• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Mack Trade

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this was it. The last of the fallout from the deal we made.

Simply put.... would you do it again?

Personally, I would absolutely trade for our HOF edge rusher again. I think he's lived up to the "franchise changing" haul we gave up for him. We are 20-12 with a division title since we made that trade and I 500% believe he has directly correlated with that. It's not his fault that we fell short last year.

Comparing it to the Cutler or Mirer trades doesn't make it a good deal, in itself. However, if you want to go back into our history. This is the one we got right.

That being said... you did hear some whispers leading up to this weekend of "Yeah, we don't have a 1st pick because Ryan Pace is our GM" etc.

Quite simply put, to this Bears fan. A 1st round pick and a 1st/2nd swap (with some mid-round maneuvering) is a bargain for a generational talent like Khalil Mack. What are the odds of a drafting a guy like him in the first round in either of the past two years? Slim. I would make that deal again 10 out of 10 times.

I'll never forget watching him do what he did in that first game vs GB and then watching him strip sack Wilson the next week. Thinking to myself "Good god... We didn't give ENOUGH for this animal."

What do you think?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd do it again, no questions asked. And this is from a guy who strongly believes in building thru the draft. The key to Mack's success or lack thereof this year will be Robert Quinn. Mack now has a pass rusher on the opposite side of him who will help take off the double/triple team pressure he receives.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think, Mack and Quinn will give O coordinator's nightmares during the season. I have no issues with the trade, would do it again. However, revisiting the Trubisky pick....

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think, Mack and Quinn will give O coordinator's nightmares during the season. I have no issues with the trade, would do it again. However, revisiting the Trubisky pick....

It's really something, isn't it?

Getting that pick wrong is the difference between us winning Super Bowls and us talking about firing an entire regime.

It's really something, man.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EVERYBODY was saying this was a win trade for the Bears and Gruden got a lot of shit for it and still does.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EVERYBODY was saying this was a win trade for the Bears and Gruden got a lot of shit for it and still does.

It depends on what he turns these draft picks into.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do it again and again. Then a few more times.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s a win/win for the Bears (Mack brought some life back to the Bears) and Raiders (start clean and build a through the draft, they’re young and on the rise)

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's worth it for Mack alone. He transformed our defense into an absolute powerhouse. The effect he has on the entire D is hard to quantify thanks to all the attention he draws. Then on top of that we get possibly a really good tight end in Kmet as well? Dang.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack was the perfect pickup at the time. Had our QB panned out we'd be right in the thick of everything, and even with our offense being inept we were average because of his presence. No regrets.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack was the perfect pickup at the time. Had our QB panned out we'd be right in the thick of everything, and even with our offense being inept we were average because of his presence. No regrets.

Can't help but wonder how different things might be if that stupid cunt would've made that goddamned kick against the Eagles.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't help but wonder how different things might be if that stupid cunt would've made that goddamned kick against the Eagles.

We would have lost-most likely the following week. In retrospect, I have little doubt. Mitch can't do sh*t vs. good teams. No way we could keep putting up scores in the teens every other game (with the high end being low-mid 20s) and run the table.

Still doesn't make it hurt less though...because...

po7dJMWkBYNob_YJHxmmpQbYrr24-YqLyMbxne8xcsDV4Qdk9nFBARF2vy1V-IOtp85L1qZMu3Ub8TR3FSVgoGzta2nf40u3rPfIG5ruuxnSLf-kskpHWxxJFQ7HuE4EAY92eBVtt1XBOyCpu4XWxq96HFl73T1I_DY

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would have lost-most likely the following week. In retrospect, I have little doubt. Mitch can't do sh*t vs. good teams. No way we could keep putting up scores in the teens every other game (with the high end being low-mid 20s) and run the table.

Still doesn't make it hurt less though...because...

po7dJMWkBYNob_YJHxmmpQbYrr24-YqLyMbxne8xcsDV4Qdk9nFBARF2vy1V-IOtp85L1qZMu3Ub8TR3FSVgoGzta2nf40u3rPfIG5ruuxnSLf-kskpHWxxJFQ7HuE4EAY92eBVtt1XBOyCpu4XWxq96HFl73T1I_DY

We would not have lost in LAR, IMO. Our D that year was their kryptonite. We would have lost in NO, I think.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're bad at math and you should send Jon Gruden a fruit basket...?

:dhd::dhd::dhd:

I'll send you a fruit basket for the girl's number in your avatar.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would not have lost in LAR, IMO. Our D that year was their kryptonite. We would have lost in NO, I think.

Mitch, over 2 games vs them in 18 and 19, threw the ball 73 times for 300 yards, 2 TDs and 4 picks...Yowza.

I can't possibly say that we would have beat LA. I mean, could we have? Sure. Because they turned into us vs. us. As you said, our D would have made it competitive...but would we have? It's pretty moot though, because we can definitely see in retrospect weren't winning 3 straight (2 on the road) vs LA/NO/NE though.

Granted, I still hate Cody Parkey. Because we should have seen it anyway.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch, over 2 games vs them in 18 and 19, threw the ball 73 times for 300 yards, 2 TDs and 4 picks...Yowza.

I can't possibly say that we would have beat LA. I mean, could we have? Sure. Because they turned into us vs. us. As you said, our D would have made it competitive...but would we have? It's pretty moot though, because we can definitely see in retrospect weren't winning 3 straight (2 on the road) vs LA/NO/NE though.

Granted, I still hate Cody Parkey. Because we should have seen it anyway.

Yeah, but I think Jared Goff was even worse or close to it. Plus, we were sans Trev/Hicks in 2019.

I mean, I don't see how they really pull it off against us that year in the Divisional round. Our D was too perfectly matched up against them and we would have gotten Eddie Jackson back for that game. They were full blown into their downfall already by December of that season. That little run to get into the SB was such a joke.

Starting with when we blew their doors off - the Rams became the team we all saw last year. Our team was in a very different place at that point in 18 than in 19 when we played them. Our offense actually functioned at a baseline level. If you remember, we ran the ball real well that game.

I just think that matchup of the Rams offense vs our D in 2018 was one of those cases where you could give them 100 chances and they'll never score on us. Every one of their weaknesses was a glaring strength for us. Perfect storm.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I think Jared Goff was even worse or close to it. Plus, we were sans Trev/Hicks in 2019.

I mean, I don't see how they really pull it off against us that year in the Divisional round. Our D was too perfectly matched up against them and we would have gotten Eddie Jackson back for that game. They were full blown into their downfall already by December of that season. That little run to get into the SB was such a joke.

Starting with when we blew their doors off - the Rams became the team we all saw last year. Our team was in a very different place at that point in 18 than in 19 when we played them. Our offense actually functioned at a baseline level. If you remember, we ran the ball real well that game.

I just think that matchup of the Rams offense vs our D in 2018 was one of those cases where you could give them 100 chances and they'll never score on us. Every one of their weaknesses was a glaring strength for us. Perfect storm.

I smell what you're cookin'. If we had a strong running game performance, then yeah that would probably give us the edge. Let's be honest, their home field advantage is nil. I'm actually pretty sad we didn't get to see that place turn into Soldier West for a playoff game. :(