• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Present and Future of QB is concerning

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we would be better to play Keenum in 2019 and look to the 2020 draft class for a QB given the praise that has been given to that class on this board. I really don't know any of them. We could roll with Kelly or Hogan as the backup.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I thought Denver should have taken a flier on Rosen. Since we didn't we have to obtain more 20 draft assets. We might need to consider actually trading back to land an extra #1 in 20.

I hope John moves a few guys this year (Why because no QBOTF is here)
Focus on right HC
Increase Draft capital for 20
Get QBOTF in 20 draft major trade if you need too.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't exactly use a 5th overall pick on a "flier" ;) But I got what you meant.

I have no problem with using the 5th pick this year on the best pass rusher in the draft and it has worked out great so far.

Yes, we need a QB.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be the only one but I would not mind Derek Carr here next year.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be the only one but I would not mind Derek Carr here next year.

Pairing Carr with Musgrave could be a good idea, as they did very well together in Oakland. However, Carr has really regressed, is injury prone and more expensive than his current production. Would be another patchwork solution for a year or two, while waiting for QB draft prospects to improve.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pairing Carr with Musgrave could be a good idea, as they did very well together in Oakland. However, Carr has really regressed, is injury prone and more expensive than his current production. Would be another patchwork solution for a year or two, while waiting for QB draft prospects to improve.

If that is what you think ,a temp solution , I think then you blow the team up. Just like OAK is doing. Trade Von and Harris and Sanders.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is what you think ,a temp solution , I think then you blow the team up. Just like OAK is doing. Trade Von and Harris and Sanders.

Yeah, I've certainly heard that theory tossed around on the airwaves here in Denver but I'm not a fan of that approach. Von Miller is still an elite player and Harris/Sanders are both still playing great. I'd rather continue to build around those core players but getting anywhere is brutally difficult with no QB. The Broncos need to find their QB and have another draft or two like last year.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've certainly heard that theory tossed around on the airwaves here in Denver but I'm not a fan of that approach. Von Miller is still an elite player and Harris/Sanders are both still playing great. I'd rather continue to build around those core players but getting anywhere is brutally difficult with no QB. The Broncos need to find their QB and have another draft or two like last year.
I'm not convinced Elway can evaluate QBs that's why I presented the Derek Carr scenario. Did they really want Darnold last year and was he the top guy. If so I can buy into drafting a QB.

Just think how different this team would be had Denver lost to Indy last year. #3 pick Darnold in Denver. At this point I have to root for losses because I don't see Keenum being the future. We need to sell the farm and get the guy just like KC did

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice article btw, Nick.

No on Derek Carr. He hasn’t been the sme isnce injury, gets paid a lot and plays scared now. Has also lost respect from teammates. PASS!

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for taking the time to read and share for those of you who do. You guys are the bees knees

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised that Keenum hasn't done better. The Broncos - for some reason - are not featuring his skills, nor are they playing to their strengths on offense - IMO.

In answer to the question on this thread - things chance fast in the NFL. The Broncos went for Tebow to Peyton Manning in one year's time - for instance.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised that Keenum hasn't done better. The Broncos - for some reason - are not featuring his skills, nor are they playing to their strengths on offense - IMO.

In answer to the question on this thread - things chance fast in the NFL. The Broncos went for Tebow to Peyton Manning in one year's time - for instance.

You would think as a staff they would do whatever they did well(and build off that each week ) and not try and make the team what they are not. Like you said teams don't wait. If it does not work that year no telling what happens the next year.