• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Season so Far-Week 13

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Season So Far-week –Week 13

1st 4: Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, Georgia

2nd 4: Oklahoma, Ohio State, UCF, Michigan

3rd 4: Texas, Washington, Florida, LSU

Analysis: Major changes in the ratings this week as the regular season is basically over. The top 3 remain the same and are big favorites to make the playoffs. Oklahoma and Ohio State are battling for the last spot. UCF is a slam dunk for the G-5 bowl bid.

My Picks for the Playoff: Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, Oklahoma.

Analysis: Alabama has the toughest game, playing Georgia. If Georgia pulls an upset, then 2 SEC teams will make the playoffs along with Notre Dame and Clemson. Ohio State likely needs the most help.

Most surprising: Notre Dame, Texas, Washington State, Kentucky, and Northwestern.

Analysis: I thought Notre Dame would be good, but not go undefeated and make the playoffs. Texas really turned it around after game 1 and even upset Oklahoma. Washington State nearly won the Pac 10 and when has Kentucky been this good . Northwestern making the Big 10 Championship game is a major surprise.

Most disappointing: Florida St, UCLA, Nebraska, Arkansas, Louisville.

Analysis: Florida State will not go to a bowl for the first time in over 30 years. UCLA and Nebraska are rebuilding, but I thought both would go .500. Arkansas and Louisville just never got it going.

Heisman Trophy: Tua Tagovailoa, , Kyler Murray, Dwayne Haskins

Analysis: This is very close. All 3 are in CCG this week. Whoever has the most sparkling performance can win it. Just a hunch, but I like Kyler Murray.

Big 3 Games of the Week: Alabama-Georgia, Oklahoma-Texas, Ohio State-Northwestern

Analysis: A ticket to the playoffs is all that is left to earn. All 3 of these games will determine who gets in. My picks: Alabama 31-20, Oklahoma38-24, and Ohio State 41-17.

Big Games Remaining: Only the 2 National Semi-Finals and the NC Game are left.

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Analysis: Alabama has the toughest game, playing Georgia. If Georgia pulls an upset, then 2 SEC teams will make the playoffs along with Notre Dame and Clemson. Ohio State likely needs the most help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Nope
Georgia wins they're in
OU wins they're in
Alabama plays in their also-ran bowl

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope
Georgia wins they're in
OU wins they're in

I don't see it that way. Alabama would get in as the 4th team and Georgia would wind up number 3.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if Bama loses, both UGA and Bama will likely be in.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, on the plus side... this talk about 2018 Bama being the greatest team ever (despite not having the schedule for talk like that)would stop.

So... there's that.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, on the plus side... this talk about 2018 Bama being the greatest team ever (despite not having the schedule for talk like that)would stop.

So... there's that.

I thought Bama's best team was when they split 2 games with LSU and won the natty. Can't remember the year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 12-1 OU with a CCG win will get in over a 12-1 Alabama with a CCG loss.

BUT

Alabama has to lose.....Ain't happening

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Bama's best team was when they split 2 games with LSU and won the natty. Can't remember the year.

That would be 2011. But I would have to disagree. I actually do think this Bama team (2018) is the best Bama team Saban has had. They are absolutely solid on defense and special teams and this is probably the best offensive team he has ever had. They have beaten everyone on their schedule by a minimum of 22 points... that is incredible even with their schedule. My only contention is when the talk starts on being one of the greatest teams of all time. I do think Bama has a shot and could easily make a top 3 of all time claim this year, depending on how the CCG and playoff go. My only contention is basically the schedule, they have played 3 ranked teams on their schedule, #22 A&M... who I am not sure is a legit top 25 team, but I will allow the AP to decide that. #4 LSU, who I do not believe is a top 10... probably not a top 15 team when it is said and done. They have a solid defense, but offense is suspect and I say both of those statements despite a 74-72 loss to A&M lol. But to be fair, again, I will see where the AP places them when it is said and done. Then we have #16 ranked Mississippi State, who I do believe will finish ranked, but I am not sure if I believe they will be top 15.

I will add a caveat, Bama does still have to play the #5 team, potentially the #4, and then either the #2 or #3 team....with all of that said, I do believe that if this 2018 Bama team continues on their war path... they may have a legitimate shot of topping the 95 Huskers as te greatest college football team of all time and that hurts to admit lol.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be 2011. But I would have to disagree. I actually do think this Bama team (2018) is the best Bama team Saban has had. They are absolutely solid on defense and special teams and this is probably the best offensive team he has ever had. They have beaten everyone on their schedule by a minimum of 22 points... that is incredible even with their schedule. My only contention is when the talk starts on being one of the greatest teams of all time. I do think Bama has a shot and could easily make a top 3 of all time claim this year, depending on how the CCG and playoff go. My only contention is basically the schedule, they have played 3 ranked teams on their schedule, #22 A&M... who I am not sure is a legit top 25 team, but I will allow the AP to decide that. #4 LSU, who I do not believe is a top 10... probably not a top 15 team when it is said and done. They have a solid defense, but offense is suspect and I say both of those statements despite a 74-72 loss to A&M lol. But to be fair, again, I will see where the AP places them when it is said and done. Then we have #16 ranked Mississippi State, who I do believe will finish ranked, but I am not sure if I believe they will be top 15.

I will add a caveat, Bama does still have to play the #5 team, potentially the #4, and then either the #2 or #3 team....with all of that said, I do believe that if this 2018 Bama team continues on their war path... they may have a legitimate shot of topping the 95 Huskers as te greatest college football team of all time and that hurts to admit lol.

Only Clemson can give them a game. Georgia will get closer than 22 points, but will lose.

You've made some good points though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope
Georgia wins they're in
OU wins they're in

Nope. Bama is in no matter what unless they get demolished. Still might get in. Knobgobblers lolz

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oscar just regurgitates what he hears on tv and calls it his analysis. LOL

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oscar just regurgitates what he hears on tv and calls it his analysis. LOL

I haven't heard any of this on tv. I watch a hell of a lot of football. Saturday's I always go at least 12 hours, sometimes more. I also watch other days of the week, when reasonably big games are played. I form my own opinions.

I had Washington State going to the playoffs, 2 weeks ago. That didn't work out, but nobody else had them in.