• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavon Coleman had a coming out party at this game rushing for 181 yards. So the running game really really got going this week and that was outstanding to see. Zona dropped 8 back trying to take the passing game away and UW responded. It's not all bad news.

Just UW had several opportunities in the 3rd and 4th to put a massive hurt on the cats and kept coming up short. Even their kicker which is the most accurate in school history failed on both of his field goal tries.

Good teams find a way to win ugly games on the road so we will take it.
That's what they are saying over at Stanford.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a dumb ass, the Bruins have one loss in the Conference and are in control of their own fate.

And the loss is to a team in the North. If there's a tiebreaker I could see it possibly costing them, but it certainly doesn't "take them out of the running."

Hell, USC has 2 conference losses and isn't even out of the running to win the South (although we probably have to win out now)>

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These three weeks are going to test my liver like never before.

giphy.gif

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Helfrich was let go and Oregon went after Briles the UW Schadenfreude train would be epic! This would result in a magnitude of Husky hate on Oregon previously unseen.

Someone needs to make this happen.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Helfrich was let go and Oregon went after Briles the UW Schadenfreude train would be epic! This would result in a magnitude of Husky hate on Oregon previously unseen.

Someone needs to make this happen.
Because we aren't already overboard enough on them as it is? :noidea:

Damn, I thought we were doing pretty good as it was. :pout:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Miles getting fired, I keep reading all the speculation about coaches, is SC really thinking about letting Helton go since I keep reading all these different guys might be going to SC over LSU.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Miles getting fired, I keep reading all the speculation about coaches, is SC really thinking about letting Helton go since I keep reading all these different guys might be going to SC over LSU.
When one big name team fires a head coach this early in the year it does make for some interesting drama as others contemplating doing so might now follow suit or at least push hard behind the scenes for the major players to keep themselves in the mix.

I don't see the ducks jumping in, but USC very much might. Swan has some big decisions ahead of him and Helton wasn't his guy to begin with.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-star CB/WR Jaylon Redd (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) has committed to Oregon. Offers included Nebraska, Mich, ND, Oklahoma, Zona, ASU, Colorado, UCLA, USC, Utah, Washington, and WSU

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-star CB/WR Jaylon Redd (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) has committed to Oregon. Offers included Nebraska, Mich, ND, Oklahoma, Zona, ASU, Colorado, UCLA, USC, Utah, Washington, and WSU
What a terrible decision.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When one big name team fires a head coach this early in the year it does make for some interesting drama as others contemplating doing so might now follow suit or at least push hard behind the scenes for the major players to keep themselves in the mix.

I don't see the ducks jumping in, but USC very much might. Swan has some big decisions ahead of him and Helton wasn't his guy to begin with.

Well I keep seeing the Houston coach being brought up for LSU but "speculation" obviously online but keeps saying he is waiting for offseason for the Texas and SC jobs to open up. Obviously I'm not familiar with SC and stuff but just seems weird that Helton would have his job in jeopardy after losing to 3 solid to great teams. Didn't Carroll have worse losses in his first few seasons than Alabama, Stanford and Utah?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I keep seeing the Houston coach being brought up for LSU but "speculation" obviously online but keeps saying he is waiting for offseason for the Texas and SC jobs to open up. Obviously I'm not familiar with SC and stuff but just seems weird that Helton would have his job in jeopardy after losing to 3 solid to great teams. Didn't Carroll have worse losses in his first few seasons than Alabama, Stanford and Utah?
It isn't just the losing. There are reports of infighting, players looking to leave the program, etc. And the current AD didn't bring him in so there's no tie to need to try to stick with a guy longer because you brought him in.

Don't know if Swann will actually fire him in season, but I'd be surprised if he isn't quietly knocking on a few doors and at least seeing who has interest.

This is USC. They have one of the best built in recruiting advantages in all of college football. There is zero reason to settle for anything other than a coach that fits in well with the requirements of that job that excels in recruiting on those advantages. Not sure that Helton fits that. Maybe one of the USC fans here can speak more to how the alumni boosters view him and if he fits in well with all of those other things outside of just x's and o's because without that the losing is just the icing on his death cake.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Pete Carroll though, SC has still had the recruiting advantage and has essentially done shit though in my lifetime. I grew up hearing stories about SC and them flipping coaches all the time is silly. I watched that 30 for 30 on them and "according to that documentary" alumni wanted him gone after he lost to us in 02, forgetting that we were a top 10 team at home. Let the guy at least get his guys into their 3rd year before saying this guy sucks and starting over.

Infighting will happen, it's just in LA so everyone will know. If NY or Boston actually had football programs more than 2 people cared about you'd see it leaked too. The SMU shit wouldn't have been half as bad had they not had cutthroat media trying to scoop the sports stories.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC hasn't done shit since Carroll more because of the sanctions than the coaching changes, but they are only just now coming out from under that long ass penalty. That makes the job attractive to a level it hasn't been since Pete left. They are fully back to scholarship levels on top of that recruiting advantage. And it's in LA so it's great weather and the ocean all year long.

If USC is going to make a change it is right up there as one of, if not the, best job openings in the sport. Some might argue LSU being bigger because it's in the SEC and has had more recent success, but no. USC and it's not even close. Nor Oklahoma if those rumors come true and they are in the hunt. The only other program that could come open and challenge for a top candidate is Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.