• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rangers finish out the homestand: June 5-7

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times has it happened this year and how many more times do you expect it to happen this year? To this extent, I mean? And not on the day they travel, but the day before an off day
I fully expected Leon to play with Gray and Smith to get a start. Other thing is he tried to load the lineup with LHBs. So Janks plays

Unless you never plan to start your bench this made sense to me. The only one I wish has played was Zeke over Grossman.

Miller did not play. So wondering what is up there

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that playing it the way we did is a legitimate strategy. I also get that it is legitimate to disagree that it is the correct way.

What I don't get is the folks on Twitter and other places who take it personally when someone even suggests it could have been the wrong strategy.

No one owes any manager or GM blind allegiance 100% of the time no matter what he decides to do. Even folks who agree with a manager only 98% of the time can be a fan of the manager and the team.
I have no problem with this. Yeah Bochy is not infallible nor is CY. There is though alot of overreacting which I choose not to take too seriously. We all want to point out what we would like to see done. That’s part of making it fun.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with this. Yeah Bochy is not infallible nor is CY. There is though alot of overreacting which I choose not to take too seriously. We all want to point out what we would like to see done. That’s part of making it fun.
Yep, baseball is a talking sport. If everyone agreed on everything there wouldn't be much talking left to do.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expected Leon to play with Gray and Smith to get a start. Other thing is he tried to load the lineup with LHBs. So Janks plays

Unless you never plan to start your bench this made sense to me. The only one I wish has played was Zeke over Grossman.

Miller is on the DL.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably makes more sense but they might have thought that coming back from an oblique injury that a 2-day rest before the biggest 3-game series might be important to Zeke. Personally I want Semien, Seager, Lowe, Garcia, Jung, Heim, Garver, Zeke and Taveras out there every game. But I realize that a day off is needed every once in a while and Jankowski, Smith, Grossman and Leon are going to be in the lineup. We may not like certain players but logic says Bochy is going to use every player on the 26-man roster

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bochy or Grossman did not lose the game. There were plenty of others who made major contributions to the loss. 1-4 holes failed miserably. 9 RISP says it all.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Headed to a more competent location
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Power Rankings: Can this red-hot AL team catch the Rays?

i

2. Texas Rangers

Record: 40-21

Previous ranking: 3

The Rangers had the proverbial good news/bad news kind of week as they increased their lead in the American League West with a sweep of division rival Seattle. Texas outscored the Mariners 30-9 in three games over the weekend, and Marcus Semien has remained hot, with a hit in 25 straight games (ending Wednesday, as he went hitless in the 1-0 loss to the Cardinals) and 31 of 33. The team's +155 run differential through its first 60 games is the best to start a season by any MLB team since the 1939 Yankees. The bad news? Texas lost Jacob deGrom to elbow surgery. It's a major blow, but Bruce Bochy, already the heavy favorite for AL Manager of the Year, has the team depth to keep rolling. -- Rogers

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bochy or Grossman did not lose the game. There were plenty of others who made major contributions to the loss. 1-4 holes failed miserably. 9 RISP says it all.
I just said Grossman sucks, and I'd prefer we not have him on the roster, much less play him, I didn't say anything about him costing us the game

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just said Grossman sucks, and I'd prefer we not have him on the roster, much less play him, I didn't say anything about him costing us the game
And I would prefer someone else too but I don’t see anyone that we’re not playing when he is on the field sitting on the bench. Since the return of Duran and Garver, he has spent much of the time on the bench and then only when they give Duran or Garcia or even Garver a rest. And even then Jankowski has got the start over him on occasion.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This upcoming series against the Rays is intriguing, but in the grand scheme of things it is no bigger than the last few series we have played. It is certainly not as big of a series as those that are against our division foes.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol at Evan. He gets his stinger out a little prematurely here.