• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The solution to Oklahoma's offensive problems.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough already. Bring him back. Do it. Imagine Baker Mayfield, Trevor Knight, Samaje Perine, Keith Ford and Joe Mixon being coached by this guy.

imgres

brin3535

moose twit!
Hoopla Cash
$ 955.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What guy?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm certainly not a Sooners fan, but it was pretty clear to me that handing the ball off to Perine five times in a row, when he kept getting less yards on each consecutive carry, weren't the right calls.

OC needs to learn a term that I call "play fake" Just my two cents.

brin3535

moose twit!
Hoopla Cash
$ 955.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. I can't get this damn site to insert an image. Any help appreciated. Didn't use to have a problem.

Talkin' about ol Barry?

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sportskansasmangino_t440.jpg

brin3535

moose twit!
Hoopla Cash
$ 955.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marky mark!

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Mangino. Offensive guru extraordinaire.

OKLAHOMA_RESURGENCE_2776166.JPG

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying this for 3 years now.
It's time.

He does less with more, and more with more.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am slow to hit the panic button in business because I know things can become even worse when bad changes exacerbate the situation. But it's time to make changes at OU. Bob's lost the edge. Let's not even talk about how Mike Stoops is getting a free $850,000/year ride for his poor performance on the defensive side of the ball because Bob will never fire his brother. So we need to juice the O in a big way by ditching Heupel in order to win the 50-45 games we will be in until we can stop someone.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am slow to hit the panic button in business because I know things can become even worse when bad changes exacerbate the situation. But it's time to make changes at OU. Bob's lost the edge. Let's not even talk about how Mike Stoops is getting a free $850,000/year ride for his poor performance on the defensive side of the ball because Bob will never fire his brother. So we need to juice the O in a big way by ditching Heupel in order to win the 50-45 games we will be in until we can stop someone.

Goldbug, therein lies the problem. The OU defense is terrible as well. Not sure if bringing Mangino back will do any good b/c ya'll would still have Mike Stoops coaching the defense and Bob will never, ever fire his bro.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldbug, therein lies the problem. The OU defense is terrible as well. Not sure if bringing Mangino back will do any good b/c ya'll would still have Mike Stoops coaching the defense and Bob will never, ever fire his bro.

TE, all I have left is hope right now. The evidence is in. Oklahoma is a burning building and too many people are trying to ignore the flames. I knew if Mike Stoops ever came back and wasn't successful it would be nearly impossible to get rid of him unless he robbed a bank or blew someone away. You guys knocked down a burning building and are now rebuilding. If the trend continues, in a couple of years you'll catch us and we'll be whining we can't beat Texas anymore. Honest to God, I wish Iowa State would beat us 60-17 this year just to make it obvious that Mangino is what we need on the O side and Mike is not getting the job done on defense. What's really going to hurt is we are absolutely loaded next year. Loaded. And there's no reason not to expect another season of disappointment if the coaching staff remains the same.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE, all I have left is hope right now. The evidence is in. Oklahoma is a burning building and too many people are trying to ignore the flames. I knew if Mike Stoops ever came back and wasn't successful it would be nearly impossible to get rid of him unless he robbed a bank or blew someone away. You guys knocked down a burning building and are now rebuilding. If the trend continues, in a couple of years you'll catch us and we'll be whining we can't beat Texas anymore. Honest to God, I wish Iowa State would beat us 60-17 this year just to make it obvious that Mangino is what we need on the O side and Mike is not getting the job done on defense. What's really going to hurt is we are absolutely loaded next year. Loaded. And there's no reason not to expect another season of disappointment if the coaching staff remains the same.

Well, I seriously doubt ISU's QB is going to look like the next Peyton Manning against your defense, like he did against ours. That was just one time thing. Seems like the majority of Sooner fans give Mike Stoops a pass b/c of the defense he brought to the table from '00-'04. The league has changed drastically since then and now you have Baylor as a top contender, along with almost every team running no huddle. If you're lucky, another school will come calling Mike Stoops to be their head coach.....

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I seriously doubt ISU's QB is going to look like the next Peyton Manning against your defense, like he did against ours. That was just one time thing. Seems like the majority of Sooner fans give Mike Stoops a pass b/c of the defense he brought to the table from '00-'04. The league has changed drastically since then and now you have Baylor as a top contender, along with almost every team running no huddle. If you're lucky, another school will come calling Mike Stoops to be their head coach.....

Mike Stoops is creating a situation for himself where he won't be able to be a head coach at a school he deems worthy of his services. He won't settle for a job like SMU or Colorado. He'll want another school like Arizona (or better) to take a chance on him. But he's already screwed the pooch as a HC and his only shot another another good job is to be outstanding at OU. That isn't happening. He is also making a hell of a lot of money without the hassle of being the HC at a second tier school where he'd be directly responsible for the team's overall performance. Mike's staying. Our only hope is Bob Stoops will throw Heupel under the bus. But Bob can continue to cash checks forever at 10-2 so its doubtful he'll rock the boat.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there enough food in the state of Oklahoma to feed Mangino? Seriously tho, I don't think our coordinators are much better.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heupel is a liability. Mangino would cure a lot of OU's ills. Heupel doesn't seem to remember that other teams have coaches who can break down game films too. What works early in the season or early in a game doesn't always keep working. Watch Heupel's play calling and you would never know he understands that.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying this for 3 years now.
It's time.

He does less with more, and more with more.
Isn't that what the current staff is already accomplishing? They must be in cahoots with Tim Beck.