• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rory cruises to win Arnie's Bayhill

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the golfers here know I'm a huge Rory fan.

I've waited a while to watch the kid do what I know he can do. He can just bring a golf course to it's knee's

He had a 370 yard drive, His approach shots were within a yard of where he was aiming, and he had the speed & breaks of the green down perfect. And the most important stat of all ..no bogeys.

When he is play like that it's just unbelievable.

And that is also why it's so frustrating when you see a guy with that much talent miss cuts. Not contending is one thing but to miss cuts as often as he does is in my eyes an unforced error. That seems all mental to me.

Hopefully this win will be a big kick in the ass for Rory to take the rest of the year as serious as a heart attack.

And hopefully he is on his way to Georgia as we speak. No such thing as too much practice when you have a shot at history.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he works with Brad Faxon on his putting for a few hours, and then he becomes the best putter in the field.
If that is all it took, I gotta say, everyone look out!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People keep saying that Rory's back but he pulled several lengthy putts out of his ass to win this one. I wouldn't call that cruising.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well @NEhomer on the scoreboard I should say...he jumped out of a tight pack and cruised because no one could touch the number he posted...5 out of 6 to close was scorching hot.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the golfers here know I'm a huge Rory fan.

I've waited a while to watch the kid do what I know he can do. He can just bring a golf course to it's knee's

He had a 370 yard drive, His approach shots were within a yard of where he was aiming, and he had the speed & breaks of the green down perfect. And the most important stat of all ..no bogeys.

When he is play like that it's just unbelievable.

And that is also why it's so frustrating when you see a guy with that much talent miss cuts. Not contending is one thing but to miss cuts as often as he does is in my eyes an unforced error. That seems all mental to me.

Hopefully this win will be a big kick in the ass for Rory to take the rest of the year as serious as a heart attack.

And hopefully he is on his way to Georgia as we speak. No such thing as too much practice when you have a shot at history.

I don't have a favorite golfer per se, but I think if we could bottle the best game from the top golfers around the world and pitted them against each other in a 4 round tourney with major conditions, I think it would come down to probably Rory and DJ.

As it stands right now, its hard to say who the favorites are at Augusta next month, Bubba just won recently, he loves that track, Phil just won, DJ is still playing at a high level, Justin Thomas, now Rory. I'm looking forward to the Masters.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well @NEhomer on the scoreboard I should say...he jumped out of a tight pack and cruised because no one could touch the number he posted...5 out of 6 to close was scorching hot.

Yeah, I get that but he pulled at least three putts out of his ass from long distance. If those had been 6 footers from solid iron play, I'd go along with the "cruised" notion.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clear cut dominant player right now. Rory hadn't won for 500+ days on tour I believe.

Should be a helluva 2018

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I get that but he pulled at least three putts out of his ass from long distance. If those had been 6 footers from solid iron play, I'd go along with the "cruised" notion.

For the record,

Proximity to the hole on Sunday:

"McIlroy's average distance to the cup on his approach shots on Sunday was 24 feet. That was No. 1 in the field for Round 4, and he finished No. 1 in the field in that category for the tournament."

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record,

Proximity to the hole on Sunday:

"McIlroy's average distance to the cup on his approach shots on Sunday was 24 feet. That was No. 1 in the field for Round 4, and he finished No. 1 in the field in that category for the tournament."

....and a number of his closing putts were holed from beyond that 24' mark.

How'd he do yesterday when those didn't drop?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....and a number of his closing putts were holed from beyond that 24' mark.

How'd he do yesterday when those didn't drop?

Are you saying that with the lead ..Rory should have gone pin hunting on the closing holes?

16 has water, 17 has water, 18 has water.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying that with the lead ..Rory should have gone pin hunting on the closing holes?

16 has water, 17 has water, 18 has water.

Cripes no, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that a number of lengthy putts rolled in for Rory that don't normally drop.

Like the way they didn't drop yesterday.

If you want to say that Rory "cruised" to his win then fine...I just don't see it that way.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cripes no, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that a number of lengthy putts rolled in for Rory that don't normally drop.

Like the way they didn't drop yesterday.

If you want to say that Rory "cruised" to his win then fine...I just don't see it that way.

I think we're putting a lot focus on a word...I get it, this wasn't the USO @ Congressional cruising...he got hot late and posted a number no one came within 3 shots of.

It ended up being a pretty comfortable win.