• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The REAL toll deflate gate is taking on Tom Brady and Gisele...

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeflateGate Suspicions Could Impact Tom Bradys Entry Into Exclusive Country Club CBS Boston

BOSTON (CBS) — How far is too far?

We’re about to find out.

The iron fist of Roger Goodell has already cost Tom Brady a months-long headache, and the commissioner may end up costing Brady four games in the upcoming NFL season. Considering the soon-to-be 38-year-old Brady only has a few seasons left in his career, that’s a hefty, hefty punishment.

But the decisions of Goodell clearly cause much more harm than most of us could have ever imagined, as we learned in The Boston Globe on Wednesday.

As it turns out, the negative attention thrown at Brady since January may end up costing the superstar and his supermodel wife their chance of being accepted into an exclusive Boston country club.

Oh, the humanity.

Will the light never shine on this dear martyr of society?

Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen in May 2014 (Photo by Mike Coppola/Getty Images)

The Globe’s Mark Shanahan explored the plight of New England’s quarterback in his quest to gain access to The Country Club in Brookline. The article explains that it’s nearly impossible for anyoneto be admitted to the special club of the city’s elite, and that Brady’s status as a local sportshero and Gisele Bundchen’s status as a world-famous supermodel with hundreds of millions of dollars won’t help the couple sway the folks in charge of admissions.

So it’s hard enough to get into this club, but the uphill climb grew even steeper for Brady, thanks to Goodell, Ted Wells and DeflateGate.

“What may work against the couple, members say, is the media frenzy following Brady in the aftermath of Deflategate,” Shanahan wrote.

Everyone knows — once you lose the members, you’re as good as done.

“As part of the process,” Shanahan continued, “applicants also have to schmooze with the dozen or so members of the admissions committee at a cocktail reception held at the club. Applicants’ names are circulated among all the members, but the admissions committee finally decides.”

The odds will be stacked against Tom as he attempts to schmooze, as the members of the admissions committee will only have in their minds the possibility that some footballs might have had slightly less air than normal in them for one half of a football game in which Brady and the Patriots won by 38 points. For any sane human, that’s an enormous mental roadblock, one that figures to stonewall Brady’s chances of admission.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yawn. Is training camp starting yet?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heaven forbid the media take up valuable parking spaces at The Club trying to get at Brady. I think he receives a rejection.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More proof u dont know football... as if anymore was needed. lol
you mean like "flacco has a home field advantage in foxboro" when hes 2-2 there in the playoffs?

like that?

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean like "flacco has a home field advantage in foxboro" when hes 2-2 there in the playoffs?

like that?

I didnt want to be the first one to tell you this but .500 at home in the playoffs is terrible. Especially when the rest of the league is a hapless .800 in losing in Foxboro. 50/50 basically means your crowd means nothing. sinking in at all or are u still lost?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if the Boston Globb says so..................:rolleyes2:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt want to be the first one to tell you this but .500 at home in the playoffs is terrible. Especially when the rest of the league is a hapless .800 in losing in Foxboro. 50/50 basically means your crowd means nothing. sinking in at all or are u still lost?
".500 is an advantage"

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh...He probably cheats at golf anyway...

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey just a side note,

did you know that the Greatest Of All Time doesn't have a losing record against a single one of the other 31 NFL teams?:nod:

:yes::yes:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady has aged tremendously well. I bet he smells terrific. Can anyone confirm this?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could anyone possibly smell bad sleeping next to Giselle every night??

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guy is sticking his hands in the crotch of a 300lb man for at least 16 days out of the year, I'm not willing to wager anything.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know what I would smell like if I was him...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeflateGate Suspicions Could Impact Tom Bradys Entry Into Exclusive Country Club CBS Boston

BOSTON (CBS) — How far is too far?

We’re about to find out.

The iron fist of Roger Goodell has already cost Tom Brady a months-long headache, and the commissioner may end up costing Brady four games in the upcoming NFL season. Considering the soon-to-be 38-year-old Brady only has a few seasons left in his career, that’s a hefty, hefty punishment.

But the decisions of Goodell clearly cause much more harm than most of us could have ever imagined, as we learned in The Boston Globe on Wednesday.

As it turns out, the negative attention thrown at Brady since January may end up costing the superstar and his supermodel wife their chance of being accepted into an exclusive Boston country club.

Oh, the humanity.

Will the light never shine on this dear martyr of society?

Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen in May 2014 (Photo by Mike Coppola/Getty Images)

The Globe’s Mark Shanahan explored the plight of New England’s quarterback in his quest to gain access to The Country Club in Brookline. The article explains that it’s nearly impossible for anyoneto be admitted to the special club of the city’s elite, and that Brady’s status as a local sportshero and Gisele Bundchen’s status as a world-famous supermodel with hundreds of millions of dollars won’t help the couple sway the folks in charge of admissions.

So it’s hard enough to get into this club, but the uphill climb grew even steeper for Brady, thanks to Goodell, Ted Wells and DeflateGate.

“What may work against the couple, members say, is the media frenzy following Brady in the aftermath of Deflategate,” Shanahan wrote.

Everyone knows — once you lose the members, you’re as good as done.

“As part of the process,” Shanahan continued, “applicants also have to schmooze with the dozen or so members of the admissions committee at a cocktail reception held at the club. Applicants’ names are circulated among all the members, but the admissions committee finally decides.”

The odds will be stacked against Tom as he attempts to schmooze, as the members of the admissions committee will only have in their minds the possibility that some footballs might have had slightly less air than normal in them for one half of a football game in which Brady and the Patriots won by 38 points. For any sane human, that’s an enormous mental roadblock, one that figures to stonewall Brady’s chances of admission.
Shit any country golf club that feels they are too good for Gesele and Brady got to be whacked. That is all!

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit any country golf club that feels they are too good for Gesele and Brady got to be whacked. That is all!

Harold, this particular one is beyond exclusive.

My guess is they tell him no so they don't have to deal with the paparazzi