• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The TKO Punches - TE Rankings

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forty-seven tight ends posted top-12 (TE1) numbers in at least one week last season, while 25 tight ends scored in the top-12 four or more times.

-- Rotoworld

I wasn't really looking forward to ranking TE's. It's not taking the easy way out or anything, it's just that, to me, it's not really a pre-draft ranking. For the most part, you can "stream" TE's, albeit hitting the right weeks can be tricky, it can also be fun. I mean, I'm sure there's still more "value" with Vernon Davis and Kyle Rudolph than with Dustin Keller and Scott Chandler, I'm just saying, you're more than likely shooting yourself in the foot by selecting a TE in the first 8 or 9 rounds....

other than...

1. Jimmy Graham -- passed the finger/wrist issues from last season, Payton back, Saints should rock it.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
2. Rob Gronkowski -- he rises as his injuries fall.

3-47. The Rest -- Sure, the next few names would probably read Jason Witten, Tony Gonzalez, Vernon Davis, etc... and if they fell to the 8th or 9th, I'd take them in that order, but I would much rather have 3 RB, 4 WR and probably a QB before I even look in the direction of TE (unless one of the top two are there at the "right" time).

Sorry to get your hopes up! :) -- I will gladly take part in any discussions about "ranking" (drafting/keeping more like it) the rest, if anyone so desires to play a name game, so to speak, with two or more guys.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw a reports that Vernon was working out with the wide recievers to try and cover the loss of crabtree.. thought that was interesting.. also pitta is out for the year.. gronk was spotted at practice in shorts and t shirt (odd for him to have a shirt on) but not doing the regular drills.. i think cook will do well in st louis.. bennent will be a traget in chicago and the dude from the panthers was supposed to be much improved this year..

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think cook will do well in st louis.. bennent will be a traget in chicago and the dude from the panthers was supposed to be much improved this year..

Not holding my breath for Cook in a new system, they liked Kendricks too. I thought Bennett was a great fit in NY last year, and he was for a little while, but then it just stopped. I've always been a fan of Greg Olsen. But lots of ifs and supposed to's in there, which is kind of my point. Who's to say Fred Davis doesn't lead the rest, or Brandon Myers (the new "good fit" Giants' TE). Maybe Finley finally breaks out and becomes a better option than anyone?

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed on all points.. mos tof the TE in fantasy i think will come down to getting lucky in the draft or gettign the hot one off waivers when you can..

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta agree it gets pretty flat after those two, and only that secondary tier is even worth drafting before the 12th (although I might take them in the 7th given the bazillion WR3s you could plug in). Witten and Gonzo almost always get you a handful of points, and that helps more than boom-or-bust guys or guessing at big games from marginal players, and Davis is definitely interesting with the WR angle (want to see it in action though). After those guys you might as well wait until after you take your DST.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta agree it gets pretty flat after those two, and only that secondary tier is even worth drafting before the 12th (although I might take them in the 7th given the bazillion WR3s you could plug in). Witten and Gonzo almost always get you a handful of points, and that helps more than boom-or-bust guys or guessing at big games from marginal players, and Davis is definitely interesting with the WR angle (want to see it in action though). After those guys you might as well wait until after you take your DST.
Hoestly I am kinda bummed and wondering if this is a good thing or not. If he gets Crabby's targets from LY then yipee yahooy; not so sure it will work that way though. Guess we will see...........