• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Texans downgraded IMO

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Gary Kubiak is a better coach than Bill O'Brien IMO.

...But Houston has an opportunity to put together an absolutely scary defense if they draft Clowney, and that might make Bill look better.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston has needs but ironically DL isn't one unfortunately... but they could move Clowney to the OLB in the 34

as far as O'Brien, Idk, he needs a capable QB and that 2nd WR to complement Andre... I'd expect a good start though for him...

Not so much of a downgrade overall... offense may be better with the defense being better or same pending on potential draft selection.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Harbaugh, Carroll, Saban & Chip Kelly were the only college coaches I've thought were good hires in a long time. I said from day 1 Greg Schiano didn't have an impressive, NFL-caliber resume, and he was in over his head. That's what I expect O'Brien.

Who's the big Nittany Lions fan on this board? I know there's one, but I forget who he is.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on coach and how scary that defense can be with Clowney, but unless they fix their QB situation or have Schaub have an Alex Smith like turnaround, then they're team is going to look alot like the 2010 and 2009 49ers. Good defense that keeps them in games and wins some, but offense holds them back.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very over rated coach. Hasnt done much in my opinion. Did an ok job with PSU after what happen but nothing great.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh, Carroll, Saban & Chip Kelly were the only college coaches I've thought were good hires in a long time. I said from day 1 Greg Schiano didn't have an impressive, NFL-caliber resume, and he was in over his head. That's what I expect O'Brien.

Who's the big Nittany Lions fan on this board? I know there's one, but I forget who he is.

Well don't forget O'Brien wasn't too far removed as NE's OC before PSU... to be fair.

I'm a Penn state fan but you're probably thinking of I am Z or Smalls... think purguy is one too...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well don't forget O'Brien wasn't too far removed as NE's OC before PSU... to be fair.

Which, to me, is a red flag. Belichick disciples haven't exactly set the world on fire in the NFL. Tom Brady can make a coach look really smart.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston has needs but ironically DL isn't one unfortunately... but they could move Clowney to the OLB in the 34

as far as O'Brien, Idk, he needs a capable QB and that 2nd WR to complement Andre... I'd expect a good start though for him...

Not so much of a downgrade overall... offense may be better with the defense being better or same pending on potential draft selection.

Hopkins did good(not great Good) this year

As for the hire. I can some it up in 1 thing

:laugh3:

PS that is what i'll be doing if the texans don't take a QB

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which, to me, is a red flag. Belichick disciples haven't exactly set the world on fire in the NFL. Tom Brady can make a coach look really smart.

once for a 1/2 year. McDaniels in i want to say 2008 but unsure

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ironically I actually think Josh McDaniels is a pretty good coaching candidate. He just never EVER EVER EVER needs to go anywhere near a draft war-room again. He was like a desperate guy who puts his life savings on number 15 in roulette (Tim Tebow) and lost his ass. But I think he has the mental chops & the balls to be a good HC in the right situation.

If I were Houston I would've rather had McDaniels than O'Brien.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...But Houston has an opportunity to put together an absolutely scary defense if they draft Clowney, and that might make Bill look better.

O'Brien is a quarterback guy. He'll go for a quarterback.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Cushing + Clowney

It's not even fair that analysts are going to give low expectations to the Texans. They have the offensive weapons and they're just a secondary away from being a championship contender. If O'Brien can get McGloin to the NFL and start, then he can probably get Schaub back on path of being an overrated QB. The problem I had with O'Brien at PSU was that he didn't make obvious changes to personnel, we'll see if that problem continues in the NFL.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
O'Brien is a quarterback guy. He'll go for a quarterback.

Maybe Bortles, but IMO they're better off going with Schaub and Clowney, at least you know Clowney will make a significant impact this year

EDIT: Who knows maybe the Texans trade for Mallet this year

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think O'Brien was hired for his reputation as a guy who can develop QBs, and for how he kept PSU from completely tanking after the sanctions/Sandusky crap. That's how I see it at least. He always intended to return to the pros but the opportunities presented themselves even earlier than he could have imagined.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, Bill is a damn good coach and he has sh1t at PSU and had a decent year, Kubiak wasnt that great, won sh1t in the playoffs