• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

'The Schenn' Recalled

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only a matter of time before Danny heats up. Not concerned at all. We have enough depth to not worry so much. He brings his A game when it matters most. I'm okay with that. He will still score plenty.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have my mind on Hartnell. If he was traded, it would probably just be for a pick of somesort or an okay prospect. We already have players ready for the fourth line, and improving our D would make it too good.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There had been talk on hartnell & a d-man(hopefully Carle) for on of nashviles rfa d-men(probably suter). I'm not sure if these talks have died completely now or what, but even if we sent hartnell out and got 2nd(maybe a first depending on team and if anything else were to be moved out) that would solve the F issues and maybe give some minor cap relief.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There had been talk on hartnell & a d-man(hopefully Carle) for on of nashviles rfa d-men(probably suter). I'm not sure if these talks have died completely now or what, but even if we sent hartnell out and got 2nd(maybe a first depending on team and if anything else were to be moved out) that would solve the F issues and maybe give some minor cap relief.

Jesus, I would love Hartnell and Carle for Suter...

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
this is definitely a good "problem" to have when you have 4 lines worth of top 9 players. always a nice thing. i personally don't think they should have called schenn up until someone in the top 9 gets hurt. if the team is playing well (4-0-1)..whats the point of disrupting the team chemistry? don't get me wrong, i'm extremely excited to see schenn play, but at this point i don't see why they had to call him up. they shoul dhave called him up when someone went down and then when that player got healthy again, figure out a way to get him in the lineup. similar to how they handled ville leino 2 years ago. he obviously should have been in the top 9 at the end of the season but he found himself a healthy scratch because the team was playing well and they didnt want to disrupt the top 9

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Harts could be moved but if he can play up to his potential wow this teams potential is through the roof.

Some peeps have been down on Carle but IMO he's played pretty good and is a plus player....would Suter be better? Maybe from a cap standpoint but overall its not a huge difference IMO.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suter is a premier shut down d-man, something that Carle is no near. If suter were on this team in the top 4 we would probably goto full on cup favorites immediately.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suter is a premier shut down d-man, something that Carle is no near. If suter were on this team in the top 4 we would probably goto full on cup favorites immediately.

You may be right and soley from a cap standpoint the Flyers win huge but I doubt that the preds would take on that much salary. I'm just ok with the D as is they are finally healthy and playing good hockey. I'm also not 100% sold on players that come from a D first team of course they all look great but are they that much better in reality?

Weber is great though no doubt about that if you want to talk Dmen I'd go for him!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right and soley from a cap standpoint the Flyers win huge but I doubt that the preds would take on that much salary. I'm just ok with the D as is they are finally healthy and playing good hockey. I'm also not 100% sold on players that come from a D first team of course they all look great but are they that much better in reality?

Weber is great though no doubt about that if you want to talk Dmen I'd go for him!!!

I think that if anything we need to add another shut down d-man, maybe not nessecarily for this year but it definitely couldn't hurt being in one of the tightest divisions of hockey. I'm not going to argue Suter is better then Weber, he's not but Shea is a freak of nature. The part of Weber vs Suter I will discuss is who fits into the long term plan. From solely a cap perspective we could never fit Webers probable $8m a year into the budget for the next 6-7 years while being able to re-sign G, Schenn, Cooter, Read, Coburn, etc. Suter would be more cap friendly at somewhere between $5-6m a year and is a bit younger, plus he'd fill Timonens role after his contract expires. I just see Suter being the better fit looking at our current personal, plus it'd probably take less to get him.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suter is in a contract year and I dont think they can keep him and Weber. Carle and Hartnell is a steal for us but may make sense to Nashville. We can resign him and still have space. Suter is a stay at home guy but that what we can use.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New lines:

Jvr- Giroux - Jagr (Jagr will score this year:juggle:)

Simmonds - Briere - Voracek (Briere and Vorecek just starting to develop chemistry, when it happens, watch out)

Couturier - Schenn - Read (all rookie line with 3 centers)

Hartnell - Talbot - Nodl (I hope Lavy has the balls to put Hartnell here)

Shelley

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am practically drooling on my keyboard reading this

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not saying i wouldn't strongly consider, and probably enjoy, a hartnell/carle for suter trade

but carle has been damn good so far this year.. perhaps our best d-man (i know, only 5 games).. granted he's always awesome early in the season.. but still, he deserves some credit that he isn't getting on here

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a Carle hater, but I still find him the easiest to move of our Dmen, and Id take Suter everyday over Carle.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a Carle hater, but I still find him the easiest to move of our Dmen, and Id take Suter everyday over Carle.

i can agree w/ all that, just wanted to make sure carle didnt feel underappreciated if he were to read this

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i believe both suter and weber are in contract years, suter is a UFA and weber is a RFA. Though somehow weber makes 7.5 this year. Which if we exchanged with nashville we'd pick up like 200k in room for carle/hartnell.

that being said, carle has been good this year. and i am very anti carle ha.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can agree w/ all that, just wanted to make sure carle didnt feel underappreciated if he were to read this

Still working on getting the entire roster on SportsHoopla.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day we will put Read or someone on the 4th line, and my erection willl be no more

PhillyFate48

Pimp by blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
New lines:

Jvr- Giroux - Jagr (Jagr will score this year:juggle:)

Simmonds - Briere - Voracek (Briere and Vorecek just starting to develop chemistry, when it happens, watch out)

Couturier - Schenn - Read (all rookie line with 3 centers)

Hartnell - Talbot - Nodl (I hope Lavy has the balls to put Hartnell here)

Shelley

I like em!

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As a Hartell supporter, we realllly do need to move him. He makes to much money for how much ice time he is getting and he no longer fits on this team.

He was at one time our grittiest player and a big, underrated asset to our team. Now, it would be nice to try and get a return for him or at least his contract off the books so we can sign Giroux for all of eternity.