• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The real Blockbuster fight. Mayweather Vs Glolovkin

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget about Manny, this is the real blockbuster fight.

Golovkin's trainer made comments that his fighter would drop weight to fight Mayweather (link) even before he won his fight this past weekend.

This guy is a nightmare and I would not be surprised if Mayweather would avoid him.

Sanchez: Golovkin Would Go To 154 For Mayweather - Boxing News

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. This would be a great fight. One of the few Floyd fights that would be interesting, which is why it will never happen, despite him wanting to "give the fans what they want" (cuz we all wanted to see him beat up an old Shane Mosley, fight Maidana again, etc.)

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want Floyd to fight someone worth while then tell all his fans to stop buying these dumb ass fights. 'Hey, I'm going to pay 60 bucks to see Floyd whoop on a fighter who's far from championship caliber, duhhh, he's the greatest'

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayweather Sr. Already said it would be Stupid for Mayweather to fight GGG.He says Mayweather can still drop down to 140 & GGG fights at 160. He says GGG is to big for Mayweather & it would be stupid to fight him.

So I wouldn't get any expectations for Mayweather to fight GGG.

Mayweather is more interested in retiring undefeated. You wont see him take on any questionable fights.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GGG is a great fight not sure he would be Mayweather. Who's the quality fighter he has beaten. In fairness his pedigree of fighters he has fault is kind of anemic. I'm a fan of both guys. Why is it consider to be ducking a guy who naturally fights at 160? Some of you guys want to just see a fight that heavily favors the other fighter so you can then point out that he's a fraud. Makes no sense. We've seen guys try to bully Mayweather we've seen guys try and press him as well...all have failed. GGG isn't slow of foot but I don't see him having the boxing skills to match FM. I would still pay to see this fight.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GGG is a great fight not sure he would be Mayweather. Who's the quality fighter he has beaten. In fairness his pedigree of fighters he has fault is kind of anemic. I'm a fan of both guys. Why is it consider to be ducking a guy who naturally fights at 160? Some of you guys want to just see a fight that heavily favors the other fighter so you can then point out that he's a fraud. Makes no sense. We've seen guys try to bully Mayweather we've seen guys try and press him as well...all have failed. GGG isn't slow of foot but I don't see him having the boxing skills to match FM. I would still pay to see this fight.

I would counter with this....... Floyd lives by not being allowed to get the ring cut off.
I cant think of one fighter better than GGG at cutting off the ring. That is where the fight would be won or lost by either of them.

BTW I am not saying mayweather is ducking GGG. I agree with Mayweather Sr. It would be stupid. Not fair just because Mayweather is outclassing everyone in his weight area to bring in an even bigger fighter until the advantage swings.
There was a guy that had fought at 175 who came down to fight GGG talked a lot of shit said he was used to being hit by much bigger fighters (& stronger) than GGG, & GGG had no chance to hurt him. Also GGG never fought a guy as big or strong as him. He planned to KO GGG.
It took all of the 2nd round for GGG to drop him, which BTW he had the funniest (surprise look) on his face I ever seen a fighter get knocked looking like LOL. a few rounds later they stopped the fight in the corner.
I remember Cotto getting to Floyd. Who also knows how to cut off a ring. If GGG got Floyd in that position. I don't think the fight goes the distance. GGG has power that hurts fighters that can fight at 175. Not right for a 147 lber to fight him.

Also all of the big name fighters has had a chance to fight GGG. None of them want him. They are pretty intelligent about the quality of a fighter. Has to be a reason he might be the most avoided fighter in boxing right now. (well there is Kovalev who you have to be insane to want to fight right now LOL)

GGG isn't looking for Mayweather however. He wants to take out all the 160 champions. I remember when there was at most 3 belts in a division. Now there is a ton!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want Floyd to fight someone worth while then tell all his fans to stop buying these dumb ass fights. 'Hey, I'm going to pay 60 bucks to see Floyd whoop on a fighter who's far from championship caliber, duhhh, he's the greatest'

:agree:

I actually only paid for one floyd fight ever which was his fight against Oscar or Zab (can't remember)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good point but after his last fight he said he wants Cotto. I think the winner of that fight (if it happens) should get Floyd but knowing Floyd he would opt to fight Amir Khan instead :lame:

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point but after his last fight he said he wants Cotto. I think the winner of that fight (if it happens) should get Floyd but knowing Floyd he would opt to fight Amir Khan instead :lame:
a quote from Freddie on GGG, who I guess scouted him from the audience his last fight.

