• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

There IS a problem.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And saying he is in the discussion is just opinion as well -- one that I don't think a whole lot of people would share with you.

I guess. But that opinion is reflected statistically, both in standard stats and advanced metrics. I'm not sure what measures you could use to grade a player that doesn't have Lawrence among the elites.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess. But that opinion is reflected statistically, both in standard stats and advanced metrics. I'm not sure what measures you could use to grade a player that doesn't have Lawrence among the elites.
It's a measure of common sense. Lawrence is pretty much a 1 year wonder right now in terms of his body of work. He's had 1 season with big sack numbers. Von Miller's only season so far in his 7 year career w/o double digit sacks was when he was injured in 2013. Mack has done it each year except for as a rookie. Lawrence needs to prove it beyond 1 really good season before he is on par with what those guys are. So far in 2018, he's a half sack behind Frank Clark.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a measure of common sense. Lawrence is pretty much a 1 year wonder right now in terms of his body of work. He's had 1 season with big sack numbers. Von Miller's only season so far in his 7 year career w/o double digit sacks was when he was injured in 2013. Mack has done it each year except for as a rookie. Lawrence needs to prove it beyond 1 really good season before he is on par with what those guys are. So far in 2018, he's a half sack behind Frank Clark.

Well, he's only been a starter for 3 seasons and one of them was wiped out by injury. In the 2 seasons he played the majority of the games he had 8 and 14.5 sacks. So sure, he's young, but his NFL production has been elite when he's had the opportunity.

He's got 2.5 sacks through 3 games this year, which pans out to a similar pace as last year. At this point we're arguing semantics, but I just don't see how you can leave him out of the discussion when his production suggests he's right there. Also, saying he's a half sack behind Clark doesn't exactly take away from anything he's doing. Frank Clark is right up there as well among pass rushers in the NFL.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a dominant performance in Detroit, Lawrence now has the NFL lead in sacks with 5.5.

Throw in some pretty good D-lineman in Arizona and that's as tough of a first 4 games from a protection standpoint as you can draw up.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow you're still beating this horse?