• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I miss something? Why has Negan's cell unlocked? Did Jesus simply forget to lock it?

I heard "when Jesus gets back" way too many times not to know he was going to die.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I miss something? Why has Negan's cell unlocked? Did Jesus simply forget to lock it?

You mean Gabriel (Jesus was out looking for Eugene), and yeah, he just forgot because he was distracted worrying over Rosita.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really sour on TWD for a while but the Negan intro had me catch up ... I'm glad Carl's dead, Rick's now gone, and the series is taking on another attitude. Love the passive aggressiveness between communities and I'm curious af how they use Negan moving forward.

Will never be as good as it was the first few seasons, but TWD seems to have some creative writing going on again.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean Gabriel (Jesus was out looking for Eugene), and yeah, he just forgot because he was distracted worrying over Rosita.

Definitely meant Gabriel. I guess I got mixed up with him being a priest and all.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am super OK with killing off Jesus. He was a cool character in the books, but that just didn’t translate to the show (I think the horrible casting had something to do with that). Even in the books, though, he kinda got stale after he and Aaron got together (even though that has hardly been mentioned - I get the sense that scene was pretty much the whole reason they made the character in the first place).

Overall, I am pretty OK with the changes they have made so far this season. The books became a very dull political snoozer at this point, even with the Whisperers happening. I think they missed a big opportunity with Gregory, but shuffling up Maggie, Michone, Andrea and Carol has been well done (and tossing Tara in a bit as well there).

I loved the sneak peak. The fight scene they previewed between Daryl and Beta looked pretty cool. The casting for Beta is PERFECT, btw...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely meant Gabriel. I guess I got mixed up with him being a priest and all.
Gabriel is a VERY biblical name as well. In fact, they have gone out of their way to use lots of VERY biblical names in the show (and books)

Abraham
Gabriel
Jesus
Aaron
Ezekiel
Hershel

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was kind of surprised to see them not draw Jesus' death out until after the break. Glad it didn't end with a cliffhanger for a change.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this also involve Michone and Maggie?
Just my opinion, as none of this is from the books...

I don’t think so. The story reason for Maggie being gone is that she is off with Georgie making contact with other fledging communities across the country (will they run into Morgan’s community??)

They mentioned on TTD that they kinda shoe-horned that story into he show to accommodate Lauren Cohen’s network gig. They said we will not see her again this season, but the door is open for some kind of return in the future.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any explanation why hilltop and Alexandria are so hostile?

The showrunners said that it would be explained in the second half of the season that airs this spring.

SOMETHING happened in the 6-years. Michone and Daryl have their matching “X” scars. That has something to do with it.

Does this also involve Michone and Maggie?

Don't click if you don't want major spoilers, but if any of you are interested in knowing now, the rumor (I don't know how true it is) is that:

Sometime during the intervening six years, Maggie decided to let some strangers join the communities. Those strangers turned out to be psychos and hurt or killed other people before they were stopped. As a result, Michonne blames Maggie and has ever since enforced isolationism onto Alexandria.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any explanation why hilltop and Alexandria are so hostile?
was wondering the same thing.

When they took Michones weapons & wouldnt give them back until she left. Made it seem pretty serious to me. Not just "oh its you moment"

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The showrunners said that it would be explained in the second half of the season that airs this spring.

Don't click if you don't want major spoilers, but if any of you are interested in knowing now, the rumor (I don't know how true it is) is that:

Sometime during the intervening six years, Maggie decided to let some strangers join the communities. Those strangers turned out to be psychos and hurt or killed other people before they were stopped. As a result, Michonne blames Maggie and has ever since enforced isolationism onto Alexandria.

I think we have a winner here!

giphy.gif