• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Players Ho hum

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DVRed Sun. round and watched some of it last night.

Maybe it was because Kaymer won, no Phil, Tiger, Bubba, etc. in the hunt, Speith couldn't hold it together, not sure, but this had to be the most boring Players Champ I've seen in a while.

Kaymer made dbl on 15 to make it interesting, but a great par save @ 17 won it for him...it's been a long road back for him...what is it with touring pros that have success then change everything?...this guy hits a beautiful fade and tried to change it to a draw after winning the PGA and ruined his confidence for a long while.

Aside from a few guys making a money grab such as Furyk, Rory, and Jimmy Walker...this was kind of a dud finish in Ponte Verdra.

On to Texas! Glad his name is still on the marquee, but my how this event has dropped in prestige since Lord Byron passed.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the whole thing. Spent the ENTIRE weekend building and fencing in a raised bed garden for my wife for Mother's Day.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the whole thing. Spent the ENTIRE weekend building and fencing in a raised bed garden for my wife for Mother's Day.

Good deed...that should get you a few points.

Interesting what are you planting?...my wife and are into juicing and have considered a veggie garden, but here with all these damn subdivision rules and regulations I'd have pull out the HOA booklet. I should've bought a couple of acres when the market was down and built on it, but that would've meant more time in the yard and less on the course...screw that at my age.

On the tourney...to be honest you didn't miss much...Kaymer was about blow a casket near the end...after an ugly dbl on 15, a weak ass par on 16 (was around the green in 2 on the par 5)...on 17 he was way short on his tee ball and damn near spun it back in the water, right on the edge where only the rough held it up...then hit a very amateurish chip, leaving 20+' for par...but he did roll that in...not much drama on 18.

Spieth just didn't have it I guess...had the lead early, then a bunch of bogeys killed his chances, swimming against the current on most of the back 9.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DVRed Sun. round and watched some of it last night.

Maybe it was because Kaymer won, no Phil, Tiger, Bubba, etc. in the hunt, Speith couldn't hold it together, not sure, but this had to be the most boring Players Champ I've seen in a while.

Kaymer made dbl on 15 to make it interesting, but a great par save @ 17 won it for him...it's been a long road back for him...what is it with touring pros that have success then change everything?...this guy hits a beautiful fade and tried to change it to a draw after winning the PGA and ruined his confidence for a long while.

Aside from a few guys making a money grab such as Furyk, Rory, and Jimmy Walker...this was kind of a dud finish in Ponte Verdra.

On to Texas! Glad his name is still on the marquee, but my how this event has dropped in prestige since Lord Byron passed.

Still some pretty big names in this tournament. Too bad the greatest golfer of all time, the former North Korean leader, Kim Il Sung, is not still alive to play. He only played once in his life on a course that was built for him and he shot a 34 on a par 72 track with 11 holes in one. All this with never having played before? What a stud!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a guy! I bought mine a new frying pan.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still some pretty big names in this tournament. Too bad the greatest golfer of all time, the former North Korean leader, Kim Il Sung, is not still alive to play. He only played once in his life on a course that was built for him and he shot a 34 on a par 72 track with 11 holes in one. All this with never having played before? What a stud!

You learn something new everyday! Too bad half the penisula is more or less shut off from the world...nephew is in S. Korea right now in the army...he says they can easily see across the border and it's like stepping back in time.

Yea...a quick scan of the field...not bad.