• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Suns got elfrid Payton for a 2nd rd pick

ZachMlive

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like we should have been in on that deal. I like him better than Nelson

JimboSliceMLive

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like we should have been in on that deal. I like him better than Nelson

Same here but, a PHX 2nd is pretty damn close to a pick in the 1st round. Also, how incompetent is Orlando? They could have a starting 5 of Payton, Oladipo, Tobias, Gordon, and Sabonis right now and probably be a playoff team.

oldenglishC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they could have fit Ennis and Payton/Muiday under the tax threshold. And I don't like Payton as a long term answer even if Jackson flames out this year. I'm ok with that move not being made.

ZachMlive

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they could have fit Ennis and Payton/Muiday under the tax threshold. And I don't like Payton as a long term answer even if Jackson flames out this year. I'm ok with that move not being made.

Yeah, I'm curious to know if Gores will pay a little tax so we can sign a guy bought out in the next few weeks. There are gonna be some good players that we can use.

ZachMlive

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buycks or Nelson. Maybe Moreland if a big man gets bought out

oldenglishC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nothing to back this up with, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that the F.O. has been told to not go over the tax line.

ZachMlive

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, you're probably right after hearing Stan's remarks about the Leuer exception not really helping them. Sucks we have 3 exception assets right now we can't use.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also prefer Payton to Nelson, but we would have had to use an exception to not send out salary. We would be paying the luxury tax this year, which escalates rapidly if we end up paying it again.

It is much easier to add mediocre talent when you have ample cap space because other teams are looking to drop salary or make a trade work. We are now in a more challenging environment because we don't have cap space and we need good players to upgrade our average to below average guys.