• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the entire Rick/Dwight storyline will be told in Fear instead of TWD…

Strand is the TV version of Sherri, taking over the Fear-version of the Saviors (Rangers). He is beginning to challenge Morgan (Fear-version of Rick) which will lead to Morgan killing Strand by accident during a private altercation.

This could lead to a vaccuum in the Rangers, forcing Dwight to step in as the new leader. He doesn’t want to lead, so Sherri essentially usurps his leadership, merging her group with the Rangers (probs with this part of the theory, granted).

Dwight moves to Morgan’s settlement.

Problems arise between the Rangers and Morgan’s group. During a “peace summit”, tempers rise and Dwight confronts Sherri in front of everyone, almost causing a riot to start up.

Bam.

Morgan not only “takes care” of his best friend, he also goes against his personal code. This is a true sacrifice.

Though I also really like the Jerry-takes-out-Zeke theory as well. Zeke is being established as someone who will bow-up against authority in the CW, so I can see him getting in the face of the CW leader and Jerry, out of his love for peace and desire to get along, will ”do what must be done”.

Last edited:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I remember sticking with shows I've loved but have faded in the end, but this is it.

I'm done.

Maggie's lips look great, though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t watched this weeks ep yet, but so far, the first 2 eps have been decent. I am just glad they have essentially FINALLY abandoned the concept of the bottle episode.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I'm only half interested in the plot line of Neegan and Maggie although I would like to see how they work it out without killing one another. I don't trust Neegan 100% either. It does seem he is just biding his time but who knows. But otherwise meh.

Having the Reavers as now the new unstoppable threat is a little boring. Sure some people will die but all of them? Not gonna happen

The more interesting thread for me is what happens in the Commonwealth.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust Negan. I always thought his intentions were good, he just chose a rather brutal way of getting to his end.

To be fair, though, I think this was portrayed better in the books than on the show. In the books, the final battle between him and Rick really emphasized that Rick really won Negan over. Negan fully bought in to Rick‘s ideals and leadership. I always thought that Ricks speech to Negan before the final one-on-one between them could / should have been the end of it. Rick already won with that. Rick turned into the heel after the speech, though, by attacking Negan during that convo. I was disappointed the show didn’t go that route. It really showed, imho, that good/bad in the apocalypse was just a construct of perspective.

I never really got that Negan fully bought in on the show because of Rick. On the show, he just bought in because that was what the script said to do.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw the 4th episode already and all I can say is Pope is a religious nut case

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust Negan. I always thought his intentions were good, he just chose a rather brutal way of getting to his end.

It seems to be the easier way. The more "democratic" settlements don't seem to last as long.

To be fair, though, I think this was portrayed better in the books than on the show. In the books, the final battle between him and Rick really emphasized that Rick really won Negan over. Negan fully bought in to Rick‘s ideals and leadership. I always thought that Ricks speech to Negan before the final one-on-one between them could / should have been the end of it. Rick already won with that. Rick turned into the heel after the speech, though, by attacking Negan during that convo. I was disappointed the show didn’t go that route. It really showed, imho, that good/bad in the apocalypse was just a construct of perspective.

I never really got that Negan fully bought in on the show because of Rick. On the show, he just bought in because that was what the script said to do.
I think he sees the value of Rick's route though the people who live there.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am stunned that people actually support Negan after what he did to Glenn and Abe.

There's no way to justify or rationalize it.

FrankIdealisticKoalabear-max-1mb.gif

walking-dead-gif-2.gif

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am stunned that people actually support Negan after what he did to Glenn and Abe.

There's no way to justify or rationalize it.

View attachment 279742

View attachment 279743
I did the count at one time…

”our guys” ended up killing something like 50 Saviors in response to the Saviors killing 2 of “ours”.

Which group is brutal?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did the count at one time…

”our guys” ended up killing something like 50 Saviors in response to the Saviors killing 2 of “ours”.

Which group is brutal?
What Negan did was ritualized death by torture with intent to personalize it. He laughed and made jokes as he bashed their brains in while making sure everyone watched and suffered. Not only brutal, flat out plain evil.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Negan did was ritualized death by torture with intent to personalize it. He laughed and made jokes as he bashed their brains in while making sure everyone watched and suffered. Not only brutal, flat out plain evil.
Establishing alpha in a post apocalyptic world with no societal norms anymore is not necessarily a bad idea. Scare the shit out of your foes so they won’t take you out. Peace through strength.

Negan saw that Rick was able to establish a new society in the hell that was the world now. Once he saw that Rick was strong enough to keep it, and that he had a good plan, he was all-in.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Establishing alpha in a post apocalyptic world with no societal norms anymore is not necessarily a bad idea. Scare the shit out of your foes so they won’t take you out. Peace through strength.

Negan saw that Rick was able to establish a new society in the hell that was the world now. Once he saw that Rick was strong enough to keep it, and that he had a good plan, he was all-in.

Yes,. I think he saw what Rick's plan did for people and he wanted to be a part of it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephanie is Gov. Milton. Not the way it is in the books, but the race change for Stephanie was odd to start with, and after this episode, I think it is clear.

in fact, I don’t think the Stephanie we have met is the “real” Stephanie. A different (black) actress did her voice last season, and I suspect she will be introduced later.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked this episode
I am not a fan of the horror genre as a general rule. And seeing as this episode essentially introduced something completely different into the show (it wasn’t a zombie episode, but a feral family thing instead), I classify it as general horror, and I just wasnt interested.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of the horror genre as a general rule. And seeing as this episode essentially introduced something completely different into the show (it wasn’t a zombie episode, but a feral family thing instead), I classify it as general horror, and I just wasnt interested.
Nah you are thinking about episode 6

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the show exists in a universe where zombies are actually a thing, but that said…

how in the world could a feral family possibly exist for 8 years in a zombie apocalypse? i know they found bones in the basement, so we are supposed to assume they are eating animals and/or people. So for 8 years, they never had one of their human prey turn and take them out? They never ate tainted zombie humans? They have been able to venture out and hunt game at frequent enough clip to keep all of them fed? Without getting hunted themselves by humans or zombies?

Nitpicky, I admit. But it just makes no sense to me. Even in a universe where zombies exist.