• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry dude. You got me on the wrong night to ask for help.

Seriously. Apologies.

:suds:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you all are going to run another pac12 pick'em this year I request someone else takes their turn on managing it. I did all the stats the last two years. About time someone else stepped up and took a turn.

I know there was talk that this new site software might be able to manage those kinds of events and functions for us. Wish we knew an admin that could look into that and see if those options exist. :whistle:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, you guys know what would go well with the pickems? College fantasy football...

I understand some of you are too shy to just speak up and say you want in, but don't be!

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, you guys know what would go well with the pickems? College fantasy football...

I understand some of you are too shy to just speak up and say you want in, but don't be!
Can't do it.

Have pro going.

Too investd in UO to worry about other cfb players and teams

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't do it.

Have pro going.

Too investd in UO to worry about other cfb players and teams
All I see is a lot of excuses. I thought you were an American mamba... but now it's clear, you're an American't...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC fans talking about cheating when they have vacated seasons?
:lol:

Now that's funny shit.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC fans talking about cheating when they have vacated seasons?
:lol:

Now that's funny shit.
I'm just saying that the Huskies cheated (Bill Joe Hobert). There are quite a few teams that have got caught cheating. USC and UDUB are just two of many.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying that the Huskies cheated (Bill Joe Hobert). There are quite a few teams that have got caught cheating. USC and UDUB are just two of many.
How many vacated games are on UW's books? Right. I thought so.

There's a difference between institutional cheating and covering up and a team getting penalized over a player violating the rules and getting caught. Hobert took money/car/whatever from some dipshit in Idaho that wasn't close to the program and wasn't well known by the staff. He was at best a distant outside booster. Hobert was selfish and stupid. The team and staff cooperated fully. There were no vacated games.

Shall we look at USC's mess in comparison? I really don't think you need it do you?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is his second consecutive season of being academically ineligible? How has he not been expelled for poor academic performance? Maybe he missed 2014 for a different reason?

I smell stink-a-fish.
I heard he is thinking of enrolling at Norte Dame!!!:pound:

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheating is a sad reality of college football. But there is hope. Come live the fantasy in our SportsHoopla college fantasy league, where we have a strict 0 tolerance policy when it comes to cheating. cheating.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes y
How many vacated games are on UW's books? Right. I thought so.

There's a difference between institutional cheating and covering up and a team getting penalized over a player violating the rules and getting caught. Hobert took money/car/whatever from some dipshit in Idaho that wasn't close to the program and wasn't well known by the staff. He was at best a distant outside booster. Hobert was selfish and stupid. The team and staff cooperated fully. There were no vacated games.

Shall we look at USC's mess in comparison? I really don't think you need it do you?
Yes you're right there is a difference, but Billy Joe Hobert put the Huskies in a real mess. They have never recovered, where USC has. Also, Billy Joe did "violate" the rules and he got caught. The Huskies were put on probation and couldn't go to a bowl game for a couple of years. You're right, they didn't have to vacate any games, but they never recovered from that probation.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes y

Yes you're right there is a difference, but Billy Joe Hobert put the Huskies in real mess. They have never recovered, where USC has. Also, Billy Joe did "violate the rules and he got caught. The Huskies were put on probation and couldn't go to a bowl game. You're right, they didn't have to vacate any games, but they never recovered from that probation.
Never suggested otherwise. I simply said there's a difference between a player violating rules with a team fully cooperating and 'cheating' that leads to entire seasons and awards vacated.

Hobert did selfishly fuck his school. That's not what killed the program though, not directly. Walsh and a couple of other HC's that couldn't beat UW on the field cried to the Pac10 that the NCAA punishment wasn't enough. In an entirely unprecedented move the Pac added much more to it. Even then it wouldn't have killed it. James pushed for the AD and president to not fight the TV revenue loss, but stand up and fight for bowl bans to be lifted so it wouldn't hurt his kids. They agreed (he says) and then did the opposite over concerns about the lost revenue and it's impact on women's athletics programs. James felt betrayed and abandoned by his superiors and put in his resignation shortly after.

That's all a far cry from 'cheating' and having the NCAA come down so hard that whole seasons are vacated.

When one roots for a team that has recent vacated games/seasons/awards it's kind of funny to have them dredge up things from decades earlier that paled in comparison. It's a joke.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never suggested otherwise. I simply said there's a difference between a player violating rules with a team fully cooperating and 'cheating' that leads to entire seasons and awards vacated.

Hobert did selfishly fuck his school. That's not what killed the program though, not directly. Walsh and a couple of other HC's that couldn't beat UW on the field cried to the Pac10 that the NCAA punishment wasn't enough. In an entirely unprecedented move the Pac added much more to it. Even then it wouldn't have killed it. James pushed for the AD and president to not fight the TV revenue loss, but stand up and fight for bowl bans to be lifted so it wouldn't hurt his kids. They agreed (he says) and then did the opposite over concerns about the lost revenue and it's impact on women's athletics programs. James felt betrayed and abandoned by his superiors and put in his resignation shortly after.

That's all a far cry from 'cheating' and having the NCAA come down so hard that whole seasons are vacated.

When one roots for a team that has recent vacated games/seasons/awards it's kind of funny to have them dredge up things from decades earlier that paled in comparison. It's a joke.
Ok, fair enough. My point is that there are quite a few teams that "cheat" and get caught. The Huskies and the Trojans are just two of many.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, fair enough. My point is that there are quite a few teams that "cheat" and get caught. The Huskies and the Trojans are just two of many.

Come on, cheating is cheating. Why are you putting a "time limit" on cheating? How many years ago was USC put on probation. By the way do you classify five years "recent", 2010 is when the Trojans were put on probation?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.