• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Tight End Room

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will this be the year when the Broncos finally go from famine to feast with TE talent. The Broncos have amassed four straight years of All Big Ten TEs.

If Fant, Butt, Heuerman and Fumagali all arrive at the end of training camp still healthy - one of them won't make the 53 man roster. I think that is a lot of potential talent. Don't know about trade value here, but I don't think a healthy one of these four makes it past waivers.

Another consideration is I think Fumagali is probably the best in-line blocker of the bunch.

If Jake Butt is healthy is he competing with Fant or Heuerman for a starting spot? Is the dream team TE coupling Butt and Fant?

One of the TE parts of the offense - based on what San Francisco did last year - was a TE like Fant in motion and based on how the defense reacts to Fant in motion becomes the Bronco's QBs first key to how the defense is playing coverage (easy read for zone or man coverage).

Now the offense will empathize the TE - and Flacco has a good history of getting the TE the ball. If the Broncos establish the TEs as weapons - the defense has to react - which should make the run game more effective and the pass protection more effective.

If the talent stays healthy and the scheme is executed - this Bronco's offense can be dominant. With Fangio's defense - an offense that can average 21 points a game - will win a lot of games.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say there is potential that we could keep all 4 if they are all 4 healthy and playing at a high level. If we did this it probably makes 1 less WR. Butt and Fant could easily fill in as a slot WR.