• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Redskins are hot and heavy after Vincent Jackson....

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with Bowe being tagged, Jackson is definitely the best option available at WR in FA. Colston would be a nice backup plan and is a very good one if he doesnt stay injured half the damn year. Many are saying the nailing down of the RG3 trade was crucial going into FA..for the reason of attracting a good WR, and some other good players. We all know Snyder has the $$$. Would love to see us get Jackson, first and foremost, resign Fletcher (will happen), get a nice OL and CB in FA..supplement in the draft and pickup another CB/OL. I'm looking forward to another active FA by Shanny and Co.

EDIT..that is if we can now afford all of these guys..WTF!!! I want to scream!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...s-washington-redskins-lose-millions-cap-space

Last edited by a moderator:

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reposting from the Water Cooler:

Bruce Motha F***ing Allen:

“The Washington Redskins have received no written documentation from the NFL concerning adjustments to the team salary cap in 2012 as reported in various media outlets. Every contract entered into by the club during the applicable periods complied with the 2010 and 2011 collective bargaining agreements and, in fact, were approved by the NFL commissioner’s office. We look forward to free agency, the draft and the coming football season.”

Statement from... | Facebook

NFL removes cap space | Washington Examiner

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the part that gets me:

"Every contract entered into by the club during the applicable periods complied with the 2010 and 2011 collective bargaining agreements and, in fact, were approved by the NFL commissioner's office," Allen said.

and then later:

But according to one NFL source, who was in a front office in 2010, other teams were upset with both the Redskins and Cowboys for their maneuverings with the 2010 salary cap. He said the league was "emphatic" about how it wanted contracts structured.

-------

So even though what the Skins did was done properly at the time, because other teams whined, the commissioners office wants to reprimand us 2 years later? Fuck that.