• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The QB situation...

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alex Smith held onto the ball too long and missed his shots downfield to open receivers.
:bolt:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So what you're saying is that Alex actually ISN'T and elite NFL QB???

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we should trade for tebow, he had a 104 passer rating

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not getting 30 pts in fantasy every week :(

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kaep has shown they should work him into the game every week. That run in GB was beautiful, the 30 yard run today was awesome... and the TD run today was pretty.

I even liked his pass to Moss, just too bad he was triple-covered... Moss was at least able to try and make a play on it.

I'd like to see more Kaep in the redzone. Think about that play at the end of the game too, where he slid instead of walking in for the TD. Turn those big runs of his into TDs instead of 30 yard gains at midfield.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
At least they were 1 stride misses.

Jumbo stuff should be tossed in favor of spread stuff.

The roll outs are just taking away half the field. Kap is the one who would need the safer 1 side read or use his legs to get a few yards.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kaep has shown they should work him into the game every week. That run in GB was beautiful, the 30 yard run today was awesome... and the TD run today was pretty.

I even liked his pass to Moss, just too bad he was triple-covered... Moss was at least able to try and make a play on it.

I'd like to see more Kaep in the redzone. Think about that play at the end of the game too, where he slid instead of walking in for the TD. Turn those big runs of his into TDs instead of 30 yard gains at midfield.

It's one thing to give Kaep a chance to come in the game and get some runs going or an occasional deep shot down the field. It's completely different to say he should be our starting QB. I know that's not what you are saying, but some have hinted that.

Kaep needs to prove that he can be an effective passer. He has not shown that yet.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's one thing to give Kaep a chance to come in the game and get some runs going or an occasional deep shot down the field. It's completely different to say he should be our starting QB. I know that's not what you are saying, but some have hinted that.

Kaep needs to prove that he can be an effective passer. He has not shown that yet.

I agree that we need to see more but damn, that tipped pass to Moss in the endzone was more on point than any deep ball I've ever seen Alex throw. I was on the Alex bandwagon after last season but this year it seems he's either declined or other teams caught on to how to stop his Dink and dunk passes. He really hasn't looked that good.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith held onto the ball too long and missed his shots downfield to open receivers.
:bolt:

He did throw poorly down the field again today but they have to keep trying until they get the timing right. The difference between Smith and either of the two backups is astronomical. Can't bench him.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kaep can't prove anything until he's given some reps.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex deep balls should have been completions, but that damn DB for the Jets kept getting away with bumping and holding the receivers just enough to slow down their route otherwise the catch those passes in stride and walk into the endzone. I couldn't believe how much contact that guy kept getting away with while the ball was in the air. He easily re-routed Crabtree and Manningham just enough to cause the pass to be just outside their reach.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then I hope he proves nothing this year because if Kaepernick takes over as the starter we are sunk.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I loved him giving moss a shot to make a play

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Based on what?

History. Your feelings about dudes could be right but not likely.

Like 25% chance he would be as good as Smith this year.

He could probably Vince Young/Rex Grossman us to the playoffs but then vs. good teams with good coaching staffs against a QB with little NFL experience probably on the road, we'd be in trouble.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

To fans he can't. To others in the know he can prove SOME things. Not enough to write a big chapter of his story, but he's writing the first couple chapters every single day when we're all at work.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History. Your feelings about dudes could be right but not likely.

Like 25% chance he would be as good as Smith this year.

He could probably Vince Young/Rex Grossman us to the playoffs but then vs. good teams with good coaching staffs against a QB with little NFL experience probably on the road, we'd be in trouble.

I have no proof he'll light it up. I have no proof he'll even be as good as Smith.

Just like how you have no proof that he won't light it up, or no proof that he won't be as good as Alex.

What we do is that he provides a completely different dimension running the football, and has the arm to to give our receivers opportunities down field.