• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Season so Far-Week 14

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1st 4. LSU, Ohio State, Clemson, Georgia

2nd 4. Utah, Oklahoma, Baylor, Florida

3rd 4. Wisconsin, Alabama, Minnesota, Penn State.

Analysis: LSU with a very slight edge over Ohio State. Utah, Oklahoma, and Baylor in prime condition to move up to number 4. Should Georgia beat LSU, the top 4 will like remain the same with LSU falling to 3rd or 4th.

Playoffs: Ohio State, LSU, Clemson, Utah

Analysis: Look for a big OSU win to propel them to the top. LSU could hold on to the top with a big win over Georgia. Clemson is a lock and Utah has a tough match with Oregon. The winner of Oklahoma-Baylor will be in contention for the playoffs depending on the outcome of the Utah-Oregon game.

Biggest Surprises: Utah, Minnesota, Baylor.

Analysis: All three teams ranked in my final regular final 12 and none were expected to be there. Utah has the best shot at the playoffs but needs Georgia to lose and win over Oregon. Minnesota is out, but could still make the Rose Bowl. Baylor has to beat Oklahoma to have a chance, and needs help from LSU and Oregon to give them a fighting chance.

Biggest Disappointments: Nebraska, Arkansas, UCLA.

Analysis: Nebraska was the favorite for the Big 10 West, but failed to even make a bowl game. It’s been two years since Arkansas has won an SEC game and some of their losses were by large margins. UCLA was up and down most of the year finishing 4-8. There is more than enough talent in So California to avoid a losing season.

Heisman Trophy: Joe Burrows, Justin Fields, JK Burrows.

Analysis: This is over for all practical purposes. Burrows should win in a landslide. I doubt if more than 3 contenders go to NYC for the award.

Big 3 games of the week: SEC Championship, PAC 12 Championship, Big 12 Championship.

Analysis: LSU should make the playoffs even if they lose to Georgia. In that case both LSU and Georgia are in and Ohio State and Clemson are very likely. Clemson is a lock, and Ohio State is not far behind. Should LSU win the SEC Championship, then either Utah, if they win the PAC 12 or the winner of the Big 12 Championship, Baylor or Oklahoma will claim the final spot. A close Georgia loss could put the committee in a bind. In that case, “bonus points” from margins of victory will be a factor in the Utah-Oregon game and the Baylor-Oklahoma game.

G-5 Team. Boise St and Memphis are in the driver’s seat. Boise St should claim the prize with a win in the Mountain West championship game.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gay as one would expect. If Memphis beats Cincinnati they are in regardless of what BSU does. As it should be based on SOS.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gay as one would expect. If Memphis beats Cincinnati they are in regardless of what BSU does. As it should be based on SOS.

Not necessarily. If BSU wins big they could pass Memphis. Memphis and Cincinnati are pretty close.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we got in, we would get badly embarrassed.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. If BSU wins big they could pass Memphis. Memphis and Cincinnati are pretty close.

Boise is playing a 4 loss Hawaii team..........Memphis for sure gets it if they win

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we got in, we would get badly embarrassed.
I agree to a large point. Any team currently ranked #5 to #12 beats the brakes off us on paper and more than likely on grass. The one thing we have going for us over most every other G5 team is, we will show up and have a chance.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to a large point. Any team currently ranked #5 to #12 beats the brakes off us on paper and more than likely on grass. The one thing we have going for us over most every other G5 team is, we will show up and have a chance.

The team and coaches that showed up to the Utah St game, yes we have a chance. The other team and coaches that showed up at CSU and SJU and BYU we get our ass handed to us.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise is playing a 4 loss Hawaii team..........Memphis for sure gets it if they win

Memphis is 3 spots ahead of Boise St in the AP poll and 1 ahead of Boise in the Coaches poll. They were also 2 spots in front of Boise in the CFP rankings.

This can change if Memphis and Cincy are close.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1st 4. LSU, Ohio State, Clemson, Georgia

2nd 4. Utah, Oklahoma, Baylor, Florida

3rd 4. Wisconsin, Alabama, Minnesota, Penn State.

Analysis: LSU with a very slight edge over Ohio State. Utah, Oklahoma, and Baylor in prime condition to move up to number 4. Should Georgia beat LSU, the top 4 will like remain the same with LSU falling to 3rd or 4th.

Playoffs: Ohio State, LSU, Clemson, Utah

Analysis: Look for a big OSU win to propel them to the top. LSU could hold on to the top with a big win over Georgia. Clemson is a lock and Utah has a tough match with Oregon. The winner of Oklahoma-Baylor will be in contention for the playoffs depending on the outcome of the Utah-Oregon game.

Biggest Surprises: Utah, Minnesota, Baylor.

Analysis: All three teams ranked in my final regular final 12 and none were expected to be there. Utah has the best shot at the playoffs but needs Georgia to lose and win over Oregon. Minnesota is out, but could still make the Rose Bowl. Baylor has to beat Oklahoma to have a chance, and needs help from LSU and Oregon to give them a fighting chance.

Biggest Disappointments: Nebraska, Arkansas, UCLA.

Analysis: Nebraska was the favorite for the Big 10 West, but failed to even make a bowl game. It’s been two years since Arkansas has won an SEC game and some of their losses were by large margins. UCLA was up and down most of the year finishing 4-8. There is more than enough talent in So California to avoid a losing season.

Heisman Trophy: Joe Burrows, Justin Fields, JK Burrows.

Analysis: This is over for all practical purposes. Burrows should win in a landslide. I doubt if more than 3 contenders go to NYC for the award.

Big 3 games of the week: SEC Championship, PAC 12 Championship, Big 12 Championship.

Analysis: LSU should make the playoffs even if they lose to Georgia. In that case both LSU and Georgia are in and Ohio State and Clemson are very likely. Clemson is a lock, and Ohio State is not far behind. Should LSU win the SEC Championship, then either Utah, if they win the PAC 12 or the winner of the Big 12 Championship, Baylor or Oklahoma will claim the final spot. A close Georgia loss could put the committee in a bind. In that case, “bonus points” from margins of victory will be a factor in the Utah-Oregon game and the Baylor-Oklahoma game.

G-5 Team. Boise St and Memphis are in the driver’s seat. Boise St should claim the prize with a win in the Mountain West championship game.

I would say that Michigan is the biggest disappointment. From near concensus pick to win the Big 10 and be a Championship contender to a 3-loss also ran in its own division is a hard fall

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that Michigan is the biggest disappointment. From near concensus pick to win the Big 10 and be a Championship contender to a 3-loss also ran in its own division is a hard fall

I think Harbaugh did a good job at turning the team around after a horrible start. I was thinking that OSU might get just a 7 point win. There was too much talent at OSU for anyone to win. He beat ND and Michigan State, and by a lot. I'll give him credit for that.

BTW, after thinking about it for awhile, I should have included Washington as one of the more disappointing teams.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget the Longhorns when talking about disappointment. They are the Arizona State Sun Devils of the Big 12 only not as good. :heh:

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget the Longhorns when talking about disappointment. They are the Arizona State Sun Devils of the Big 12 only not as good. :heh:

They certainly were a disappointment also. The Longhorns won a national championship this century and played for another. Way better than Arizona State.