• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are all valid complaints, and they all can be pretty much explained by 5 words...

It is a zombie show.

This is a show about walking corpses. Movement requires energy. Muscles moving requires flowing blood. The show is impossible on so many levels you simply have suspend so much disbelief that you simply can't look at it too closely.

Given that, it is an absolutely wonderfully made show, and likely the best entrent into the genre ever. GREAT comparison to BSG, btw. I had never thought if that, but it fits very well.

That's probably the best explanation for most of this stuff I'm bitching about. And really that's fine with me. A lot of this shit wouldn't be as entertaining if they explained everything in deep detail.

Still a really good show like I said, but when I watch stuff like this I always catch myself criticizing little things that don't add up. Honestly the story is good enough that even when a zombie comes out of nowhere and somehow bites 3/4 of the way through someone's neck it's more humorous than anything.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refresh my memory....when did that happen?

My understanding is that everyone is infected, if ya die, ya turn. If yer bitten, apparently it'll spread and eventually kill ya, but you can negate that by lopping the shit off, assuming it's somewhere capable of that. I don't recall, scratches affecting em'?

The last time I remember it coming up is when Shane and Rick are dropping the one kid off by the school buses and they notice that two of the cops zombies don't have bites. They assume they just got scratched.

Also thanks for the info. I don't mind spoilers that add more to the understanding of the show.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mystraight
1.Ever watched a horror movie?
2.Google zombie. It is just the way they are in the media.
3.True on this point. It has been expained away as due how long the walker has been dead.
4.Another good point. In season 1 they took great precautions to make Glenn and Rick cover as zombies to walk out with them. Later in the show they seem to just bathe in the blood and guts.
5. Wait for a bit. You haven't seen the worse of that punk yet.
6. They are called magazines, not clips. No good having ammo if you can't shoot straight.
7. Word is Otis sent the little shit into the barn. Several zombies is just a guess about what happened just like everything you posted. She got bit and ran would be my guess as to why she didn't get eaten.
8.Ask Bob Saget
9.Ever been to a farm and smell that shit smell? Ask the farmer if he smells it. They become desensitized to the smell.
10. This becomes more of a factor later on.
This is my take and I'm sticking to it! :heh:

Fair enough and I'll get on 8 as soon as I can.

I thought that explanation for 3 was the case initially but then there's the zombies like the one that killed Dale. That guy was the one I mentioned that couldn't get out of wet mud but killed a cow in a 1 on 1 fight with its bare hands.

I can live with that though, I'm more or less just trolling with all these questions.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, technically, Dale died by a bullet to the head...

He was spared an extra minute of extreme agony with the bullet to the head.

He was dead the moment that flesh go ripped open.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
,I always wondered why they don't use the zombie guts trick more often when they have an important mission that will take them through a bunch of zombies. I believe it was used twice after the 2nd episode, once by mistake, and another character does it intentionally to camouflage herself from both the zombies and a clan of unfriendly humans. There have been countless cases where they could have done it so easily and it really would have helped. I mean I get that it wouldn't be much of a show if they just kept doing that every week but that always sort of bugged me. I guess as someone already said, sometimes you just need to not dwell on those kinds of things and just enjoy the show.

Oh and yeah, Otis was supposedly the one who put her in the barn. I'm not sure it was ever communicated to him that they were looking for a girl because when they met him he had just shot Carl so that's where his focus was until he died.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
,I always wondered why they don't use the zombie guts trick more often when they have an important mission that will take them through a bunch of zombies. I believe it was used twice after the 2nd episode, once by mistake, and another character does it intentionally to camouflage herself from both the zombies and a clan of unfriendly humans. There have been countless cases where they could have done it so easily and it really would have helped. I mean I get that it wouldn't be much of a show if they just kept doing that every week but that always sort of bugged me. I guess as someone already said, sometimes you just need to not dwell on those kinds of things and just enjoy the show.

Oh and yeah, Otis was supposedly the one who put her in the barn. I'm not sure it was ever communicated to him that they were looking for a girl because when they met him he had just shot Carl so that's where his focus was until he died.

comics vvv
Like the Whisperers....it wouldn't be very pleasing, but definitely effective. Unless it rains.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize that Dr. Dre from Straight outta Compton was the new comer that was cast months back.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol Dr Dre isn't that great of an actor. Will have to see how that plays out.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol Dr Dre isn't that great of an actor. Will have to see how that plays out.

Hahahaha I mean it's the guy who just played Dre in the straight outta Compton movie not actually Dre himself.

TWD appears to have got him at a good time as his popularity is up.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha I mean it's the guy who just played Dre in the straight outta Compton movie not actually Dre himself.

TWD appears to have got him at a good time as his popularity is up.

That makes more sense lol, I don't usually pay attention to movies about rappers because they are always dramatized for the big screen. I had actually forgotten that movie even exists.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just binged watched the rest to get caught up. Still good.

A couple of thoughts:

1) The Wolves trap that got Daryl and Gay Scout guy was awful. All you have to do is outrun the zombies as they come out the crates. Super easy.

2) They played the best 'I hate my parents' nine inch nails song for no reason. The dubstep track worked, though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI...

For all you Beth fans, Emily Kinney was on Masters of Sex last night and had some racy scenes. Stills and GIFs are all over the inner-webs today...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI...

For all you Beth fans, Emily Kinney was on Masters of Sex last night and had some racy scenes. Stills and GIFs are all over the inner-webs today...

Racy or nude?!?!?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, she's less than an A cup.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes. That girl needs some implants. I'm not a big implant guy, but when a chic is that hopelessly flat, she really might as well get an upgrade.