• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The State of college football is sad

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The State of college football is sad when you have to defend a team that has won every game it has played the past 2 seasons. The ESPN driven sports media is out of control with agendas and clear biases and allegiances.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the hate towards the Buckeyes. You absolutely cannot win 24 straight games unless you have a quality program. Granted, the Big10 is not loaded with stiff competition top to bottom, but you cannot deny what the Buckeyes have achieved.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they go undefeated then they should be fine. With that being said their biggest game in 2 seasons is next week.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think someone needs a tissue.

tumblr_mi5hufLSOz1r1a891o1_500.jpg

Why do you worry so much what ESPN says? They are a business period. Not a place that is unbiased in every article or opinion. Damn you win and you are in. If people on ESPN or anywhere else think that the schedule played the last 2 yrs has not been great. LET THEM because it does not change the fact you win next week and you are in.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haters gonna hate.

If they were sincere in their cries against tOSU and their sos they would refocus their angst onto FSU who now has a lower rated SoS than the Buckeyes and after the ccg's it will be even more in favor of the Buckeyes.

But they arent sincere, they are just trolls.

Respect the undefeated. Period.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need you be reminded about Boise State? How many games in a row did they win? Who were they against?

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think someone needs a tissue.

tumblr_mi5hufLSOz1r1a891o1_500.jpg

Why do you worry so much what ESPN says? They are a business period. Not a place that is unbiased in every article or opinion. Damn you win and you are in. If people on ESPN or anywhere else think that the schedule played the last 2 yrs has not been great. LET THEM because it does not change the fact you win next week and you are in.

THIS

the persecution complex is what's sad

sticks and stones and all that crap--just win

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. No reason Ohio State should be denied until they lose.

2 straight seasons without a loss, next week will tell us if they get their chance or not.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS

the persecution complex is what's sad

sticks and stones and all that crap--just win

So we go through weeks and weeks of hearing about how Team A should jump OSU, but we're "sad" because we think it's bullshit? Or is it because we're discussing it on a college football message board?

:noidea:

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ohio State gets fucked, refuse the meaningless BCS invite to whatever other bowl there is. IF you get jobbed by the system, don't play within it.

What could possibly be a bigger agent for change than one of the most storied and the biggest fanbase in the country REFUSING to go to a Bowl game because they were jobbed by the system that is so influenced by mediots that it's a glorified beauty pageant? Hell I can think of no better way for the BCS to go out.

When there have been 1 or 2 undefeated Big-6 conference teams, the BCS has always been relatively straightforward.

If Ohio State gets jobbed, that would mean that the human elements of the BCS have become bad actors - meaning they are intentionally manipulating the outcome instead of letting the system work as it should.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon will jump OhSU this week. Bookmarket!

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we go through weeks and weeks of hearing about how Team A should jump OSU, but we're "sad" because we think it's bullshit? Or is it because we're discussing it on a college football message board?

:noidea:

it's the constant focussing on it and whining about it that gets old

makes you sound like whiny children

MOM! That kid on the playground said I'm ugly! :bawling:

i get counteracting stupid posts on here, but whining about the talking heads is silly

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need you be reminded about Boise State? How many games in a row did they win? Who were they against?
Huge difference between BSU and OSU. OSU is in if undefeated, and they should be.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haters gonna hate.

If they were sincere in their cries against tOSU and their sos they would refocus their angst onto FSU who now has a lower rated SoS than the Buckeyes and after the ccg's it will be even more in favor of the Buckeyes.

But they arent sincere, they are just trolls.

Respect the undefeated. Period.

Oh people can say anything they want about the SOS for FSU. Not a new thing to deal with. The one big difference is the "eye test" whether you like that way or not. It is subjective, but the lack of total domination against lesser opponents is why I think people rag on OSU. They play down to their level to an extent. OSU's offense is really good, but their defense is average in MY OPINION. There is no way with the athletes they have that Michigan, NW, Illinois, and Cal should have scored anything above 14 pts. Maybe that is scheme or something else, but that is what I hear people saying.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's the constant focussing on it and whining about it that gets old

makes you sound like whiny children

MOM! That kid on the playground said I'm ugly! :bawling:

i get counteracting stupid posts on here, but whining about the talking heads is silly

Dude, OSU is the unquestionably most trolled team on this board. Don't want people complaining? Don't sit there and troll them. Also, as I said, this is a discussion board. What else do you want to talk about? If you don't like it, why are you taking the time to talk about it?

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, OSU is the unquestionably most trolled team on this board. Don't want people complaining? Don't sit there and troll them. Also, as I said, this is a discussion board. What else do you want to talk about? If you don't like it, why are you taking the time to talk about it?

to be clear, i did say that i understood countering stupid posts on here, i just don't get the obsession with what the talking heads are saying

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are still sore from the farce that was the national championship game last year. Ohio St will likely get their shot but they'll be looked at like Notre Dame was last year

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be clear, i did say that i understood countering stupid posts on here, i just don't get the obsession with what the talking heads are saying

Because shit gets really, really old. By the way, you're going way overboard calling it an "obsession". There are a few posts on here about it that were started by Buckeye fans, but once again, to clarify, this is a college football discussion board.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh people can say anything they want about the SOS for FSU. Not a new thing to deal with. The one big difference is the "eye test" whether you like that way or not. It is subjective, but the lack of total domination against lesser opponents is why I think people rag on OSU. They play down to their level to an extent. OSU's offense is really good, but their defense is average in MY OPINION. There is no way with the athletes they have that Michigan, NW, Illinois, and Cal should have scored anything above 14 pts. Maybe that is scheme or something else, but that is what I hear people saying.

I don't think it's a legitimate argument either way when we are down to 2 undefeated teams from AQ conferences.

To me neither the SOS or the eye test applies.

People who are professional should realize that but espin really is the SEC network and they do have their agenda.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was told that the NCAA is going to request that the Buckeyes reject an invitation to play in the championship game....for the good of college football. To compensate, OSU players will get free tattoos and BCS memorabilia that they can sell.

:rollseyes: