• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

'The Schenn' Recalled

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not saying i wouldn't strongly consider, and probably enjoy, a hartnell/carle for suter trade

but carle has been damn good so far this year.. perhaps our best d-man (i know, only 5 games).. granted he's always awesome early in the season.. but still, he deserves some credit that he isn't getting on here

That was pretty much my point Awaz everyone hammers the kid when in reality he's played pretty good. Some of that has to do with Pronger but the same goes for suter playing with weber good players make others better and good defensive systems can make dmen and goalies look better than they maybe are as well. I know suter would be great here but there may be a cheaper stay at home like regeir that would have done the same job that's required. Maybe they can find a guy like that in the coming years once Timonen is done but do they need that now? IMO not really.

After all of this Harts may just be traded for a draft pick or prospect and I'm cool with that mainly due to the cap hit...but can they find someone to dance with? Maybe the second chance Flyers (kings). : )

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That was pretty much my point Awaz everyone hammers the kid when in reality he's played pretty good. Some of that has to do with Pronger but the same goes for suter playing with weber good players make others better and good defensive systems can make dmen and goalies look better than they maybe are as well. I know suter would be great here but there may be a cheaper stay at home like regeir that would have done the same job that's required. Maybe they can find a guy like that in the coming years once Timonen is done but do they need that now? IMO not really.

After all of this Harts may just be traded for a draft pick or prospect and I'm cool with that mainly due to the cap hit...but can they find someone to dance with? Maybe the second chance Flyers (kings). : )

Hartnell gets the final say...

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nashville could use a guy like Hartnell. I think with the addition of Carle would get Nashville interested. They would be getting a gritty player who can score more than 20 plus goals and a solid dman as well for Suter. I think it's a win win for both teams. Nashville has plenty of cap space for both contracts. I would do it in a flash. I suspect this rumor with come alive sooner than we think.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There had been talk on hartnell & a d-man(hopefully Carle) for on of nashviles rfa d-men(probably suter). I'm not sure if these talks have died completely now or what, but even if we sent hartnell out and got 2nd(maybe a first depending on team and if anything else were to be moved out) that would solve the F issues and maybe give some minor cap relief.

Bandit where did you see this anyway? I know a few weeks back there was the Anthonys in the Room blog saying Hartnell to Nashville, but that was about Kostitsyn if I recall.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows if this will come close to happening but its fun shooting the shit. I tell you what if the preds continue to struggle you never know. They also have a hard time scoring goals so Harts may be a fit plus he may waive his ntc to go there. I guess we'll see but not sure what happens with the lineup tomorrow. I'm guessing he starts out on the 4th line with Talbot and Nodl.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bandit where did you see this anyway?

I've seen bits and pieces of info all over the place, if you follow the writers on hockeybuzz they've covered the possible Philly Nashville trade extensively. I haven't actually seen in writing Hartnell and Carle for Suter, but things point to that. For instance the writers have been saying that Nashville will have to move one of their big RFA d-men and logic states that Suter would come well before Weber. The asking price for Weber would likely be a franchise player, say a healthy Malkin. One of the Nashville writers had stated that the Preds were looking at a package deal with the flyers for a former 30 G scorer(Hartnell) and a talented young d-man(which I'm hoping they mean Carle). So I guess this is more of an educated inference.

I did state it was a rumor and not and E5 fact.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That trade would be a dream come true for our Flyers, especially if we were able to re-sign Suter. It would also clear enough cap space to play every rookie we want to play, plus potentially make a move at the deadline to acquire a top line forward (or two lesser forwards) assuming we have an injury or two.

I just fucking hate Scotty Hartnell. As it said in that article, since he's joined the Flyers, he leads the Nhl in minor penalties with 192!! I know he's a bit of an agitator, but that is fucking unacceptable, especially for a guy that's averaged only 19 goals over the past couple seasons. We could probably get that production out of Matt Read for God's sake and certainly guys like Voracek, Simmonds or Schenn (and at a much cheaper price). For that matter, I feel that guys like Simmonds and Talbot have already taken away whatever role Hartnell ever played on this team anyway.

I also feel like the guy is much more willing to waive his no-trade clause now that he's sitting on the third line getting only 11 minutes per game. It's only a matter of time before he gets moved.

Last edited by a moderator:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Harts would accept a trade to a team like LA to reunite with Richards and Stevens. Possibly other teams as well. His buddies were traded during the offseason. Not sure if he is still enjoying his stay here. I just wish he would move on, free up cap space, and get a player like a young defenseman in return.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super excited for this, though I was hoping Shelley would be the casualty

ditto.gif

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great thread. Where to start?

Rinaldo out - Shitty in? = Fuck no. Dumb move.

Lines? = Agree with almost everyone....put the useless cock sucker down on the 4th or bench him/her till a trade can be worked out.

Suter Trade = Maaan....I wouldn't give up Carle, but they could have Walker, ******** and maybe Hamels for him. lol

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Great thread. Where to start?

Rinaldo out - Shitty in? = Fuck no. Dumb move.

Lines? = Agree with almost everyone....put the useless cock sucker down on the 4th or bench him/her till a trade can be worked out.

Suter Trade = Maaan....I wouldn't give up Carle, but they could have Walker, ******** and maybe Hamels for him. lol

yes i agree, nashville takes all of our junk and we get a great player in return!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be Schenn up and Harry Z with Rinaldo down.

But is a move that I an simply Google really worth making an "Insider" thing?

EDIT: Fuck youre right...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But is a move that I an simply Google really worth making an "Insider" thing?

EDIT: Fuck youre right...

Disney land lost a lot of viewiers so they must be looking for new ways to captrure viewership.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That trade would be a dream come true for our Flyers, especially if we were able to re-sign Suter. It would also clear enough cap space to play every rookie we want to play, plus potentially make a move at the deadline to acquire a top line forward (or two lesser forwards) assuming we have an injury or two.

I just fucking hate Scotty Hartnell. As it said in that article, since he's joined the Flyers, he leads the Nhl in minor penalties with 192!! I know he's a bit of an agitator, but that is fucking unacceptable, especially for a guy that's averaged only 19 goals over the past couple seasons. We could probably get that production out of Matt Read for God's sake and certainly guys like Voracek, Simmonds or Schenn (and at a much cheaper price). For that matter, I feel that guys like Simmonds and Talbot have already taken away whatever role Hartnell ever played on this team anyway.

I also feel like the guy is much more willing to waive his no-trade clause now that he's sitting on the third line getting only 11 minutes per game. It's only a matter of time before he gets moved.

I think you bring up a key point if Harts is only getting 11 min/gm he can't be too pleased and his trade options may open up a tad. I'm sure the preds are a team he'd go back to and they need scoring...he has put up 30 before so why not? Face it he was a good deal for Philly at the time too but now that they have younger, better, cheaper options he's obsolete here. Although a few bad injuries and we may not feel that way.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"for what it's worth... Schenn centered the 3rd line at yesterday's practice between Hartnell and Read. Couturier centered the forth line between Talbot and Nodl."

Hmmmmm looks like if this is the case they believe Schenn will do more offensively on that 3rd line than Couturier and Couturier can continue playing shut down hockey as well as PK. I'm ok with this not that it matters to Lavy...haha!