• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fresh off win, inside Rory McIlroy’s jam-packed 24 hours traveling to the U.S. Open

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dm_220612_Rory_knocks_down_default.jpg

Great win for Rory ....I have to say that I have not seen his wedge play this sharp in a while.
Then I read this below. I know he has been working on his wedges but I wonder having to walk off all the yardages himself
allowed him to really give him a better fell of his distances.

It must not feel to great for a caddy when your guy wins when your not there.

“One of the things for me this week, which I don't do usually, is I was pacing out all my yardage, writing all my notes down in my yardage book,” McIlroy said of the task that’s usually delegated to his caddie, Harry Diamond.

But Harry wasn’t on the bag this week, opting to stay home for something even better: the birth of his second child, who arrived just in time Friday to see Uncle Rory smash the weekend.

In his stead, McIlroy’s long-time friend Niall O’Connor filled in for the second time in the 33-year-old’s career.

“I had my head in my book a lot more today and was really into my shots and into my golf,” McIlroy reflected, saying despite the heavier load, “I think it really helped in terms of my mentality and my approach to some shots.”

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see a LIV guy win the US Open after all the pontificating done by the analysts at “Live From The US Open” yesterday. Talking all this shit about what a slap in the face. To human rights and women’s rights and saying the players are disrespecting the 911 victims. What a bunch of shit! The PGA really had these clowns towing the line. Good hod, it’s just golf