• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The sign Richard Seymour Thread

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The Niners had 4 active DL on the roster tonight after Williams was lost for the season. The starters & Dobbs. That's a problem.

The Niners NEED to pay Richard Seymour. They had a bunch of cap space last time I checked.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need Seymour, we need a NT because based on tonight's performance, Dorsey couldn't hold his own. I. Williams will be out several weeks with a broken ankle.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh quit it. We need to stick to our guns and run it or play off that shit. But hey we have been spoiled with winning. Time to step up and show our worth

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Oh quit it. We need to stick to our guns

Our guns (one of 'em) are (is) out for the season. There's nothing with which to stick.

And it's not like any good true NTs are out there unemployed at the moment. Seymour is out there 'cause his price tag is high. But the Niners desperately need help on the DL at least 'til Carradine gets healthy. Seymour can back up all 3 positions on the DL and keep the starters from playing as many snaps as they did today. And he can provide some pocket collapsivity.

...Collapsation. Collapsification.

Collapsitude.

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Jerrell Powe... Idk about his rush but he's a true load up the middle.

Thought he was ok for the chiefs last season.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our guns (one of 'em) is out for the season. There's nothing with which to stick.

And it's not like any good true NTs are out there unemployed at the moment. Seymour is out there 'cause his price tag is high. But the Niners desperately need help on the DL at least 'til Carradine gets healthy. Seymour can back up all 3 positions on the DL and keep the starters from playing as many snaps as they did today. And he can provide some pocket collapsivity.

Collapsitude.

Collaps-arama

Collaps-areno

The Collapster

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No No No No No and No again. We need a NT, lets not be fooled by big names....

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
No No No No No and No again. We need a NT, lets not be fooled by big names....

The Niners need DEPTH, on all 3 DL positions, not just at NT. Right now the #1 backup DL is Dobbs, who sucks. It's not like you can expect 'em to go out & find a starting NT who's going to do better than Dorsey.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our guns (one of 'em) are (is) out for the season. There's nothing with which to stick.

Collapsitude.

Well, we have been playing with a sub par NT, so we shouldn't be hurt too bad by playing with another sub par NT.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners need DEPTH, on all 3 DL positions, not just at NT. Right now the #1 backup DL is Dobbs, who sucks. It's not like you can expect 'em to go out & find a starting NT who's going to do better than Dorsey.

They are fine with depth at the DE spots, I'm more worried about a starting NT which I have never seen Dorsey as. I think lots of guys can play NT better than Dorsey but we'll say. That being said whoever we bring in will have to be able to play NT and MAYBE help out on at DE not the other way around. Also I'm not willing to pay a depth player the type of money Seymour would want.

I'm just not wanting to replace a fill a need position with a player that plays a different position. That is like us losing a WR and signing a TE to make up for it.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Williams is done for the season so we need a backup NT.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm just not wanting to replace a fill a need position with a player that plays a different position. That is like us losing a WR and signing a TE to make up for it.

Plays a different position? Seymour plays EVERY position on the DL. In any scheme.

The Niners run a lot of 4-man fronts, so he could play DT on those downs. He could back up the DEs, and he could play NT on passing downs.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need a big run stuffer... run defense has been bad, need to fix that soon and hopefully offset those huge gains by the opposing offense.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing how we can roll cap savings over to next year and we have big bucks on the IR if Seymour wants to sign a deal like Nmamdis cool sign him... if not let his old overpriced ass sit on his couch.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Baalke might not want to sign him 'cause the Niners might have to forfeit a supplementary draft pick. But those can't be traded, so I don't much care at this point.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers have just over 1.6M in space right now.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The 49ers have just over 1.6M in space right now.

:doh:

I thought it was more than that. Even with Ian Williams going on IR? Wouldn't that clear up some more space?

Well... Time to cut Whitner. The dude can't cover Zach Miller, and Doug Baldwin was like 8 had like 8 yards on him on an out route. That'd clear up some cap space.