• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE SEC Thread

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when texas and Oklahoma finally join the sec how do you think things thanksgiving rivalry week will shake out?

Obviously atm vs Texas should be back first...
Does lsu vs arky move back into thst spot?
That leaves okla vs mizzou as the final matchup.

Thoughts?
Vandy is hoping to replace the Kansas game...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when texas and Oklahoma finally join the sec how do you think things thanksgiving rivalry week will shake out?

Thoughts?
That would sound right to me. Ark and OU are about the same level of rivalry for Mizzou from my standpoint but Arky certainly considers LSU to be their rival based on everything Ive ever heard. Even then, OU vs MU is about as much of a rivalry as Georgia vs Mizzou is. Geographically, Sooners fans would have no issue heading up to Columbia, though.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would sound right to me. Ark and OU are about the same level of rivalry for Mizzou from my standpoint but Arky certainly considers LSU to be their rival based on everything Ive ever heard. Even then, OU vs MU is about as much of a rivalry as Georgia vs Mizzou is. Geographically, Sooners fans would have no issue heading up to Columbia, though.
Only other option I see might work would be arky vs mizz and lsu vs okla....

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Older Arkansas fans still hate Texas primarily but for younger fans it's probably LSU with the rest split up between Ole Miss/A&M/Auburn/Oklahoma/Tennessee depending on which part of the state you live in. Mizzou might be there for those who live on the AR/MO border but I just get the sense that neither Arkansas nor Missouri fans really think of each other as a rival despite the proximity (at least in football).

There isn't just that one team in the SEC that our fanbase is united behind as a rival but there are quite a few we don't care for. I did love having the LSU game on Thanksgiving weekend though, there were some absolute classic games between the two in the 2000's.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Older Arkansas fans still hate Texas primarily but for younger fans it's probably LSU with the rest split up between Ole Miss/A&M/Auburn/Oklahoma/Tennessee depending on which part of the state you live in. Mizzou might be there for those who live on the AR/MO border but I just get the sense that neither Arkansas nor Missouri fans really think of each other as a rival despite the proximity (at least in football).

There isn't just that one team in the SEC that our fanbase is united behind as a rival but there are quite a few we don't care for. I did love having the LSU game on Thanksgiving weekend though, there were some absolute classic games between the two in the 2000's.
Everyone outside of Austin hates Texas, right? That seems pretty normal.

From the Mizzou side, I do see Arkansas as a basketball rival. Mike Anderson left Mizzou for you guys and he bit off more than he could chew. I think we retired our Black Jerseys for something like 15 years because Arkansas beat Mizzou so badly and then Mizzou went on a win streak. There is enough history there for me to care. Mizzou/Arkansas football? Thats just another game.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arky first 8 win season since 2011.....
Just a failed 2-point conversion away from a possible 10-win season after the bowl against an extremely difficult schedule. Not sure even the most optimistic Hog fan would have thought Pittman would turn it around this quickly. Hope we can hang on to Briles and Odom.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts?
Texas-Texas A&M for sure. Arkansas probably keeps Mizzou as their season-ender. That would probably leave LSU vs Oklahoma, unless the Sooners find a way to keep their series with Okie State. If that happens, the powers that be may try to rekindle Missouri-Kansas, keep the LSU-Texas A&M showdown & pit Texas against Arkansas.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coach got some explaining to do....:dhd:
Looks more like the person that posted that has some explaining to do....b/c the guy in the shot is Jake Long.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Brennan and Johnson gone, LSU has only one scholarship QB remaining: former four-star prospect Garrett Nussmeier, a true freshman who has appeared in four games this season.

If Nussmeier were to play in the Texas Bowl, he would lose the ability to redshirt this season, costing him a year of eligibility.

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Brennan and Johnson gone, LSU has only one scholarship QB remaining: former four-star prospect Garrett Nussmeier, a true freshman who has appeared in four games this season.

If Nussmeier were to play in the Texas Bowl, he would lose the ability to redshirt this season, costing him a year of eligibility.
and that's probably what that Notre Dame dipshit will do
LSU is going to the cluster-fuck pit.

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20211214-092055_Samsung Internet.jpg

Either the Cocks pull their head out of their ass, and become an SEC playoff contender with this schedule, or Rattler gets benched during game 3 never to be heard of again. Last I saw, they are ranked 8th in the SEC and 20th in the nation in recruiting.

Their D is going to need to step up to fill the holes left by their top 3 tacklers. Unless they have another year of eligibility, the 3 seniors are gone.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 284789

Either the Cocks pull their head out of their ass, and become an SEC playoff contender with this schedule, or Rattler gets benched during game 3 never to be heard of again. Last I saw, they are ranked 8th in the SEC and 20th in the nation in recruiting.

Their D is going to need to step up to fill the holes left by their top 3 tacklers. Unless they have another year of eligibility, the 3 seniors are gone.
SC is currently ranked 23rd in recruiting; 11th in the SEC.