• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rise of Klay Thompson

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how much can change in a year, no longer a 2nd year player coming off a lockout year, Klay is emerging as breakout player in his 3rd year.

Taking less shots a game, but shooting at a more efficient clip, his defense has shown leaps in improvement aswell. Credit that to a "healthy Bogut", or AI teaching him better fundamentals, Klay is an impact player.

Something that's stood out to me in the first 10 games, Klay is driving and finishing better at the rim. Folks on this board and other boards thought he wasn't athletic enough , but he's proving many folks wrong.

Sure things, can change, but show Klay some love Dub Nation

:yahoo:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how much can change in a year, no longer a 2nd year player coming off a lockout year, Klay is emerging as breakout player in his 3rd year.

Taking less shots a game, but shooting at a more efficient clip, his defense has shown leaps in improvement aswell. Credit that to a "healthy Bogut", or AI teaching him better fundamentals, Klay is an impact player.

Something that's stood out to me in the first 10 games, Klay is driving and finishing better at the rim. Folks on this board and other boards thought he wasn't athletic enough , but he's proving many folks wrong.

Sure things, can change, but show Klay some love Dub Nation

:yahoo:

It seems that as Curry focuses more on becoming a complete player that Thompson has now become the number one scorer. That's good to see.

gsw_lightning

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be interesting to see Klay at PG and Barnes at SG. Could be an awesome backcourt with size, strength, shooting and defending, while keeping Andre at SF on the court. Might make Curry expendable with his fragile legs.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be interesting to see Klay at PG and Barnes at SG. Could be an awesome backcourt with size, strength, shooting and defending, while keeping Andre at SF on the court. Might make Curry expendable with his fragile legs.

I'll hang on to Curry thanks.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL yeah lets trade a superstar

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team could have 3 all stars this year... I love how thompson how he's developed. A lethal shooter and scorer. And top notch defense! This backcourt is gonna be fun to watch for years to come

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team could have 3 all stars this year... I love how thompson how he's developed. A lethal shooter and scorer. And top notch defense! This backcourt is gonna be fun to watch for years to come

If those three are Klay, Steph, and Iggy.

Avi is a faux all-star.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like his on-court demeanor as well. He seems calm, cool and collected.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curry's a great player. We need to hang onto him as long as possible.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SMH, how did you guys turn this into a flame war, and a Curry Appreciation thread?

Getting back on topic, Klay a top 10 two way SF in this league?

Given the fact that he's still on his rookie deal $2.3 mil this year, $ per $, which other SF would you rather have?

I'll put my homer googles down and wait for an answer.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SMH, how did you guys turn this into a flame war, and a Curry Appreciation thread?

Getting back on topic, Klay a top 10 two way SF in this league?

Given the fact that he's still on his rookie deal $2.3 mil this year, $ per $, which other SF would you rather have?

I'll put my homer googles down and wait for an answer.

Klay isn't our SF though

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay isn't our SF though

Fair enough SG/SF, its basically the same thing on this team.

I would still say Klay is a top 10 way 2-guard $ for $. (2 mil year this)

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as I start singing his praise, he goes 6-17 tonight and looked like a volume shooter.

Against Smaller defenders Burks/Hayward/Harris, Klay should have just faced up and went into triple threat mode ala Barnes did most of the night, but instead he settled for junk most of the night.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost in his 30 pt performance from Klay 11/23,

Silly fouls. KT went 8 for 9 from the field in the 1st half, and ended up 10-13.

With Andre on the bench, and Steph coming back from injury, Klay should have done his best to stay on the court. The one stupid foul that comes to mind is trying to steal an inbound pass only to get whistled for a foul in the 3rd.

He's on the cusp, but is still games like this make you want to pull your hair out

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as I start singing his praise, he goes 6-17 tonight and looked like a volume shooter.

Against Smaller defenders Burks/Hayward/Harris, Klay should have just faced up and went into triple threat mode ala Barnes did most of the night, but instead he settled for junk most of the night.

When Klay get's a small quick guy on him, he should either post up or turn and shoot. No need to get fancy.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would still be nice to see Klay develop his handles and attack the paint more. I know he's that more than last season, but there are times where he just shoots instead of trying to attack the hole, especially on those rare nights where he's struggling from the outside.