• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is, this is exactly right as an example.

Gimple is a fucking asshole.

He is annoying af, but I honestly wish they'd let him write a little for FTWD, cuz that shit is treading water, pun intended.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but by now, most everybody has already heard about the comics and the "surprise" factor is somewhat extinguished already. Everybody knows it's GOING to happen....it's just a matter of to whom.
When I go on a date with my gf, I have a pretty good idea what is going to happen. That does not mean I appreciate it if she leaves me with blue-balls.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it's Glenn. He was probably one of my favorite characters during the first couple of seasons but at some point in season 3 I stopped caring about him all that much. I liked him better when he was an pizza delivery guy and video game geek. I understand they had to evolve his character to make it somewhat realistic that he could survive this long, but I find he's become pretty stale and uninteresting now.

On the flip side of that, I really hope it's not Aaron. He's a likeable, newer character who doesn't have the same surly attitude as all the alpha-male types on the show. If it's not him (I'd be very surprised if it was), I wonder if his inclusion in this scene is a way of elevating him from recurring character to part of the main cast.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is Abe. All his talk of living a good life with Sasha doomed him. All the pretend killing of Glenn. It would be retarded to kill him now as the surprise. However I wouldn't mind it being Glenn, but it is Abe. With a very very small chance it is Eugene on the off chance they try & throw a twist.

Abe is already supposed to be dead, but they didn't like how he was killed. So they simply gave him a better Death.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is Abe. All his talk of living a good life with Sasha doomed him. All the pretend killing of Glenn. It would be retarded to kill him now as the surprise. However I wouldn't mind it being Glenn, but it is Abe. With a very very small chance it is Eugene on the off chance they try & throw a twist.

Abe is already supposed to be dead, but they didn't like how he was killed. So they simply gave him a better Death.

I think that is the chicken-shit way out, and very likely the way them fruits at AMC play it. I want to go on record as saying that is the gheyest thing since ghey came to ghey town.

@calsnowskier is mad about the cliffhanger.

I will be mad, if it's anyone but Glenn.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things I keep hearing. They didn't want to take away from Negan being introduced, so that is why they didn't kill anyone. I guess that makes sense, I mean it was a pretty intense scene, and everyone was waiting for Negan to show up. It's all we heard about. So if they did kill someone, then everyone would really not be talking about Negan.

I agree with others that I really don't care who they kill now, but maybe that is what they want. Killing Glenn would not be a shock to those, so why end a season on it?? IDK.

I think killing Daryl is a huge cop out and puss move. Killing Glenn has more affect on this group than an Abe or Daryl. Get to see how Maggie reacts, does the baby survive....They never got into the Abe/Sasha romance to actually make the audience care that the relationship is over.

At least we have till October to talk about it!!!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things I keep hearing. They didn't want to take away from Negan being introduced, so that is why they didn't kill anyone. I guess that makes sense, I mean it was a pretty intense scene, and everyone was waiting for Negan to show up. It's all we heard about. So if they did kill someone, then everyone would really not be talking about Negan.

I agree with others that I really don't care who they kill now, but maybe that is what they want. Killing Glenn would not be a shock to those, so why end a season on it?? IDK.

I think killing Daryl is a huge cop out and puss move. Killing Glenn has more affect on this group than an Abe or Daryl. Get to see how Maggie reacts, does the baby survive....They never got into the Abe/Sasha romance to actually make the audience care that the relationship is over.

winner

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not sure it is possible for me to disagree more with this statement. Negan killing a major character in his introduction scene establishes him as a bad ass who knows how to make a first impression. Having that character die at that moment adds to the intensity and links the event to Negan. The two events should NOT be separated.

As it is, the intensity of the scene is incomplete. Instead of the viewer walking away say "Holy shit. Negan is one bad assed mother fucker. I can't believe he did that to [dead character]." Instead, the viewer walks away saying "Well, that was a big let down."

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the most hardcore viewer, I came late and binged watched to catch up. I do like the show but don't know anything about the comics other than they've diverged from the way it plays out, which makes sense to me, otherwise anyone who has would know exactly how things are going to go.

I voted Glenn, for no particular reason other than I guess his role has taken a back seat more and more within the group.

Realistically though, if Neegan was as ruthless as he's made out to be, you kill Rick, he's the leader, you take out the most serious threat to dissuade the others even more. But without Rick, the show loses a major presence.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure it is possible for me to disagree more with this statement. Negan killing a major character in his introduction scene establishes him as a bad ass who knows how to make a first impression. Having that character die at that moment adds to the intensity and links the event to Negan. The two events should NOT be separated.

As it is, the intensity of the scene is incomplete. Instead of the viewer walking away say "Holy shit. Negan is one bad assed mother fucker. I can't believe he did that to [dead character]." Instead, the viewer walks away saying "Well, that was a big let down."

I am just going by what I read, it's not my opinion. I actually agree with you.....lol. I can see it making sense from the producers stand point (or understand where they are coming from), but not as a fan of the show. They had a chance to leave us blow away.....they didn't.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw it, I think they should bring back the Hispanic guy and his wife that left the group in season one and kill them.

That'll totally confuse and piss everyone off! :pound:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw it, I think they should bring back the Hispanic guy and his wife that left the group in season one and kill them.

Not sure if they had other plans for that family or not but I was always expecting them to pop again at some point. It just seemed so anti-climactic the way they left the show. I think they were heading west somewhere from the Atlanta region so at this point they might be more likely to resurface on Fear The Walking Dead.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure if they had other plans for that family or not but I was always expecting them to pop again at some point. It just seemed so anti-climactic the way they left the show. I think they were heading west somewhere from the Atlanta region so at this point they might be more likely to resurface on Fear The Walking Dead.

They're too busy... they left the group and went into business by creating their own taco stand.

635810527256181600-571644058_zombie_taco_by_sccskwerl.jpg

o.jpg

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's down to 3 people for me.

Eugene: The obvious choice. He handed over the bullet plans to Rick. Abraham knows where to make them. He got to say his goodbyes.

Aaron: The cop out. All these characters are known and mostly liked, but Aaron doesn't really offer anything additional to the story right now, and fans wouldn't be up in arms like a Daryl.

Glenn: The right choice. Killing Glenn delivers one of the biggest blows, but his death progresses the story best out of any other character.

My choice would be Glenn, but I still haven't decided where the show will go.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I just noticed they have Ninja Nachos on the side...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Believe it or not, due to a pending lawsuit by Frank Darabont there will be no characters from (or even references to) TWD on the Fear show. It is officially NOT a 'spinoff'...it is officially a 'companion show'.

I'd recap the lawsuit, but y'know, it's just the usual blah blah blah.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted Eugene, but the logical and correct choice would be Rick.