Roach also talked about how impressed he was with GGG ability to cut off the ring and his overall ring generalship. “He knows how to cut the ring off. I am more impressed with that than anything because it’s something not enough fighters know how to do. He has been taught well. I have Cotto doing that well too”, said Roach.

BTW Roach says he has no problem with Cotto fighting GGG. Don't know if it is a negotiating tactic he is using on Canelo's people, but I can see Freddie being confident in Cotto.

The bad thing for me in a Cotto vs. GGG match up is one of them would have to lose :(
I am a big fan of both.

Also if Mayweather fights Amir Khan next, that will be super lame. I agree.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a quote from Freddie on GGG, who I guess scouted him from the audience his last fight.

Roach also talked about how impressed he was with GGG ability to cut off the ring and his overall ring generalship. “He knows how to cut the ring off. I am more impressed with that than anything because it’s something not enough fighters know how to do. He has been taught well. I have Cotto doing that well too”, said Roach.

BTW Roach says he has no problem with Cotto fighting GGG. Don't know if it is a negotiating tactic he is using on Canelo's people, but I can see Freddie being confident in Cotto.

The bad thing for me in a Cotto vs. GGG match up is one of them would have to lose :(
I am a big fan of both.

Also if Mayweather fights Amir Khan next, that will be super lame. I agree.

here's when you guys will call me an idiot...Khan IMO because of his style and speed might give F.M. a good fight. here's why Floyd isn't really looking for the K.O. and though he's the most accurate puncher ever he seems to have avg to slightly above avg power. Styles make fights and though Khan has no chin he's hella fast and can bring it. This shouldn't even be a pay-per-view fight but because it's F.M. it would be. So this reason alone I hope it's not going to happen.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's when you guys will call me an idiot...Khan IMO because of his style and speed might give F.M. a good fight. here's why Floyd isn't really looking for the K.O. and though he's the most accurate puncher ever he seems to have avg to slightly above avg power. Styles make fights and though Khan has no chin he's hella fast and can bring it. This shouldn't even be a pay-per-view fight but because it's F.M. it would be. So this reason alone I hope it's not going to happen.

for the reasons you state is the exact reason I think it would be a horrible fight to watch.
Khans strengths are the same ones Floyd has. Only Floyd is better at all of khans strengths.
Floyd will do to Khan what he did to Canelo only worse, with no threat of being hit by any power. Khan would be tailor made for Floyd to spar with LOL.

I guess you can get excited about a possible Floyd KO over Khan, but the fight brings no suspense at all.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the reasons you state is the exact reason I think it would be a horrible fight to watch.
Khans strengths are the same ones Floyd has. Only Floyd is better at all of khans strengths.
Floyd will do to Khan what he did to Canelo only worse, with no threat of being hit by any power. Khan would be tailor made for Floyd to spar with LOL.

I guess you can get excited about a possible Floyd KO over Khan, but the fight brings no suspense at all.

You might be right. I just like watching this dude fight.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would pay to watch GGG destroy Mayweather and I'm from Michigan..

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Floyd can fight GGG or Pac and "give the fans what they want." Or he can do what he usually does and fight someone we all know he'll beat and provides very little interest to true boxing fans.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's Floyd's MO johnson.. His only challenges are the various women he beats.. Not so much his boxing matches.. Sorry for the low blow but I had to do it..

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real blockbuster fights Mayweather has no interest in. Those days are long gone.