• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the group fight for somebody now since they never really fought for anybody before?
???

Huh? They fought for Glen when he was taken by the Vatos. They fought for Daryl when he was taken by the Gov. They fought for Beth when she was taken by the Hospital group.

Who are they supposed to fight for now? No one is missing. Do you mean Alexandria? They would just defend themselves if something were to happen. "Themselves" may become Alexandria...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the group fight for somebody now since they never really fought for anybody before?
Now that the wolves know about this place I'm sure we are going to find out fairly quickly next season.

I can see Carol giving basic fighting lessons to the locals as she did before the kids.

If the wolves unleash (literally) their undead army on the camp and attack one of their walls so they get in that city becomes a death trap if they don't hold those walls.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

Huh? They fought for Glen when he was taken by the Vatos. They fought for Daryl when he was taken by the Gov. They fought for Beth when she was taken by the Hospital group.

Who are they supposed to fight for now? No one is missing. Do you mean Alexandria? They would just defend themselves if something were to happen. "Themselves" may become Alexandria...
I mean other than their own?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean other than their own?
Daryl and Merle saved those guys on the bridge. Rick allowed the Hospital group to live after whats-her-name (sorry, brain fart on her name) was killed, essentially saving them from her. The group has taken in lots of groups in the past (Greene family, Woodbury, Gabriel, Noah).

Sorry, i dont buy your premise...

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daryl and Merle saved those guys on the bridge. Rick allowed the Hospital group to live after whats-her-name (sorry, brain fart on her name) was killed, essentially saving them from her. The group has taken in lots of groups in the past (Greene family, Woodbury, Gabriel, Noah).

Sorry, i dont buy your premise...
Yeah your right

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calsnowskier should get a kick outta this. Saw a few TWD fans at work today that I hadn't seen since last week.

I kid you not, all three of them said to me a variation of this: "How about when Rick squeezed the zombie's neck so hard it's head exploded?". I patiently explained to each of them about the gun-in-mouth deal. By the third time, I was getting a little exasperated.

You better be right! :pound:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calsnowskier should get a kick outta this. Saw a few TWD fans at work today that I hadn't seen since last week.

I kid you not, all three of them said to me a variation of this: "How about when Rick squeezed the zombie's neck so hard it's head exploded?". I patiently explained to each of them about the gun-in-mouth deal. By the third time, I was getting a little exasperated.

You better be right! :pound:
LOL

There was fire coming out of its mouth and eyes. If that wasn't the case, Kirkman's got some 'splainin' to do...

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just started watching this series and have one question to ask?

Do the characters get smarter and learn to become less emotionally attached to everything?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do the characters get smarter and learn to become less emotionally attached to everything?

It's about as far away from episodic as you can get, so yes. It wouldn't be any good if they didn't.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, since humans are emotionally based creatures (when faced with decisions using logic vs emotion... emotion will win almost every time), probably not.

Also... our emotional responses/reactions tend to increase when under stressful situations, and I am not going out on a limb by saying that a zombie apocalypse is a pretty stressful situation!

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would suggest (if you haven't already) to start watching from the first episode. I think that some characters get smarter ,some less emotional and visa-versa. Some just go bonkers. Hard to peg any into a group of one category.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would suggest (if you haven't already) to start watching from the first episode. I think that some characters get smarter ,some less emotional and visa-versa. Some just go bonkers. Hard to peg any into a group of one category.
I started from the first episode. I am 4 episodes into the 2nd season now and will continue to watch just to see how the characters/story develop. The whole time I'm watching I keep wanting to take part in the action and do my own thing, such as gathering supplies and finding a shelter. I sure as shit wouldn't be holding on to that POS camper that they have. Why didn't they go to a nearby dealership and take one of the new RV's? I also notice that there is a lot of lack of communication. As someone mentioned earlier, maybe they're under a lot of stress and cannot think clearly.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It starts off several months after the apocalypse already starts though, with Rick just barely coming out of his coma. I would think all the dealerships would be pretty picked cleaned by then.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Shane just shot the farm boy to leave as bait while he escaped. If I was farm boy with one shot left in my gun, that SOB would have been eating lead.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished season 3.

The show has gotten a lot better. Hopefully that trend continues.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local station has TWD reruns on Wednesday nights. I happened to catch the Vatos episode, still my favorite of the series. It'd be interesting to see what happened to those guys.

It also reminded me of Morales and his family, who split off from the group at the end of that arc. Be kinda cool to see them as well.