• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Return of the Nordiques?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was pretty apparent when the league went to the unbalanced conferences. The question now is, if the expansion teams really are going to be Seattle and Quebec City, which EC team gets moved to the Western Conference?

columbus...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was pretty apparent when the league went to the unbalanced conferences. The question now is, if the expansion teams really are going to be Seattle and Quebec City, which EC team gets moved to the Western Conference?

They can't really do that because they made such a show about making "Eastern" teams be in the EST time zone for uniformity sake. And it wasn't because Illytch cried. No. Not at all. It was time zones.

So, if it is Quebec - either we have MORE unbalanced conferences, or the league looks like liars and lap dogs.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After giving it some thought, why do they have to be eastern and western conferences? Why not Northen and Southern* conferences? Of course, time zones would probably have to be changed to go from North to South too.

*the capitization of these subconsciously tricks your brain into thinking its a wise idea

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
easier to push around the "new" guy....

Or easier to cave to the whims of the pizza guy. Same diff.

I do think eventually, Florida will move. Either to Quebec or to the west if Quebec gets an expansion team. Kansas City or Milwaukee or some such place.

The balancing of conferences will be escalated rather quickly should NYR, Detroit or Toronto miss the playoffs by a close margin. The race is crazy tight right now.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think there should be 16 divisions of two - first place makes the playoffs, second doesn't. Every year, the divisions are matched up depending on the prior year's rankings - 1 and 2, 3 and 4, etc. (This way, a horrible team like the Oilers even has a shot of making the playoffs as they will be in a division with the team that finishes in second to last place).

Of the eight division winners in each conference, they are seeded accordingly 1 through 8 for the playoffs. Then the playoffs are a straight bracket 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5 in each conference. Playoff series of course would involve a money in the bank game for each conference's champion to be used at any time before the Finals, provided the other team didn't invoke it's guest official for that game.

I see no negatives to my proposal - 16 division winners a year, more opportunities to put up banners and the opportunity to come up with a bunch of new division names that can rival the metropolitan division for excellence.

Don't hate me because I'm a visionary.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what Detroit thinks, move them back to the West and put Quebec City in that division - Detroit has played in the West long enough, they can deal with it

Florida isn't moving either so forget about that

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think there should be 16 divisions of two - first place makes the playoffs, second doesn't. Every year, the divisions are matched up depending on the prior year's rankings - 1 and 2, 3 and 4, etc. (This way, a horrible team like the Oilers even has a shot of making the playoffs as they will be in a division with the team that finishes in second to last place).

Of the eight division winners in each conference, they are seeded accordingly 1 through 8 for the playoffs. Then the playoffs are a straight bracket 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5 in each conference. Playoff series of course would involve a money in the bank game for each conference's champion to be used at any time before the Finals, provided the other team didn't invoke it's guest official for that game.

I see no negatives to my proposal - 16 division winners a year, more opportunities to put up banners and the opportunity to come up with a bunch of new division names that can rival the metropolitan division for excellence.

The company that makes the division championship banners, the tee shirt & hat manufacturers will love it. Now that I see it laid out like that it's kinda suprising Bettman hasn't instituted the 2 team division plan yet!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the type of idea that this board, no this sport needs. No one can argue agains this.

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we get a team in Auburn Hills? It's slightly more West than Detroit, but I don't mind if we put it in the Eastern Conference anyway. I don't like driving downtown.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only a forum pigeon would crap on this post.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donald fehr in the cesspool talking about taking the league transatlantic in the next 10 to 15 years

Bit of a jawdropper or posturing to keep his union members in the Olympics?