• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Records...

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a bit of power rankings.

OKC has very quietly moved into the #1 overall seed by half a game after winning 8 in a row.

POR is tied although they have played 2 more games and then IND and SA tied for 3rd and MIA in 5th place with in 1.5 games of OKC and POR.

Then LAC and HOU @4 and 5 games back respectively which I think slightly under defines the drop off in team strength.

Of those top 7 teams I consider 3 to be serious title contenders (OKC, IND, MIA).

In the West OKC is the only team I think that is coming out of the west if nothing changes, mainly injuries and trades.

POR is really good right now but they have to show me they can bang in the playoffs and even keep up this play later in the year when the scheduling is less favorable.

HOU needs to acquire a really good F or 2 better than average upgrades at the 2, 3 or 4, most likely this can happen by trading Asik which I have no idea why they didn't with all that Boston was offering.

I am of course as always discounting SA because I do not believe their bench play will hold up in the playoffs and I have doubts their aging stars can give 42 playoff production minutes per game. SA has yet to beat a team in the top 7, this is a testament to their bench play will get a lot of wins now, but they are not going to get a lot of wins in the playoffs. Let's also not forget that healthy OKC was an absolute western buzz saw and SA never would have seen the finals if Westbrook stays healthy. All that said, it is awesome what SA is doing, just look at the minutes played and production of each player. Pop is putting each player in positions to succeed and it is working, be it through rotations, plays called, preparation and whatever other magic he is working, the man is the so good it looks like magic.

Back to OKC, they are going to be the next SA until SA truly rebuilds. They are in a small market and will build cheaply through the draft and never receive the media attention they deserve, although that could be a good thing because the more I see of golden boy Durant the less I believe his nerd glasses and backpack routine. Wouldn't him getting busted doing some thug shit be a real black eye for the league?

Honorable mention to Phoenix who is vastly better than anybody expected, props. They have a great young team with a lot of draft picks. Their coach looks really good and they should be special in a couple of years.

There isn't much to say in the East. Atlanta is right where they always are but thanks to the E league this earns them the 3 seed. The Pistons have some young talent and I expect them to grab a playoff spot in the 6-4 range. Boston is over achieving and when Rondo comes back they should grab the 3 or 4 seed. Everyone complains about the eastern strength but that 3 to lottery seed race is wide open!!! :D

On to the Beasts of the E-League...I like the Heat in a 7 game series especially if the games are called fairly, particularly in relation to Hibbert. The Pacers have played above their heads every game they played the Heat and the Heat have been absolutely horrible from behind the arc missing wide open looks which is not only their strength but should be better in the playoffs as I predict Beasley will be starting. Beasley is the UD jumper with Battier's 3p shot and he can drive. He will make West work all game on the defensive end as well as move him away from the basket to help with rebounding and driving for the rest of the team. Pace and Space baby, Pace, and, Space.

Thoughts?

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are these your personel power rankings? I'm still not completely buying what Portland is selling.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are these your personel power rankings? I'm still not completely buying what Portland is selling.

The top 7 are by the standings then I go into depth not really ranking them just predicting the end result.

We agree on POR.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs are not title contenders?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs are not title contenders?

I might even put them behind all 3 POR, HOU and LAC tbh. They rely on their bench a lot and I know that will save their older stars for a playoff push I just do not think they are going to be able to play 42 minutes against the younger talented teams.

I know I short change them a lot but they get bounced in 4 to OKC if OKC is healthy last year and then my out look looks less crazy.

I also think the Heat's last 2 series were less than legitimately refereed. I am working on that thread as well.