• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The San Antonio Spurs Thread

How Far Will the San Antonio Spurs Go in 2014?

• Lose in the Quarter Finals.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miss the Playoffs.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
62-20 overall top record in the entire league

12 playoff wins by 15+ points (NBA record likely to be unbroken)

The largest playoff margin of victory differential in league history

It was all luck????

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was all luck????

According to Sportsman, every bit of that is because of one thing......the Thunder didn't have Ibaka for 2 games in that series. :lol:

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs have to be the favorites, but lets see where these big free agents land. Also it'll be interesting how much of a roll rookie Kyle Anderson plays for the spurs this year. Also how much does Kawhi grow

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep telling yourself that, with health Ibaka the spurs would have been dispatched in 6, anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know shit about hoops.

Always loved these people. "If you don't agree with my opinion you're an idiot" The Spurs won three games in San Antonio by an average of 26 points "only an idiot thinks Ibaka would have changed that"

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this thread was about the Spurs?

They did not get lucky in any way and they clearly have the best "program" in the NBA. Whether or not they are able to duplicate their amazing season depends entirely on how healthy they are next May/June. I would never bet against the Spurs at full strength, but at some point, father time is going to shut this thing down.

I think that the gap between them and everyone else will close a little bit next season, but they have to be considered among the favorites.

ROFL...If they can't duplicate it then it was a fluke.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sportsman has excuses.

Spurs have these.....

14-spurs-2003-nba-championship-rings.jpg

This conversation is over.

I found $20 on the ground once too, does that mean I earned it? :lol:

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was all luck????

Yes, because of injuries, inexperience and fatigue of other teams the toughest opponent the Spurs had to face was the Mavs....ROFL...who they almost lost to....LOL

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Sportsman, every bit of that is because of one thing......the Thunder didn't have Ibaka for 2 games in that series. :lol:

Yet another poster with limited knowledge of basketball. You need to stop just reading box scores and actually watch and understand the game. If the Spurs aren't a fluke let them repeat next year.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sportsman has excuses.

Spurs have these.....

14-spurs-2003-nba-championship-rings.jpg

This conversation is over.

Well, he does cheer on a team who's crowning achievement are a handful of Pacific division titles and selfies. So can you blame him for making his excuses? His team is always making excuses. It's nature for him.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always loved these people. "If you don't agree with my opinion you're an idiot" The Spurs won three games in San Antonio by an average of 26 points "only an idiot thinks Ibaka would have changed that"

Hmmmm...didn't Ibaka miss 2 of those games in San Antonio??? I think you proved my point. :lol:

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he does cheer on a team who's crowning achievement are a handful of Pacific division titles and selfies. So can you blame him for making his excuses? His team is always making excuses. It's nature for him.

Nice deflection. I don't remember the Clippers playing the Spurs in the playoffs so why is this relevant??? Oh, because you can't refute that Ibaka would have had a big impact if he were healthy. Carry on then... now tells us how yellow and blue make green and how this relates to the Spurs winning the championship. :lol:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found $20 on the ground once too, does that mean I earned it? :lol:
Comparing finding a 20 dollar bill on the ground to winning the NBA Championship?

Keep going. You are just really doing wonders for your credibility with statements like this.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who cares what a clipper fan says, if the lakers land melo he'll be wearing purple and yellow again by october.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't you wait until about August to make these threads?

I was trying to space them out a little bit so they didn't saturate the board. I started now because the draft is over. I was going to start right after the draft but waited for little bit of free agency movement (agreements, trade agreements). I am starting with teams that we basically know a little bit about and won't likely be changing much.

But yeah, I could've started in August and maybe it'll start out slower than later. I thought people would more likely to participate in the off-season than when summer camps and preseason is getting started. I felt that they would be more substantive threads at that point (August onward). But I thought this was the time to do it.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this thread was about the Spurs?

They did not get lucky in any way and they clearly have the best "program" in the NBA. Whether or not they are able to duplicate their amazing season depends entirely on how healthy they are next May/June. I would never bet against the Spurs at full strength, but at some point, father time is going to shut this thing down.

I think that the gap between them and everyone else will close a little bit next season, but they have to be considered among the favorites.

I am interested in seeing how things evolve. Obviously, they have a system that works, time-tested, and they will not be changing much. But they have had a few big constants like Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker. Those players are special and what they do. But as Duncan is getting older, his numbers are getting lower and that would mean that someone else is taking up the slack. It's a team game.

I'm wondering if someone's going to take over, and not replace Duncan, but to get some more of his production. How important is a big man to them and their system and how important is it that he's a great player? And if they don't get a big replacement, whether that matters much because of their system.

Emphasis: I do not mean losing Duncan "wouldn't matter much," what I am saying is that as they are adjusting to him producing less and less, they are growing as a team and may change a little bit of their philosophy (but not much.) is the NBA changing much?

I'm just interested in seeing how evolution goes. I feel the Spurs are an organization who is building for a perennial winner even when Duncan retires. I may be wrong and they may be going for a top pick at some point, but I feel that they are establishing something perpetual (relatively speaking). A lot of this is dependent on Popovich. He will not be replaced but can he give them some sort of transition? I'm thinking that if he can handpick someone, as GM, to be the coach like Quin Snyder? (Not him of course because he's no head coach of the Jazz, but someone like him?)

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing finding a 20 dollar bill on the ground to winning the NBA Championship?

Keep going. You are just really doing wonders for your credibility with statements like this.

I see you have trouble with concepts. Okay, so if I found a brief case with $1 Million dollars in it, did I earn it???

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who cares what a clipper fan says, if the lakers land melo he'll be wearing purple and yellow again by october.

I was once a Lakers fan until Kobe kicked Shaq out of town, so I'll be back cheering when Kobe retires.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you have trouble with concepts. Okay, so if I found a brief case with $1 Million dollars in it, did I earn it???

Denial.

It's not just a river in Egypt.

If Ibaka was the only reason the Spurs won Games 1 and 2 ....

explain Game 5.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denial.

It's not just a river in Egypt.

If Ibaka was the only reason the Spurs won Games 1 and 2 ....

explain Game 5.

You do realize Ibaka wasn't completely healthy for the entire series, don't you???