• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Patriots win Deflategate

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His discussions with Chris Berman were great. He spent the whole time just talking about the different facets of the the game, almost like a fan. In a very relaxed way.

That was the most at ease I've ever seen him. His showing up in mid show was very much unexpected.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They shouldn'ta deflated the balls.

Should have been a fine at most.

But in the end even with the fines and suspensions, the Patriots, Bellichick and Brady only solidified their stature for greatness.

Goodell, the owners and the haters all lost this one.

The Patriots won.. :D

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell, the owners and the haters all lost this one.

I'm not a yuge Goodell fan, but how, exactly, did he lose?

I doubt he gives a crap who wins the SB every year, so long as nobody does anything that the league can be criticized for. His job is to protect the brand, so guys like Kraft can keep minting fresh money

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no question now who won this two year debacle.

Brady and the Patriots win their 5th Superbowl in the improbable and amazing fashion.

After a 4 game suspension of Brady by Goodell (in which the Patriots still went 3-1)

After winning a Superbowl that could easily be called "The best Superbowl ever"
the Patriots were able to show just why they were a great team, a great dynasty led by the greatest QB ever and the best coach ever. Almost without contest.

And while the fans were allowed to roar a long resounding boo of Goodell last night

Brady, Belichick and even Kraft were still mostly able to stay classy and take the high road in victory.

All in all, a wonderful day.. :D
I wonder how much it helped Brady to have those 4 games off by the time the SuperBowl came around.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt he gives a crap who wins the SB every year, so long as nobody does anything that the league can be criticized for. His job is to protect the brand, so guys like Kraft can keep minting fresh money

Yes. Clearly Goodell isn't a person who cares about how people and the owners view him. I'm sure he's thrilled having his efforts to discipline the Patriots prove ineffectual for all to see.

I'm sure he comfortable in the fact almost anyone with half a brain could make money for the NFL.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he's thrilled having his efforts to discipline the Patriots prove ineffectual for all to see.

But he DID discipline them.

The Brady suspension, the fines, the loss of draft picks, all of which were executed, none of which -- to my knowledge -- have been overturned.

Some of you Pats fans think that his intent was to keep them out of the superbowl. If he had wanted that the be the punishment, he would have given them a one-year post season ban, or something.

I'm sure he comfortable in the fact almost anyone with half a brain could make money for the NFL.

So when will you be taking the position?

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you shitting me? Kraft was in no way classy. He was a little bitch out there with his, "It's been a hard year, but I don't need to say anything more about that..."

Why the fuck is he bringing it up in the first place?

Classy would have been to say "Thank you Commissioner Goodell," take the trophy, and then do the general "thank-you-to-the-best-fans-in-the-world" spiel without referencing all your internal butthurt
The best revenge is.....revenge. It's now done. All square.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best revenge is.....revenge. It's now done. All square.

I guess so...but from now on, whenever the Pats win anything else they're gonna trot out this woe is us, nanny-boo-boo stuff.

Even more, I mean.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Brady suspension, the fines, the loss of draft picks, all of which were executed, none of which -- to my knowledge -- have been overturned.

Some of you Pats fans think that his intent was to keep them out of the superbowl. If he had wanted that the be the punishment, he would have given them a one-year post season ban, or something.

I can start right away. You really think Goodell is indispensable to the continued success of the NFL?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you shitting me? Kraft was in no way classy. He was a little bitch out there with his, "It's been a hard year, but I don't need to say anything more about that..."

Why the fuck is he bringing it up in the first place?

Classy would have been to say "Thank you Commissioner Goodell," take the trophy, and then do the general "thank-you-to-the-best-fans-in-the-world" spiel without referencing all your internal butthurt

Because Bob Kraft is a football fan.

Who happens to be a billionaire, so he bought the Patriots.\

But he's still one of us.
Thanks again Bob.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been hearing all year about how viewership is way down and he and "the league" have been criticized from all angles.
Not winning...

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So "it could have been worse" now equals "stayin' classy"???

"Your honor, I should be found not guilty by reason that I merely sawed off the victims' legs, but I COULD HAVE killed her"

Jury weeps, deliberates for 12 seconds, awards the defendant a trophy

They shouldn'ta deflated the balls.

I guess so...but from now on, whenever the Pats win anything else they're gonna trot out this woe is us, nanny-boo-boo stuff.

Even more, I mean.

Well hu butt hurt little betch. Lol!

How'd you enjoy the game hu? Great ending huh?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$3000 ticket to the SB
$1,000,000 Deflategate fine
Watching Roger Goddell hand Kraft, BB and TB the Lombardi PRICELESS

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I think it's still going. FU Roger

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was nothing wrong or out of line with Kraft's little speech up on the podium. Anyone who says there was is reaching.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the Patriots won deflategate.

I mean, what are the chances of winning the SB in the same year? That's just crazy.