the Pats have taken good shots.. A.H. aside.. they took a 7th round flyer on dennard because of his natural ability.. 7th round for a 2nd round talent.. i would take that every year more often then not it will work out.. we got a couple of knuckleheads.. we will move on and be fine..

this might be a down year.. we should still win the division.. we will still make some noise in the playoffs.. then next year be right back in the drivers seat.. a mediocre season for the Pats is still better then most of the league..

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problems are bigger then just losing AH and on a temp basis Gronk. We all have to remember the only returning WR is a converted QB Edeleman, whom frankly I have never been enamored with. In essence we have an entire new receiving corps. This raised the question how do we over come this? Well here is my two cents;

1. Amendola while new to the team is a more then capable replacement for Wes.

2. Run early, not in the game in the season, give the new corp group time time to meld and work together at game speed. This team can run the ball now and run well. Use Vereen a lot more he has the best hands of all the RBs.

3. Trust in Ballard he is actually a good TE he is not as mobile or agile as AH but he is capable.

4. Test Dobsons skills early find out how he reacts at game speed. It will require a few risky plays but Tom knows how to place the ball where only Dobson can get it.

5. D should be improved this means more time on the field for the offense, again to reiterate run, run run we have four pretty damn good back use the whole stable. This keeps the d fresh, brings the safeties in. rests and aging arm, and eats up the clock

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problems are bigger then just losing AH and on a temp basis Gronk. We all have to remember the only returning WR is a converted QB Edeleman, whom frankly I have never been enamored with. In essence we have an entire new receiving corps. This raised the question how do we over come this? Well here is my two cents;

1. Amendola while new to the team is a more then capable replacement for Wes.

2. Run early, not in the game in the season, give the new corp group time time to meld and work together at game speed. This team can run the ball now and run well. Use Vereen a lot more he has the best hands of all the RBs.

3. Trust in Ballard he is actually a good TE he is not as mobile or agile as AH but he is capable.

4. Test Dobsons skills early find out how he reacts at game speed. It will require a few risky plays but Tom knows how to place the ball where only Dobson can get it.

5. D should be improved this means more time on the field for the offense, again to reiterate run, run run we have four pretty damn good back use the whole stable. This keeps the d fresh, brings the safeties in. rests and aging arm, and eats up the clock

Agree with everything there, may I also add the undrafted rookie TE out of Clemson, Brandon (?) Ford. A converted WR 6'4, 245. While lacking in hulking size for a TE and top end speedfor a WR, he has good agiity, vertical and hands and is very versitile. He can play H back, either running or catching out of the backfeild.

He also made academic honor roll every year at Clemson, which speaks to his smarts, his work ethic, and character.

rehone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankee

I liked that kid coming into the draft for late pick or UFA. I did not realize Pats signed him. That gives us two TEs I like that were not drafted in Sudfeld and him.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankee

I liked that kid coming into the draft for late pick or UFA. I did not realize Pats signed him. That gives us two TEs I like that were not drafted in Sudfeld and him.

And the deal is you get these guys for next to nothing, they come in with a chip on their shoulder knowing they have to prove themself and they have a legend at QB to guide them. Brady has always made pass catchers better. I know it sucks that Gronk is hurt and AH is getting his fudge packed, but I really feel okay at TE. WRs worry me more.

Paul Fizzle

The Godfather of Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah ... losing 5 starting recievers will trigger "Panic Mode" in any fanbase ... and understandably so.

I've seen the Pats in similar circumstances before, but they seem to always find a way to tread water.

I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet.

The Steelers are another team who's had a knack for replacing players with little setback.
I can' tell you how many times I said going into a season, the Black & Gold are gonna blow .... then they pump out 12+ wins.

If the Pats are still strong up front, and their line is cohesive .... they will be fine.
If you have the hogs ... you will win games.

The skilled positions are a dime a dozen.
If you give a pro QB 7 seconds to find a wideout .... he will

If you give a pro RB a huge hole to run threw.... he'll pick up 5 yards.

The game is won in the trenches.

With that being said .... does their O-line appear to be funtionable?

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah ... losing 5 starting recievers will trigger "Panic Mode" in any fanbase ... and understandably so.

I've seen the Pats in similar circumstances before, but they seem to always find a way to tread water.

I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet.

The Steelers are another team who's had a knack for replacing players with little setback.
I can' tell you how many times I said going into a season, the Black & Gold are gonna blow .... then they pump out 12+ wins.

If the Pats are still strong up front, and their line is cohesive .... they will be fine.
If you have the hogs ... you will win games.

The skilled positions are a dime a dozen.
If you give a pro QB 7 seconds to find a wideout .... he will

If you give a pro RB a huge hole to run threw.... he'll pick up 5 yards.

The game is won in the trenches.

With that being said .... does their O-line appear to be funtionable?

As long as Donte' Scenecci (SP?) has a heart beat the line will okay. In a nutshell I think the O Line will be very good.

Paul Fizzle

The Godfather of Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Donte' Scenecci (SP?) has a heart beat the line will okay. In a nutshell I think the O Line will be very good.

Then their offense will still pump out 30+ points a game ...... and in their division, scoring that many points a game will almost a garauntee you a playoff birth.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then their offense will still pump out 30+ points a game ...... and in their division, scoring that many points a game will almost a garauntee you a playoff birth.

Agreed and equally important by playoff time the WRs and Mr. Brady will have had a whole season of games and practices the melding should have at least been taking place.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am confident the Patriots will score 30+ points a game in the regular season then sputter in the post season.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait...What?

Lol!

A.H. aside.. they took a 7th round flyer on dennard because of his natural ability.. 7th round for a 2nd round talent.. i would take that every year more often then not it will work out.. we got a couple of knuckleheads.

Exactly. I heard the NFL Network guys ripping the Pats for going down in draft rounds to get better talent for the money based upon character problems. Sounds more like a strategy to stay pretty much on top year after year than something to knock. Look, the AH thing has me feeling NO remorse for the guy and sure, there has to be a certain level of conduct but I don't expect my NFL coach to be willing to lose games to gain merit awards for individual players. This Dennard thing is looking like a joke.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am confident the Patriots will...

I'm confident of nothing! If we do have another fine season, BB will indeed be the greatest coach of this modern era.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats' up everyone

I will be here as long as Tim Tebow is NOT a topic of discussion.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7HqOPn3wfw]God Fails to answer Tim Tebow during Patriots Broncos playoff Game - YouTube[/ame]

:laugh3:

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am confident the Patriots will...

I'm confident of nothing! If we do have another fine season, BB will indeed be the greatest coach of this modern era.

That is a complete crock of shit.

He still has his online in tact, best run game/squad since he has been in NE/ improved defense and arguably the best QB to ever play the game. It's really not like he is pulling rabbits out of his hat here. Ballard is an expierence NFL TE, and Hoomanaui played well last year. Amendola is an experienced slot receiver and this aint the first time Brady has worked with no name receivers. I think you are making a bigger deal of this then it is or buying into the media hype