• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

'The Real Rocky'

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
First of all I should admit that I'm a huge Rocky fan, one of my favorite movies of all time. Last night ESPN aired 'the Real Rocky' which tells the story of Chuck Wepner, who was the inspiration for Stallone to write 'Rocky'. Wepner was given a shot to fight Ali at the height of his power...hence the appllo/rocky story line. Actually knocked ali down during the fight. Anyway it was just fuckin phenomenal. I continue to maintain that after 'Breaking Bad' ESPN docs are the best thing on TV. Stallone also used other Wepner story lines in the Rocky sequals (i.e. Wepner fought Andre teh Giant...Rocky with hulk 'thunderlips' Hogan). Stallone IMO shoulda kept with the Wepner storyline. He did a ton of blow and whoring around down on the jersey shore. Eventually did a stint for possesion and attempt to distribute coke. This storyline dwarfs the 'Tommygun' plot of Rocky V. Anyway, if you get a chance check it out. Good stuff and highly recommended.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
[This season's Breaking Bad was MONEY! (the other seasons I found pretty slow)]

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not even to this season yet. We DVR'd them when AMC was airing all the seasons overnights. I think we're on season 3. We're sucked in. I'll say best show after 'the Sopranos' and 'the Wire'. Love it.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's always a plus, not having to wait a week to watch the next episode. It won't seem as slow that way.

I never watched The Sopranos but The Wire was probably my all-time favorite. I'm also a big fan of Sons of Anarchy.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved Wepner's nickname.....the Bayonne bleeder......now that's a real pug's nickname.....

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rocky V did not happen...Rocky V did not happen!

ROCKY V DID NOT HAPPEN!

:frusty:

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had it DVR'd (the real rocky) and watched it last night. Very good show.

+1 for Sons of Anarchy. Damn good show. I'm also presently hooked on the walking dead on AMC. The first 2 seasons of Damages was very good also but the last season was just OK IMHO

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had it DVR'd (the real rocky) and watched it last night. Very good show.

+1 for Sons of Anarchy. Damn good show. I'm also presently hooked on the walking dead on AMC. The first 2 seasons of Damages was very good also but the last season was just OK IMHO

Damages went downhill very quickly. It's unwatchable now.

We're loving the Walking Dead. We love anything AMC does. AMC and HBO actually. You can't miss with their original programming.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damages went downhill very quickly. It's unwatchable now.

We're loving the Walking Dead. We love anything AMC does. AMC and HBO actually. You can't miss with their original programming.

I thought the 1st 2 seasons were good. Agree it's gotten bad. I also thought that falling skies was a good series. I don't remember what network did that one. I had all 11 episodes DVR'd and just finally watched it this month, as summer is pretty busy up here. I thought it was a damn good storyline, but the acting was not the greatest. That show would be unwatchable without DVR. I swear there was a commercial every 5 min.

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not even to this season yet. We DVR'd them when AMC was airing all the seasons overnights. I think we're on season 3. We're sucked in. I'll say best show after 'the Sopranos' and 'the Wire'. Love it.

I keep hearing this show is the shit! I need to go to my Video On Demand (Comcast) and queue em up....You're about the 50th person to mention how good this show is...What day does it come on or has the season ended?

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PRetty sure the last season ended which I think was the 4th. It airs Sunday night on AMC. Last year they re-ran all the seasons during their late night time slots so hopefully they'll do that again. Before you know it your DVR list will just read 'Breaking Bad'

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch The League, hilarious show. Watched through the entire series of Numbers, again amazing show.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league is funny as hell. That show pushes the envelope of what you can get away with on TV, even for cable.