• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Phoenix Suns Thread

How Far Will the Phoenix Suns Go in 2014?

• Lose in the Finals.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose in the Western Conference Finals.

• Lose in the Semi-Finals.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As explained in the Team-by-Team Thread, I am planning on making a thread every three days for a different team. The first few posts will be questions, requests for predictions, etc. There will be a poll unless I don't feel like making one. Some teams are less interesting than others.

Please participate in posting articles, predictions, etc.

So Far:

The San Antonio Spurs Thread - Defending NBA Champions.

The Miami Heat Thread - NBA Finals Runnerup.

The Oklahoma City Thunder Thread - Lost to the Champions.

The Indiana Pacers Thread - Lost to Finals Runnerup.

The Portland Trailblazers Thread - Lost to the Champions.

The Brooklyn Nets Thread - Lost to the Finals Runnerup.

The Los Angeles Clippers Thread - Lost to the Western Conference Runnerup.

The Washington Wizards Thread - Lost to the Eastern Conference Runnerup.

The Dallas Mavericks Thread - Lost to the Champions.

The Charlotte Hornets Thread - Lost to the Finals Runnerup.

The Memphis Grizzlies Thread - Lost to the Western Conference Runnerup.

The Atlanta Hawks Thread - Lost to the Eastern Conference Runnerup.

The Houston Rockets Thread - Lost to the Runnerup to the Western Conference Runnerup.

The Toronto Raptors Thread - Lost to the Runnerup to the Eastern Conference Runnerup.

The Golden State Warriors Thread - Last Playoff Team from the Winning Conference.

The Chicago Bulls Thread - Last Playoff Team from the Runnerup Conference.

The Phoenix Suns Thread - Best Record for Non-Playoff Team.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like it's too early to talk about the Suns. My expectations are tempered on what happens with the whole Bledsoe situation. Once that gets settled I can give my complete thoughts on this team.

But as the roster stands now... Dragic and Thomas will keep it a face paced game with shooters like Green and the Twins spreading the floor it should once again be a dynamic offense. Love Warren off the bench and think Tucker will only get better. Miles Plumlee will need to step up along with Alex Len at center.

Really hope they can land a big man in a S&T for Bledsoe but if not I'm perfectly fine with bringing him back if he lowers his demands. I see us as anywhere from a 6-9 seed next year.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a history lesson - Gus Williams sat out a whole season due to a contract dispute when he was with Seattle in the early 80's. Might we see a similar situation with Bledsoe this season?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just doesn't seem like either side is willing to budge from their stance. At least Greg Monroe has shown a willingness to take the qualifying offer in Detroit.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first, I thought Rich Paul was a complete IDIOT.

But, now I'm starting to see the situation differently.

He knows exactly what he is doing by refusing to negotiate.

Either the Suns cave and get bullied into overpaying or Bledsoe becomes an unrestricted FA next Summer and walks to the Lakers or Knicks.

It's actually a win-win situation.....

For Bledsoe.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first, I thought Rich Paul was a complete IDIOT.

But, now I'm starting to see the situation differently.

He knows exactly what he is doing by refusing to negotiate.

Either the Suns cave and get bullied into overpaying or Bledsoe becomes an unrestricted FA next Summer and walks to the Lakers or Knicks.

It's actually a win-win situation.....

For Bledsoe.

You say win-win, I say risk. He can either;

A) accept a 4 year $48 million deal and get guaranteed money at a fair price given his knee issues and due to the fact he's only been a starter for half a year.

B) take qualifying offer and make nearly $7 million less next year and play through the ENTIRE year without any major knee/issues and injuries in which case would then lower his value substantially.

If he takes route B then he loses 7 mil right off the bat and would have to top 12 million by at least 3.5 million annually in his next contract ($15.5mil. per year) just to RETAIN the money he lost and that would take 2+ years to fully cover. Which at that point makes it a risk NOT worth taking.

If Rich Paul is so smart, he would've found a better offer for Bledsoe early in the FA process, but instead he failed to get ONE offer sheet signed. It's his fault. He dug himself in a deep, deep hole and he better pray that Bledsoe's knees don't fail him next year.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say win-win, I say risk. He can either;

A) accept a 4 year $48 million deal and get guaranteed money at a fair price given his knee issues and due to the fact he's only been a starter for half a year.

B) take qualifying offer and make nearly $7 million less next year and play through the ENTIRE year without any major knee/issues and injuries in which case would then lower his value substantially.

If he takes route B then he loses 7 mil right off the bat and would have to top 12 million by at least 3.5 million annually in his next contract ($15.5mil. per year) just to RETAIN the money he lost and that would take 2+ years to fully cover. Which at that point makes it a risk NOT worth taking.

If Rich Paul is so smart, he would've found a better offer for Bledsoe early in the FA process, but instead he failed to get ONE offer sheet signed. It's his fault. He dug himself in a deep, deep hole and he better pray that Bledsoe's knees don't fail him next year.

You are looking at the situation thru a narrow lens.

Bledsoe would recoup every penny he leaves on the table, with endorsement deals, if he signs with the Lakers or Knicks.

It seems pretty clear that he intends to walk and leave the Suns with nothing, unless they grab their ankles.

Hopefully, they are smart enough to trade him before or during the Season.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really hasn't proven anything and he has two major knee injuries this early in his career.

Offering the same amount Lawson and Lowry got and MORE than what Tony Parker got is more than fair. I'm sorry, but Bledsoe's agent is an idiot if he thinks he's worth a max contract.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really hasn't proven anything and he has two major knee injuries this early in his career.

Offering the same amount Lawson and Lowry got and MORE than what Tony Parker got is more than fair. I'm sorry, but Bledsoe's agent is an idiot if he thinks he's worth a max contract.

Oh, don't misunderstand me.

That Dude is smokin trees if he thinks he's a max player.

That's why the Clippers dealt him so early, the writing was on the wall and they knew they couldn't keep him.

But, the fact remains that SOMEONE will pay him and the Suns will get nothing in return if he takes the qualifying offer.

I doubt he gets a max contract, anywhere...

But, it should be crystal clear that his handlers wanted him out of that market.

This max deal or bust strategy was their way of achieving that.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 more days, please vote for an option above. Thanks