• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the show exists in a universe where zombies are actually a thing, but that said…

how in the world could a feral family possibly exist for 8 years in a zombie apocalypse? i know they found bones in the basement, so we are supposed to assume they are eating animals and/or people. So for 8 years, they never had one of their human prey turn and take them out? They never ate tainted zombie humans? They have been able to venture out and hunt game at frequent enough clip to keep all of them fed? Without getting hunted themselves by humans or zombies?

Nitpicky, I admit. But it just makes no sense to me. Even in a universe where zombies exist.
Did you watch Angela's Kang's interview after the episode?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch Angela's Kang's interview after the episode?
You mean talking dead?

I only sometimes watch that show. But my general opinion is that if you need the writer to fill in the holes in an interview afterwards, it is HORRIBLE WRITING.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean talking dead?

I only sometimes watch that show. But my general opinion is that if you need the writer to fill in the holes in an interview afterwards, it is HORRIBLE WRITING.
No I don't think it was talking dead but I know I saw it right after the episode ended.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the timelines of the 3 shows currently? I believe the TWD time jump took place AFTER Dwight and Morgan left, so conceivably, the main show is 6 years ahead of Fear and New World (I think). But I think both those shows are on the same timeline.

So how will New World deal with a huge nuclear explosion in East Texas (or wherever they are in Fear right now)? You have to assume that the big group in New World is truly a force, since it has been constantly referenced in all 3 shows. And what is their relationship to the CW? The CW is obviously a developing nation state, so they definitely would have crossed paths with them at some point, even if there is a 6-year gap between the shows.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 8 was pretty much pointless kill Pope and never explain why Pope marked Maggie in the first place.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is horrible. Negan working hand in hand with Maggie and after a "training session" metaphorically pats her on the head and says "you did good, Maggie".

Y'all are buying into this?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 8 was pretty much pointless kill Pope and never explain why Pope marked Maggie in the first place.
Create a mystery…

create numerous episodal cliff hangers based on said mystery until the audience grows tired of the mystery and forgets it even exists.

rinse.

repeat.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is horrible. Negan working hand in hand with Maggie and after a "training session" metaphorically pats her on the head and says "you did good, Maggie".

Y'all are buying into this?
A loved one is not enjoyable on their death bed. TWD is on its death bed.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really do go out of their way to do absolutely stupid things on this show. I am convinced of this now.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really do go out of their way to do absolutely stupid things on this show. I am convinced of this now.

I don't think it was necessarily an amazingly well written show to begin with but the actors were strong enough to carry the material they were given and the entire end of world zombie main plot was unique enough for TV in a show format when it started. I enjoyed TWD was for what it was until Kirkman said he didn't know how long the show was going to be, yet he allegedly had an ending. He then also said finding the cure wasn't the point. Which blew my mind considering that was the entire point of the first few seasons.

I think he is what he is...a comic book writer given the keys to a TV show that requires a lot more work to maintain an audience. He should've taken a back seat once the show grew larger.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was necessarily an amazingly well written show to begin with but the actors were strong enough to carry the material they were given and the entire end of world zombie main plot was unique enough for TV in a show format when it started. I enjoyed TWD was for what it was until Kirkman said he didn't know how long the show was going to be, yet he allegedly had an ending. He then also said finding the cure wasn't the point. Which blew my mind considering that was the entire point of the first few seasons.

I think he is what he is...a comic book writer given the keys to a TV show that requires a lot more work to maintain an audience. He should've taken a back seat once the show grew larger.
The ”finding the cure“ plot was the main reason Darabont left the show. Kirkman had ZERO interest in going down that path while Darabont thought that should be the main focus.

As for knowing how to end it, I call BS on Kirkman for that. The way the books ended screamed of “I am bored with this now so I will just publish my canned “last issue” now and say this was how it was supposed to end all along.”

But the show now (and especially next weeks episode which can be seen now on amc+) has particular scenes that feel like the production is trying to see how utterly ridiculous they can be and still have some kind of viewership (like Glenn hiding UNDER the dumpster, or the groups constantly jumping into the middle of a herd instead of taking advantage of the CLEAR funnel point JUST OVER THERE to thin the herd safely).

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ”finding the cure“ plot was the main reason Darabont left the show. Kirkman had ZERO interest in going down that path while Darabont thought that should be the main focus.

As for knowing how to end it, I call BS on Kirkman for that. The way the books ended screamed of “I am bored with this now so I will just publish my canned “last issue” now and say this was how it was supposed to end all along.”

But the show now (and especially next weeks episode which can be seen now on amc+) has particular scenes that feel like the production is trying to see how utterly ridiculous they can be and still have some kind of viewership (like Glenn hiding UNDER the dumpster, or the groups constantly jumping into the middle of a herd instead of taking advantage of the CLEAR funnel point JUST OVER THERE to thin the herd safely).

Should have stuck with finding the cure. Instead the show became

Go to new area that is functioning relatively well

Insert selves into area politics

Conflict ensues

They leave area in way worse shape than they found it.

Aside from Terminus one could argue they were the villains of the show.

But like I said once I heard Kirkman had no real idea of how he was developing his story arc I bailed. Looks like it was a good decision.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting

So why did they go to the east coast?
??

The show started in Atlanta. The CDC is in Atlanta. They didn’t need to go anywhere.

If you are asking why they went to DC, that was Eugene lying about being a government scientist who needed to get to Washington. That was just a ruse.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??

The show started in Atlanta. The CDC is in Atlanta. They didn’t need to go anywhere.

If you are asking why they went to DC, that was Eugene lying about being a government scientist who needed to get to Washington. That was just a ruse.

The CDC blew up did it not? They went to the CDC for that reason....the cure

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CDC blew up did it not? They went to the CDC for that reason....the cure
Yup.

But none of that was in the books. And Kirkman didn’t like that arc. It was ultimately what caused the rift between Kirkman and Darabont.