• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The SEC Bias in Polls is Ridiculous

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) A&M at #10? What have they done to deserve that ranking above other teams? Resume:
* Signature win was against Rice (whom they gave up 31 pts to);
* Have given up 101 points in 3 games;
* Defense is ranked 108th in the country;
* Lost to the only good team they played.

Can you somewhat forgive a single digit loss to Bama? Sure. But what else do they have to put them ahead of teams who are undefeated and have beaten quality opponents?

2) South Carolina at #12? Ditto the above. Resume:
* Signature win was against North Carolina (in unimpressive fashion);
* Almost blew a 4td lead to squeak by Vanderbuilt;
* Lost to the only good team they played by double digits.

UCLA is undefeated; Has beaten 2 quality teams (1 ranked); And won both games impressively.
Miami is undefeated; Has beaten a highly ranked team.
Oklahoma is 3-0; Has the #14 ranked defense in the country; Has beaten Tulsa and West Virginia (better than Rice).
Michigan is 3-0; Has beaten Notre Dame; Struggled last weak vs a bad team but still won.

We are going to forgive A&M for struggling vs Rice and for losing, and we will forgive S. Carolina for struggling vs Vandy and losing - But we will not forgive Michigan for struggling vs Akron and being undefeated including a ranked opponent win??????:bullshit:

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O/U on post count?

400 by Friday????

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True dat...a lot of average looking babes not suffering from a lack of love fo sho.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also add in Florida at #19. Resume:

* Signature win is vs Toledo;
* Proven only that they can lose to Miami. This = a top 20 ranking?

Heck, even Texas Tech should be ahead of them, imo. Texas Tech is 3-0; Destroyed both easy opponents they had; and just beat a very good TCU team. Why should that be ranked behind 1-1 with a Toledo win?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas football falling apart at the seams and Texas football fan is worried about A&M, the SEC, and top 25 polls.

:L

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fascinating.gif

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas football falling apart at the seams and Texas football fan is worried about A&M, the SEC, and top 25 polls.

:L

Great point. My team is playing bad, so I should no longer be a fan of college football. Now back to the point.....

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point. My team is playing bad, so I should no longer be a fan of college football. Now back to the point.....

fan of college football, or hater of all things SEC?

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nothing new.

The SEC always gets the benefit of the doubt.

Not sure the whole of the conference should though based off of Alabamas dominance.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) A&M at #10? What have they done to deserve that ranking above other teams? Resume:
* Signature win was against Rice (whom they gave up 31 pts to);
* Have given up 101 points in 3 games;
* Defense is ranked 108th in the country;
* Lost to the only good team they played. #1 team and broke records against them

Can you somewhat forgive a single digit loss to Bama? Sure. But what else do they have to put them ahead of teams who are undefeated and have beaten quality opponents?

UCLA is undefeated; Has beaten 2 quality teams (1 ranked); And won both games impressively. Nevada? Just lost 62-7 to FSU and 58-20 is a quality team? How quality is Nebraska?
Miami is undefeated; Has beaten a highly ranked team. They did beat Florida but I think most people would think UF would win 8 out of 10 if played. 5 red zone turnovers and still only lost by 5 @ Miami?
Oklahoma is 3-0; Has the #14 ranked defense in the country; Has beaten Tulsa and West Virginia (better than Rice). OK 3-0 but where's the awe factor?
Michigan is 3-0; Has beaten Notre Dame; Struggled last weak vs a bad team but still won. Inches from losing to the Zips! How good is Notre Dame?

We are going to forgive A&M for struggling vs Rice and for losing,struggled? They won 52-31 with Manziel out a half! and we will forgive S. Carolina for struggling vs Vandy (game wasn't near as close as score. This is where you say Vandy is good if they are on one of your teams schedule!) and losing - But we will not forgive Michigan for struggling vs Akron and being undefeated including a ranked opponent win??????:bullshit:

There's way too much football left to get this concerned about these small details. Teams have to start somewhere.Many would say Oklahoma St is way to high and doesn't deserve ranking. How about Stanford whose had 2 unimpressive wins over San Jose St and Army? It will all come out in the wash. Bad teams will lose and good teams will win. Not one team you mentioned has an unbelievable resume. Your opinion obviously is not consistent with all the coaches or writers that probably get together on Sundays to conspire for the SEC. Don't you think? Is this what we all have to look forward to now that Texas is already an also ran for 2013?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hizzle,

I don't disagree that SC is over-rated, they probably should have started where they are now and could be as low as 20-25 and I wouldn't complain, but how does one "almost blow a 4-td lead," yet still win by ten and it's considered "squeaking by?"

So they get credit for a double-digit loss to a good team, but don't get credit for a double-digit win?

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L:L:L ... At being this butthurt over WEEK 3 polls! There's a lot more football to be played!!!

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hizzle,

I don't disagree that SC is over-rated, they probably should have started where they are now and could be as low as 20-25 and I wouldn't complain, but how does one "almost blow a 4-td lead," yet still win by ten and it's considered "squeaking by?"

So they get credit for a double-digit loss to a good team, but don't get credit for a double-digit win?

Fair point. Should not drop much for a 10pt win vs Vandy, agreed. However, the overall resume is not #12 in the country.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M is still #10 bc they lost to the #1 team (won 3 outta last 4 NC's) by 7 points.

USCe is still #12 bc they lost to a top 10 team, unless they get blown out they will not drop that far.

And Akron is different than Vandy or even Rice. It is basically 1AA team. They have been awful, hadn't got a win on the road since 2008---that is a different level bad.

You can't really talk about the SEC, when really a bottom feeder of the SEC really for awhile now blew the Longhorns shit up...just sayn

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L:L:L ... At being this butthurt over WEEK 3 polls! There's a lot more football to be played!!!

Nope. I'm butthurt that my team is sucking, yes. I'm just calling out b.s. when I see it. The voters consistently putting SEC teams where they don't belong is b.s.

Bama and LSU both deserve their rankings. The rest mentioned are all undeservedly too high.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say scoring 42 points on the number 1 team in the country and losing by only 7 is a good reason to rank AM 10th. It's exactly where I have them this week.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M is still #10 bc they lost to the #1 team (won 3 outta last 4 NC's) by 7 points.

USCe is still #12 bc they lost to a top 10 team, unless they get blown out they will not drop that far.

And Akron is different than Vandy or even Rice. It is basically 1AA team. They have been awful, hadn't got a win on the road since 2008---that is a different level bad.

You can't really talk about the SEC, when really a bottom feeder of the SEC really for awhile now blew the Longhorns shit up...just sayn

1) So losing to a very good team is better than beating a multiple good teams.
2) Struggling vs a bad team is different than struggling vs a bad team, and
3) You can't talk about college football because California barely beat Portland State. (?? Makes about as much sense as your last point).

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love when this fool posts. Makes longhorn fans everywhere cringe.